Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if??

Sup fella's i'm rather new to this board, Been a SKIN fan since the 84 championship game all i remember was that they played hail to the redskins over and over and i was hooked!!!

anyways got a senario for you: (POSTED THIS ON THE OTHER BOARD WITH JUST 1 REPLY)

Here is hoping this doesnt happen:

But what if Ramsey were to get hurt in the 1st or 2nd game and Gibbs feels that Campbell isnt ready yet and Brunell comes in and throws for 2or 3 touchdowns for the next 3 games and we go 3-0 during that stretch?

1. Do you sit Brunell and bring back Patrick when he is healthy?

2. Or do you ride out the hot hand?

come on regular season!! :cheers:

If this situation did arise, Gibbs would probably stick with Brunell once Ramsey got better (don't break what works) until he really started to stink it up like last year. I don't think he'd wait as long this time, though.

Nick

Originally posted by newskinsowner

anyways got a senario for you: (POSTED THIS ON THE OTHER BOARD WITH JUST 1 REPLY)

I'm confused, where did you post this?

Anyway, I think Ramsey would probably come back in if he had looked good in camp.

Actually, this is a very good question. I'm of the opinion that almost everyone here would tell you they'd go right back to Patrick Ramsey, as they sit on THIS day and look to last season.

I'm calling them all liars before they even post their answers. :)

The fact is, if the Redskins win 3 games in a row with Mark Brunell at QB, these fans won't want to change a THING. I'm not saying that I support Brunell for starter on opening day at all. I'm simply asking you all to search your souls for that answer.

Heck, if Charles Nelson Reilly won 3 consecutive games at QB for the Skins, we'd go into a panic at the thought of benching him.

remember, we only hated Brunell cause he sucked. By sucked, I mean barely got any passing yards in most games, could not convert on 3rd down, and kept throwing to the sideline. Now say with our o-line hopefully healthy and conceivably better, Brunell becomes better, maybe things will change. Either way, I hope Ramsey rides out into a pro-bowl season. But if Brunell is on fire (which is pretty unlikely), then he will keep starting.

dfitzo53: I'm confused, where did you post this?

i posted it on the redskins message board on espn. they need a moderator over there in the worst way.

any way thanks guys for answering my question, hopefully you'll welcome me on board as a new hog.

:point2sky :helmet:

Originally posted by Chachie

Actually, this is a very good question. I'm of the opinion that almost everyone here would tell you they'd go right back to Patrick Ramsey, as they sit on THIS day and look to last season.

I'm calling them all liars before they even post their answers. :)

The fact is, if the Redskins win 3 games in a row with Mark Brunell at QB, these fans won't want to change a THING. I'm not saying that I support Brunell for starter on opening day at all. I'm simply asking you all to search your souls for that answer.

Heck, if Charles Nelson Reilly won 3 consecutive games at QB for the Skins, we'd go into a panic at the thought of benching him.

You are absolutely correct. If we win three in a row there will be talk of playoffs and no one will want to bench Brunell, me included.

I'm one of the few that still think Brunell will have a significant impact on this season. Whether it be helping Ramsey continue to progress reading defenses or he comes in and lights up defenses god forbid Ramsey is hurt.

As far as I'm concerned, if he comes in and wins three in a row and looks like the Brunell of old.... I'm all for riding him as far as he can take us.

dfitzo53: I'm confused, where did you post this?

i posted it on the redskins message board on espn. they need a moderator over there in the worst way.

any way thanks guys for answering my question, hopefully you'll welcome me on board as a new hog.

:point2sky :helmet:

Ah, ok.

What do you think would happen?

Sup fella's i'm rather new to this board, Been a SKIN fan since the 84 championship game all i remember was that they played hail to the redskins over and over and i was hooked!!!

But what if Ramsey were to get hurt in the 1st or 2nd game and Gibbs feels that Campbell isnt ready yet and Brunell comes in and throws for 2or 3 touchdowns for the next 3 games and we go 3-0 during that stretch?

:paranoid:

Did you just say...(whispering)Brunell? :ahhhhh:

You shouldn't say that around here man. Brunell is considered the bad man. :D

You play the players who you believe give you the best chance of winning each game. Gibbs knew Brunell was sucking last year, but he saw that PR was not really playing any better in practice and did poorly in his relief performances. Gibbs didn't think PR gave the team a better chance of winning. Eventually he changed his mind. The same thing would happen this or any other year.

You don't lose your job to an injury, unless it's half-season or more. If you bench Ramsey at that point, it would effectively be the end of his career in Washington, which would be giving him the ultimate shaft, he would be the most promising Redskins young QB who never got a bonafide chance to win.

So much talk of Brunell makes me think of Gibbs stating at the end of last season, that "Brunell will continue to be a big part of this team".

IMO, that leads to the drafting of a QB for Brunell to mentor and the continuing development of a young QB in Ramsey.

Hopefully that is the case. I, like all of us here was rooting for Brunell to succeed, but enough was enough.

Gibbs would stick with Brunell.

Yea I would really have to know how Ramsey was doing before he got hurt. For some reason i think Gibbs would love to see Brunell play (he is so old school.) but if Ramsey was doing well Gibbs would put him back in and see if he keeps it up. If Ramsey starts to play bad he will put Brunell back in for good. I really don’t think Brunell could last a full season because he has a really weak arm. Ramsey has a stronger arm and youth lol

dfitzo53:

Ah, ok.

What do you think would happen?

Me personally the football side would like for PR to get back on the field cause we never seen him play out a full season yet, and would want to see the young dude develop or make some progress.

but my heart would say stick with Brunell to keep us in the playoff race cause normally we are out of it by week 6or7. because you dont risk taking out a player who is performing for a player with potential esp when your winning.

I wont even say what I'd do because, I'd be too shocked if Brunell came in and actually played well at any time. His decline has been steady over the few years and even rest hasn't helped rejuvenate him in the past. He's done, IMO.

Besides that the thought of him on the field makes me a bit nauseas.

Archived