Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FAvorite american car brand

portis&taylor

I was raised a Chevy guy, but I don't know if I'll get another. I've had a bunch of problems with my Blazer and taking it to the dealer pi$$es me off everytime. Mr. Half-a$$wrench won't fix whats wrong and wants to charge me an arm and a leg to fix things that aren't broken. It's ticking me off just thinking about those morons.

I may go with a Dakota or Jeep next time.

Originally posted by SkinsBry

I was raised a Chevy guy, but I don't know if I'll get another. I've had a bunch of problems with my Blazer and taking it to the dealer pi$$es me off everytime. Mr. Half-a$$wrench won't fix whats wrong and wants to charge me an arm and a leg to fix things that aren't broken. It's ticking me off just thinking about those morons.

I may go with a Dakota or Jeep next time.

How did I know that you'd be chiming in here Bry? :laugh:

I personally like my Chevy.

Thought you were eyeballing the Tacoma?

Originally posted by rdsknbill

How did I know that you'd be chiming in here Bry? :laugh:

I personally like my Chevy.

Thought you were eyeballing the Tacoma?

I am but the poll asked American car. But I have liked Jeeps for awhile.

Well in the past I've owned a Ford and a Chevy, so I picked Dodge. :) The Chevy was a piece of crap. The Ford was old when I got it and had alot of problems, so in my opinion its faults were at least partly related to age, but it was still problematic.

To be honest, I don't have any faith anymore in the quality of US cars. I now own a VW which I love; my previous car was a Nissan which did well by me.

Here is my American Car owner favorite quote...this actually came from a Jeep owner. I owned the same model he owned and it was always in the shop.

He says...I haven't had a bit of problem with this car.

I say...Really mine has given me a bunch of proplems.

He then proceeds to tell me the car is on its second rear end (warranty repair) 2nd air conditioner (warranty repair) and multiple other similar repairs my own vehicle had. Now his were all under warranty.

Clue to american car owners...if you own a Honda (in general) you dont have issues like this in the first 100K miles of a car.

A no problem car means I get oil changes and a couple of services. It doesn't mean I got a new transmission but the warranty replaced it.

I have always preferred GM,however I have owned fords,chryslers and Mercurys.

The last new one ....I bought a Hyundai

They ALL got flaws, but I think how you care for it matters a lot.

Liberty,....You need to sweet talk those older models ;) They have feelings too.

I have always been a Ford lover. My mom worked for a dealer when I was just a little cuss, and I spent a lot of time there.

Also, having spent 3 + years doing handicapped vehicle work, I have to say Ford builds a sturdier vehicle. Right now, the only full size automobile on the road you can put a class three trailer hitch is the Ford/ Merc. Nothing else on the market has a full frame. Same goes for the full size vans. They use the heaviest guage steel in body construction out of all the American marquees.

Ford trucks (pick up) hands down. You can watch all the Chevy / GM comercials you want, but go out on the road, and you'll see what brand is used more for service vehicles. Ford F series.

All that being said, I don't own any true American vehicles. Toyota van, and a Merc Villager which was made by Nissan back then. If I was to buy an american vehicle, I would look no further then the local Ford dealer. Ok....OK, maybe I'd fly up to VA and drive home with a Riggins Ford.................

:cheers:

Archived