Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail to the Redskins!

Mooka

sup fellow skins fanatics

few reasons why I think we've had a good offseason and are on the right track towards success

Upgrades-

C- Signed Rabach, the one position on our O-line we could've upgraded via FA. Hopefully he's the professional I know he is and can learn Gibb's system quickly.

#2WR- I think Patten is an ugrade over 50/50. Need someone consistent, size isn't bothering me.

Were getting Jansen back. Lavar should be back; can't wait to see him fully integrated into Greg's system. Barrow hopefully will be back by mid-season.

Our passing game can only get better, losing Laverneas hurt some but lets face it could it possibly get any worse from last year? I thought Pat showed steady improvement. Hopefully this will force some Defenses to stop feasting on CP. With Ramsey's arm he should be able to torch DBs on one on one coverage. (stackin against CP gave the receivers ample one on one opportunities last year unfortunately the line would usually falter, 38 sacks sheesh)

I think we are rediculously stacked at both safety positions. We all saw what Bowen did before he went down. Andre looks like he won't be ready for the start of the season, but we brought in Pierson who is very adequate and should be a Special Teams stud. I'm a huge Ryan Clark fan, one of my favorite memories of last season: "Who is that animal that's single-handedly running down and decking Jamal Lewis?"

Draft-

I know many people were disappointed about not drafting Mike Williams and are pondering why we gave up a first rounder for a QB projected as a second rounder but i'll ask this: How often do you enter the draft and get EXACTLY what you wanted? nuff said.

Negatives-

Losing Smoot- I saw this coming when we signed Springs and brought in Walt. I'm sure with Smoot and Samuels needing new contracts and the emergence of Pierce, our execs had to think long and hard about how to spread the money. Harris should be adequate as the #2 until Carlos is ready to start.

Losing Pierce- Just too much money for 1 good season. There was no way we were gonna match the Giants. I don't think Barrow will be ready till mid-season but I think we have more then enough depth at Linebacker to fill the Middle until hes ready.

Sean Taylor fiasco- *sigh* Sean why do you think your a thug? After going to college and becoming a millionare I think all "thug" status is thrown out the window. Very doubtful he will get any jail time and hopefully this will pass once he gets on the field. To all those fools around the league who say he's more trouble then he's worth.... yea name me a safety thats 6-2 230.

Roger's Injury- This really puts a damper on his pogression and makes it hard for him to become a starter this season. Really sucks, but you can't avoid the injury bug.

If we seadily improve then by next year we should be a playoff contender. Putting aside the #'s, we were out-played maybe 4 times last season: Cleveland, Philly game1 (cmon we only scored 6 pts) Cinci (thought they had a great gameplan against our D) and Pittsburg. Loses against Dallas, Giants, Baltimore, and GB were straight rediculous. Like Vince Lombardi said: "Winning is a habit. Unfortuantely, so is losing." (i.e. PATRIOTS!!! Can't wait till their dynasty is over...)

1 more thing

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :wewantd: :point2sky :point2sky

Originally posted by Mooka

Draft-

I know many people were disappointed about not drafting Mike Williams and are pondering why we gave up a first rounder for a QB projected as a second rounder but i'll ask this: How often do you enter the draft and get EXACTLY what you wanted? nuff said.

Hail to the Redskins indeed and welcome! I mostly agree with what you said, but I am still disappointed with the draft. We may have gotten what they wanted, but I am not sure we got what we needed. I am a little more nervous now that we found a previously undetected stress fracture on Rogers.

Also I am excited about the speed we added to our receiver core, but I think that Williams could have been the missing piece to make the receiving core untouchable. I hope we start using Darnerian's (sp?) size in our favor...... :2cents:

Welcome Mooka. Just in case you weren't told about the rules, you are required to buy the first round of drinks for everyone with 2000 posts or more. :D

Extremeskins is a great place, hopefully you'll love it, just ignore Tom [Giants fan], he's been shown to be a closet Redskins fan, but he's still a good guy.

Originally posted by Mooka

come out to the San Fransisco bay area and Ill buy you all a round of drinks.

:D :D :D

Welcome Mooka.......from Texas and the Blonde.

Big tailgate this year at the Arizona game.

See the info over on Tailgate.

Blondie

Archived