Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Extremeskins at mini-camp. What do you want to know?

Art

Originally posted by Blade

Cheerleaders will NOT be at mini-camp..... remember, this is closed to everyone but the team, the media, and Extremeskins (I cant bring myself to lump us in with the media).

So, if you want Cheerleader pics, youll need to get a copy of the Cheerleader calender, or Redskins.com and post some pics from that :)

you're lying you just want them all to yourself :mad:

Originally posted by authentic

you're lying you just want them all to yourself :mad:

Uhh......NO. This is a MINI CAMP. There is NO reason for cheerleaders to be there. Have you seen any cheerleaders on the practice fields during the OTA's shown on redskins.com?

Originally posted by Art

All,

In an ongoing effort to provide the fans of Extremeskins.com the best Redskins-related community on the net, we will be sending two staffers to mini-camp this weekend to give you a personal feel for what's going on at Redskins Park. As we continue to provide the highest level of fan access anywhere, we will cater our reports to serve you. So, if there are areas you'd like us to focus, please let us know.

Redskins mini-camp runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday, June 17-19. Tarhog and TK will be in attendance. They will focus on camp from the aspect of reporting what you guys want to know. If there are aspects of camp you'd like them to really detail for you, let us know. If there are interviews with certain players you'd enjoy more than others, we'll try to get as many as possible within the parameters of established rules of conduct.

We can't promise that everything you'd ask for will be tracked, but, we'll do our best. All we can promise is a level of detail you won't get from typical media. We have no space constraints, so both TK and Tarhog will be writing Om, er, long :).

We'd like to extend our thanks to the Washington Redskins for allowing this very rare level of access for a site like ours. The professionalism we've been able to demonstrate to them with past interactions, coupled with the respect this site has generated due to size and activity levels have helped make this a possibility.

It is a pleasure to be the first fan site granted access to a closed function such as this as it gives all of us a look at the inner workings of the team we could not get otherwise. Please post your ideas or wishes in this thread so TK and Tarhog can track them and try to gather everything.

Thanks.

Extremeskins Staff.

Not to piss on the parade or anything, but www.thewarpath.net has had a camp reporter at minicamp and training camp the last few years.

Thanks for sharing, matty. I'm sure most Redskins fans know that there is more than one fan site on the web trying to provide the best and broadest coverage possible. Hopefully our mutual representatives will have the opportunity to meet this weekend.

Great opportunity for all of us; thanks to all concerned.

I'm interested in how the coaching staff interacts with the players -- who's running the show in different drills, how much teaching is going on on the field, and by whom, who is best at keeping the energy and intensity up, who obviously commands respect, etc.

At a more general level, giving us a feel for what we can't observe ourselves by reading the internet and watching tv obsessively.

(Also, if it turns out that Art is a last minute substitute for one of you two, I'd like a report on the outcome if he decides to man up on McCune. ;) Running a draft of that report by Om for editing and Bang for animating would be entirely welcome.)

Originally posted by matty dread

Not to piss on the parade or anything, but www.thewarpath.net has had a camp reporter at minicamp and training camp the last few years.

Ah yea.... weve forgotten about Joe Crisp's efforts the past couple years. Our apologies.

Regardless, I look forward to reading his MiniCamp writeups this year in addition to those of TK and Tarhog.

Matty, you're absolutely correct, and I appreciate you pointing that out. I had meant to say, more, that we're the first site openly acknowledged and understood to be a fan site by the Redskins to receive such access, given my understanding of the situation with Joe, but even that is not direct knowledge on my part.

However, assuming I'm wrong, please make sure Joe tracks down John and Rick so they can have some fun working this mini-camp together.

Art.

By the way... I can only imagine that if I were in this position, in addition to feeling thrilled and excited... I would have a feeling of significant responsibility and, quite frankly, nervousness.

So thanks again to Tarhog and TK for doing this, and make sure you have fun, too. Which probably won't be too hard. :D

:cheers:

Originally posted by TheDane

By the way... I can only imagine that if I were in this position, in addition to feeling thrilled and excited... I would have a feeling of significant responsibility and, quite frankly, nervousness.

So thanks again to Tarhog and TK for doing this, and make sure you have fun, too. Which probably won't be too hard. :D

:cheers:

There is something of a Catch-22 with this. It's great access, but, the weight of all these requests is on TK and Tarhog to fulfill as much as possible. We will be submitting special interview requests to the team based entirely on this thread and the interest here. If we can get people requested here, we will.

