Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dave Butz Sighting

skinshog

I went to Fair Oaks Mall earlier today because Dave Butz was present to sign autographs. He's still a pretty big down to earth guy.

When I went up to him, I asked how he thought the Skins could do in 05'. He said the usual, that Joe Gibbs is weeding out the players, and in time the team should be successful. He also said he hopes they do better, that's for sure.

Then my brother went up. Nice rings, he said. Dave was wearing all of his Super Bowl rings, and believe me they were nice. Then he let my brother try the 87' Super Bowl ring on. Nice guy, I was jealous :cheers: . My brother asked if he still keeps up with things. Dave said not really. He moved to Illinois, 330 miles away from Dan Snyder, the way he likes it, and the way Snyder likes it. Apparently, he doesn't like the man.

Overall, I'm happy I got to meet the legendary Skin, and look forward to meeting more. I'll post in advance when other Skins will be there. They have them come by pretty frequently.

:helmet:

I am probably one of the few people on Earth that actually own a Dave Butz jersey.

I so miss being in DC and the opportunity to be involved with events like this.

Fair Oaks where ? Just in the center of the mall, or was it at a particular store.

PS Game Gear is the store I believe. They had a part-time job sign up, so I applied, but I think they only needed 2 people, and soon after I got my job at toys r us anyways. Yeh, the owners there are pretty friendly though, ive only talked to them like twice though. They have a lot of great stuff there though, your typical fan memorabilia store basically, and lots of signings.

Originally posted by Mr. S

PS Game Gear is the store I believe. They had a part-time job sign up, so I applied, but I think they only needed 2 people, and soon after I got my job at toys r us anyways. Yeh, the owners there are pretty friendly though, ive only talked to them like twice though. They have a lot of great stuff there though, your typical fan memorabilia store basically, and lots of signings.

Thats the place, couldn't remember it exactly.

Great Story,

Butz was a guy who was always there....rarely got injured and always blew up an opposing teams play in the middle.

I got a signed helmet from ebay (hopefully I can get the great 4 DL of the 80's- Butz (have), Manley (have) still need Mann and Grant).

Plus, every once in a while you can still hear Butz doing an NRA comercial on radio.

Originally posted by KDawg

I thought this thread was about us signing Dave Butz... I was gonna say... a little old, but nice depth! :)

LOL! Remember what we gave up to get Big Dave Butz?

EDIT: Actually, based on your age, I guess you wouldn't remember that huh?!

Hail,

H

I met Dave Butz a few times.The most recent was last fall.Ive told my six year old all about him and showed him old game tapes, I think he may be giving me a run for the biggest Butz fan.I asked him for a picture last fall and he said sure, he told my son to hold his arms up, then he grabbed both hands, picked him up over a table and put him in a chair beside him.The picture was awesome, me and my son in a Butz jersey and the real thing in the middle.We were at a signing in Richmond Saturday and a few old school fans came up and asked my boy who his favorite Redskin was( he was wearing a Portis jersey) anyways he told them Dave Butz and they all just thought that was the greatest thing ever.I forgot who said it but luckily I do have a helmet signed by the great four thanks to Dexter Manley Saturday.He waqs greta as well, he shook my hand and about broke it but was a helluva nice guy and seems to be doing pretty well.We met wilbur Marshall too, we waqs prolly the quietest of all the shins Ive had the pleasure of meeting and he signs his autos upside down for some reason.I dont know if he just isnt use to doing it since its so rare or what.Anywho just thought I'd share a little

Archived