Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Carlos Rogers Age??

skins84

Did anybody else realize how old he is? (24)

--I'm not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing, it could be said that he is more mature and will be more developed than a normal rookie would be who for some would be coming into the league at 21 or 22 years old.

--Or possibly it could mean that he is starting his career 3 years later than a player like ST did who started playing when he was just 21 yrs. old and that there is a reason that Rogers was so good at the college level because he was a few years older than his competition...

note... by the time guys like pac man, ST, Deangelo Hall, C. Gabmle, etc. are 24 years old they will all have 2-3 years under their belts while Rogers is just starting his pro career at 24 years old...

what does everyone else think about this?

Originally posted by scottb

He just turned 24 (July 2). For what it's worth, if the question was asked last week he would have been 23. More than likely the oher guys you mentioned will be a "year" older during the season as well.

My point is that ST played a full season in the NFL when he was 21, and he just turned 22 in april...

D. Hall and C. Gamble also played a full year at 21, Hall will be 22 in nov., and Gamble just turned 22...

Pacman will be Starting at 21 and turning 22 in Sept....

C. Rogers will be starting his career at 24...

the fact still remains that despite your reply that he will still be starting his career 3 yeas after D. Hall, Gamble, and ST did and 2 years after Pacman....

Originally posted by skins84

the fact still remains that despite your reply that he will still be starting his career 3 yeas after D. Hall, Gamble, and ST did and 2 years after Pacman....

Actually the facts are that he will be starting his career within a year of all of them, and that he's a little older.

I'm not sure that'll make any difference at all, but obviously I hope that if it does, it's positive. If it brings a greater physical and emotional maturity, that's great. I can't see it being a negative at the beginning of his career.

Hopefully near the end of his career, the coaches will be looking at his on the field performance, rather than his age. With free agency the way it is now, chances are that he won't be with the Redskins at that point anyway.

I would think at this point in his career it would not be that big of a deal. If anything the added years and a little extra maturity should be a good thing. when he is 32 and the other guys are 29 that is probably when it is a big deal. But hey he probably won't be here then anyways so no big deal.

GO SKINS:logo:

Did anybody else realize how old he is? (24)

--I'm not saying it's a good thing or a bad thing, it could be said that he is more mature and will be more developed than a normal rookie would be who for some would be coming into the league at 21 or 22 years old.

--Or possibly it could mean that he is starting his career 3 years later than a player like ST did who started playing when he was just 21 yrs. old and that there is a reason that Rogers was so good at the college level because he was a few years older than his competition...

note... by the time guys like pac man, ST, Deangelo Hall, C. Gabmle, etc. are 24 years old they will all have 2-3 years under their belts while Rogers is just starting his pro career at 24 years old...

what does everyone else think about this?

Thank God that Champ and Smoot were younger when we drafted them..... wait, they are still in their 20's and aren't playing for us anymore. Damn. Back to the drawing board.

Wow, he must have been with Moses at the burning bush.

Most players are 22-23 when they get drafted. Not a concern to me at all. It could be alot worse, we could have drafted Terrance Newman.

If you want to complain about a players age in this draft... McCune would be more appropriate.

not a big deal. kids in the same grade are frequently different ages (by a year or so). then add in the possibility (i'm not sure and don't care enough to look it up) of rogers finishing in 5 years and other guys coming out early, you'd have a larger difference tacked on. besides, the frequency of draftees staying with their original team for 8-12 years is diminishing. much ado about nothing, imo.

Originally posted by [[ghost]]

one or two years cant make THAT big a difference, can they?

In all seriousness. It all depends on number of football years played. It's less the actual age and more the toll that playing football takes on your body. So, even though Carlos is older by a year to two years, he's likely played the same number of football years as other seniors that have left college. Notice I put the word senior in there, since this isn't true for guys like Taylor or Champ who leave school early. And besides, there's a difference in football toll between college and professional.

Anyway. The final answer is, no, it's almost meaningless that he's one to a few years older.

this is something that i brought up around draft time but no one seemed to share my concern. no one seems to care that hes already 24 but it bothers me, hes 2 years older than most rookies drafted last year.

all in all if he performs well on the field then i dont give a s**t if hes an old bastad

FARAPS, what exactly concerns you that he's older? That he'll develop premature arthritis at the age of 24? That his dentures will fall out during a game? That his osteoporitic bones will fracture at every step? That he'll need to take a breather every five steps?

Or are you worried about how many years he's played football, because as I just mentioned, it's likely it isn't different from any other college senior, no matter what his age.

McCune is the oldest, follwed by Jason Campbell of our draft class. I wouldnt be too worried of Rogers being 24, if he lasts for 10 years as a skin at a high level, its still good. I understand, its odd that Taylor, Hall and others will have 3 years on him and are younger, but it was his choice to stay in school and whatnot.

My point is that ST played a full season in the NFL when he was 21, and he just turned 22 in april...

D. Hall and C. Gamble also played a full year at 21, Hall will be 22 in nov., and Gamble just turned 22...

Pacman will be Starting at 21 and turning 22 in Sept....

C. Rogers will be starting his career at 24...

and your point is???? bottom line is that he is a solid corner....let's not forget skins84 that robert mccune is starting his NFL career at age 26, im sure your up in arms about THAT one...

Why is it that so many people interpret my post as being a negative one about C. Rogers? I simply wanted to know other people's opinion about how old he is and if anybody thought it was an advantage or disadvantage....

For those who commented about Mccune, I do know how old he is and i could care less about it because the reskins will not be investing nearly the amount in him, as they will be in Rogers....

Guest amaprius

I dont care about his age or the supposed effects of it. I just care if he plays the way we expect.

Archived