We are not going to receive -- and do not expect to receive -- any special treatment by the team, so, we will be working this as, basically, first time journalists to an event of this sort and we will be competing with true pros. It'll be somewhat interesting to see how Tar and TK survive :).

Originally posted by Art

We will be submitting special interview requests to the team based entirely on this thread and the interest here. If we can get people requested here, we will.

Really? That's interesting - if that's the case, then maybe it makes sense to try to get time of players who will be less likely to get hogged up by guys like Nunyo.

Well, not that he actually talks to players... but you know what I mean. La Canfora, then. Or Paul Woody.

I'm all for getting the Portises and Mosses and Ramseys and Gibbses of the world... but does it maybe make sense to also target more so-called "gettable" interviews? How about ideas like:

1) Ask a guy like James Thrash or Ade Jimoh what it's like to prepare and play on special teams. Especially a guy like Thrash, who seems to be an approachable and friendly guy from other peoples' reports. He could probably give good nuggets on the preparation for the offense, and how different it may be this year.

2) Try to get a rookie or UDFA, and ask what it's been like to adapt to the pro game through the OTAs and, now, first minicamp. I'm guessing guys like Newberry, Keasey, Broughton, and others would be psyched to speak to anyone.

3) Ask Renaldo Wynn about his role as player rep for the Redskins. Ask him about the changing nature of the defense, the defensive coaching staff, and professionalism of the squad, since he's been here through a ton. Ask him about the team chemistry.

4) Try to get an Earnest Byner or Dewayne Walker or Stan Hixon to comment on how the players are responding at their respective positions. How they got jobs as coaches. What it's like to be on Gibbs' and Jedi Gregg's coaching staffs. Attitude at Redskins park. EDIT: Looks like wskin said this much more eloquently than I earlier in the thread. :laugh:

5) Try to get Ray Brown or Tom Tupa and ask him about his extensive experience in the NFL, and how he feels about this team versus others he's been on. What he's doing to teach the youngin's. How team chemistry is at this stage.

6) Get a Ron Warner or Demetric Evans or Chris Clemons, and ask them if they feel like they've gotten a chance to show their skills more in Jedi Gregg's scheme than others. Ask why they think that is.

7) Try to get Chris Cooley, ask him about the transition he experienced last year and how much more prepared he feels now. How he prepped himself last year to have such a good season. What it's like being a Redskin. If not Cooley, then maybe try a Ryan Boschetti or Mark Wilson or Jim Molinaro and ask some of the same questions.

8) Rock Cartwright. Nuff said.

9) Try to get some guys who are expected to be big contributors in '05 like David Patten, Casey Rabach, Walt Harris, Taylor Jacobs, Joe Salavae'a, or Philip Daniels. Ask them how they're preparing differently, how do they feel, feelings about the upcoming season, chemistry, etc.

Anyway... just a few thoughts. From my perspective as a member and poster, any quote from anybody would be solid gold. Andy Groom would be a veritable Mark "Deep Throat" Felt. Hell -- and I'm serious -- hearing a quote from the receptionist at Redskins Park would be worthwhile.

I'm sure you guys can understand, I just wanted to make sure Joe Crisp's hard work didn't go unnoticed.

We'll be looking forward to your camp reports as well.

No worries from us man.

We should coordinate some so we provide different stuff instead of duplicate stuff. Contact me -- or have Joe -- if you're interested hooking up with TK and Tar so we can exchange contact info.

It'd be great to do some co-branded stuff to be sure, so more fans can get more different coverage. Let us know.

Art.

Conrats

I would love to know something that there is no way we will get the answer to:

1 - What is the plan for Williams sticking around. I would love to see him stay and transition from Gibbs to William in another 4 years but I know everyone is going to want Williams so its going to be tough for him to stay that long. We would be set for years if we could keep him until we turn the team over to him. He is key to us being great in the next 2 years.

2- Send our support to Rock. I wish he would have stayed big and had a chance to start last year. Tell us if he has beefed up again.

3 - Tell us if McCants gets it yet. Does he understand the opprotunity that is ahead of him if he just does what the other true Redskins are doing. Is he doing what is he asked ? Is he falling in line or is he still being an egomanic ? If he would just focus and be humble and listen to what they want from him, he can be a productive starter and a fan favorite for years to come. He needs to talk to Clark and learn what its like to be a Redskins star WR. You can own this town.

Thanks

Archived