Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

do you think were on track?

larry29

In your honest opinion, do you think the skins are on track for success. Taking in all the offseason acquisitions via free-agency and the draft, how do you think the skins will fare this year, and the forseeable future?

Having every player but one:doh: working in the off season at Redskin Park is a very good sign were hading down the proper path at this point. It seems that the players have baught into the system, and concepts Gibbs and his staff have presented.

That concept being team unity. The concept that only a team can win a championship, and no one player is bigger then the team.

I fully expect the D to be even better then last season. I base this on our offense, which will be more productive, in turn letting the D catch more of a break and be fresher late in games.

The O line should be fairly stout, with good depth. That alone will give Portis a few hunderd more yards this season. This should also help Ramsey, but how this O produces is squarely on his shoulders. The addition of the shotgun will help him a great deal, and I expect him to have a break out season.

Weeding out the "bad eggs" is also a good sign were heading down the right path, as is not over paying people we sign, or resign them..

So I guess you could put me down as a yes;)

:cheers:

I wanted a few other opinions just to solidify mine. I cannot remember the last time I had this much excitement and optimism headed into training camp. The media is still dissing us pretty bad, but thats to be expected until we prove them otherwise. I can just feel a transformation in the whole team atmosphere and philosophy this year. I cant wait

Agreed. And what's interesting is that most people are focused solely on Sean Taylor & his antics vs. what the team is doing. Taylor is the only guy thatis not in camp & the only thing they want to focus on is the negative. Let 'em. We'll be the sleeper this year. Sweep the Division (and all across the stadium, the crowd started chanting :wewantd: :wewantd: :wewantd: ) & go to the playoffs with Homefield Advantage...yeah, man. I feel it too.

:point2sky :logo:

Stingy defense 1A. Strong ground attack 2. Big athletic offensive line 3. Speedy group of blue-collar, lunch pail-type recievers 4. Dedicated and knowlegeble coaching staff and the faithfull mass of ATV driving and pistol wielding fans that we are,....yeah i would say we are on track...except for one small thing I left out.....WE HAVE PUT OUR SEASON IN THE HANDS OF A GUY NAMED "PATRICK".....PATRICK? man we talking bout PATRICK not the game but PATRICK come on man PATRICK...AT least thats what Allen Iverson told me..PATRICK...COME ON man PATRICK?! :kungfu:

Originally posted by ironmic

Stingy defense 1A. Strong ground attack 2. Big athletic offensive line 3. Speedy group of blue-collar, lunch pail-type recievers 4. Dedicated and knowlegeble coaching staff and the faithfull mass of ATV driving and pistol wielding fans that we are,....yeah i would say we are on track...except for one small thing I left out.....WE HAVE PUT OUR SEASON IN THE HANDS OF A GUY NAMED "PATRICK".....PATRICK? man we talking bout PATRICK not the game but PATRICK come on man PATRICK...AT least thats what Allen Iverson told me..PATRICK...COME ON man PATRICK?! :kungfu:

And one more thing, we broke the streak of lots of hype in the offseason. :point2sky

Yes, we just need to learn not to shoot ourselves in the foot, such as the cap hit from the Coles release that didn't need to happen. A classic example of why this team needs a real GM.

It also wouldn't hurt to stop handing out draft picks like grab bags at a "come hose the Redskins" party. If we're not going to try to INCREASE our number of picks, then can we please hold on to the ones we have? The teams that contend from year to year have a common foundation: they build through the draft first, and they can endure a few busts due to keeping/obtaining a higher quantity of picks.

Certainly its not all doom and gloom. I recognize the team concept being installed and I love that. Playing with one mind and one goal will carry this team to at least a couple extra wins.

Just add in a more cap-conscious front office and a greater emphasis on the draft , two things that a quality GM could bring to the table, and this team will join others that seem to be in the playoff race year after year.

Maybe.

I think the team will eventually get it turned around with Gibbs at the helm but I think it will be a slow process. Even though it was a quiet season as far as aquisitions, there was still alot of turnover. Once he stablizes the roster I think that's when players will start getting comfortable... and that's when the winning starts.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at your post. :doh:

Wow, decaf bro, decaf. :)

:logo:

WE HAVE PUT OUR SEASON IN THE HANDS OF A GUY NAMED "PATRICK

So true. It all comes down to Ramsey and what he can do. He needs to have a Dilfer-like season -- consistency and don't lose games with mistakes.

:logo:

My cup's half full. I worry that Pierce's leadership and gametime playcalling will be missed. Not sure how Harris or Rogers can replace smoot. If Taylor mess goes worst case. That's a 1/4 of the starting d and half the starting secondary being changed... same time we're changing both starting receivers. I think there will be some growing pains at the start of the season. Maybe I just need another coffee this morning or I've got a hangover on past year's Kool-Aid.

I am very very excited about this team and I think this will be a huge up year for us because of 3 facts.

first and formost both sides of the ball will be playing for the first time in a very long time under the same coaching staff.

Second the weak link last year on the offense was the center position and that should improve dramaticaly.

Third we were oh so very close last year to winning a lot of games and penalties (some were some weren't), bad play calling, and stupid INTs/fumbles cost us these games. I just don't see how under Gibbs these stupid mistakes can continue.

I see us making the playoffs and if injuries don't mound up like last year look out.

Archived