Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quick Question...

If a guy came and tried ti kill you, say he shot up your house. Then you saw that guy an hour later, would you just let him walk by?

Some people say they'd call the police to come catch the guy. Thats a feasible reaction, but is there noone who just might get a little angry with the guy?

I mean, knowing that starting a fight is bad. Is it also bad to fight back when somebody starts a fight with you? Or what about when they swing and miss, are you still not allowed to fight back?

I don't know what happened to Sean Taylor. Neither does anybody else except Taylor and the others involved. But we're hearing so many sides of this story that for people to have the negative opinions that I'm seeing is rediculous.

I am not speaking only of Redskins fans; I am also speaking about the media who are making these definitive statements about Taylor based on this accusation. I expected the media to react like this, but its a shame with what they're allowed to get away with and come back and call it a mistake or a typo.

But the reaction from the media is the exact reason why we as Redskins fans have a responsibility to be selective in the means by which we judge Taylor. For instance, why do we believe somebody like Pastabelly when he speaks negatively about Taylor, but we hate him for every other negative statement about the Redskins?

I can understand Redskins fans getting upset with the lack of respect that Taylor showed Gibbs. But if you're going to judge Taylor, you can't put all these things into a lump sum and say this makes Taylor into the anti-christ. These are separate events. Many players have acted similar to Taylor in regards to not returning their coach's phone calls. We've called them disturbances and even locker room cancers, but this totally separate from being ACCUSED of a crime.

If he is found guilty then I will judge him based on the facts that are presented to me then. RIght now we have so few facts, especially in comparison to what the police and his lawyers know. As a US citizen, Taylor deserves the right to be thought of as innocent until proven guilty. If you don't believe that, then you need to either leave America, or talk to your congressman about changing the laws so that this is not true. Otherwise let the legal system take its course.

people believe what they want, & are basically closed minded, and after making a quick uninformed decesion..... that's it.....often twisting the facts to meet "what they think"....stubbornly refusing to change their mind, regardless of new information that may come out. Often getting angry when challenged.

only the truly intelligent keep an open mind, and wait to make an informed decision

If Taylor was where he was suppose to be with his teammates we wouldn't have to wonder about these questions. He probably isn't going to be found guilty of anything but being stupid and in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is still a lesson for him to learn about this be a professional at all times. He is a target and make good decisions because people are watching him.

Originally posted by Jay Master Jay

If Taylor was where he was suppose to be with his teammates we wouldn't have to wonder about these questions. He probably isn't going to be found guilty of anything but being stupid and in the wrong place at the wrong time. There is still a lesson for him to learn about this be a professional at all times. He is a target and make good decisions because people are watching him.

really? if he is soooo screwed up why couldn't he have screwed up in DC? Trouble isn't restricted to location.

Why do people keep linking these things together? As Bubba said, there is also trouble in DC.

Are you saying that if something simliar happened and he was going to minicamp, then he would be a better person? Or is it

that you wouldn't call him guilty then?

Originally posted by SlinginSammy HOF '63

Nope. I have a sound enough mind not to shoot back one hour later. That becomes premeditated and a whole new can of worms is opened up. I have too much to lose by committing a felony. Job, family, home, etc...

Then ignore the amount of time and the weapon used then. If somebody attacks you and you get angry and attack back, does that automatically imply that you are an evil person?

Originally posted by blakman211

As a US citizen, Taylor deserves the right to be thought of as innocent until proven guilty. If you don't believe that, then you need to either leave America, or talk to your congressman about changing the laws so that this is not true. Otherwise let the legal system take its course.

What the hell are you talking about? There is no law governing my thought process, or my opinions on the guilt or innocence of anyone. Too many of you guys are confusing the court of law and the court of public opinion.

Originally posted by bubba9497

really? if he is soooo screwed up why couldn't he have screwed up in DC? Trouble isn't restricted to location.

He could have and almost did with the dui, I know he beat it.

But chances are he would have been to tired to be out that late on a Wednesday or rather thurday morning to get in that kind of trouble, also he would have the guidance of his team mates and not his home town boys. you said you changed your ways, did you do it while still hanging with the same crowd?

Now come on bubba your not saying this had a GOOD chance of happening in DC during OTA's are you ?

If Taylor was where he was suppose to be with his teammates we wouldn't have to wonder about these questions.

And where exactly is he supposed to be? He missed voluntary workouts. He had no obligation to be there. So in my mind, he's supposed to be wherever he wants to be.

Based on what I heard, somebody took something that belongs to him. It doesn't matter if he has enough money to buy another ATV. The principle is that it was his.

Originally posted by a_good_brotha

And where exactly is he supposed to be? He missed voluntary workouts. He had no obligation to be there. So in my mind, he's supposed to be wherever he wants to be.

Based on what I heard, somebody took something that belongs to him. It doesn't matter if he has enough money to buy another ATV. The principle is that it was his.

When you say your going to be somewhere, like he told the coaches during pre-draft interviews, than you DO have an obligation to be there. It's called keeping your word.

Originally posted by CrazyZeb

What the hell are you talking about? There is no law governing my thought process, or my opinions on the guilt or innocence of anyone. Too many of you guys are confusing the court of law and the court of public opinion.

See, this can get me into a whole different thread about that topic. Some people trust in the police and media and say that what they do is right. You seem to be somebody like that since you're taking their word as fact before anything else has come out.

Me on the other hand, I've got a different viewpoint. I realize that there are a lot of reasons that a person can get arrested, including because a cop is having a bad day, but more seriously some famous people get arrested just so that the media can put that blemish on their records. Some women say they got beat up by a famous player so they can get some money. Some cops arrest a kid late at night cause he was DWB. There are a million different reasons why INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE STRATEGICALLY ARRESTED EVERY DAY.

I do not want to put Taylor into this category, but I also say that I'm not going to convict a guy based on what the media tells me, when they're just doing this exact same thing, sometimes on less facts than we have (which are normally very few).

But if you choose to do it, its your choice. But I think an American deserves at least trial before we start calling him names.

Of course he's innocent until proven guilty. That said, maybe if he hadn't repeatedly acted like a punk it would be a little easier to give him the benefit of the doubt. I mean, this isn't James Thrash were talking about.

Originally posted by blakman211

See, this can get me into a whole different thread about that topic. Some people trust in the police and media and say that what they do is right. You seem to be somebody like that since you're taking their word as fact before anything else has come out.

Me on the other hand, I've got a different viewpoint. I realize that there are a lot of reasons that a person can get arrested, including because a cop is having a bad day, but more seriously some famous people get arrested just so that the media can put that blemish on their records. Some women say they got beat up by a famous player so they can get some money. Some cops arrest a kid late at night cause he was DWB. There are a million different reasons why INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE STRATEGICALLY ARRESTED EVERY DAY.

I do not want to put Taylor into this category, but I also say that I'm not going to convict a guy based on what the media tells me, when they're just doing this exact same thing, sometimes on less facts than we have (which are normally very few).

But if you choose to do it, its your choice. But I think an American deserves at least trial before we start calling him names.

I made no declaration of guilt or innocence, I merely took issue with your statement.

Only thing I've found Taylor guilty of is being a punk.

Conspiracy theories aside, I find it ironic that Taylor did (or didn't :rolleyes: ) the exact opposite of what you're proposing. He deemed them guilty and acted upon it. We're not throwing him in jail.

Archived