Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SDCC- San Diego Comic Con 2018

88Comrade2000

Next Week:  July 18-July 22 is San Diego Comic Con.  So, like last year;  we can post SDCC related stuff in one thread.

Any news, trailers, panels, etc...

Here's the full schedule:

https://comiccon2018.sched.com/

Here's some of the highlights:

SDCC Highlights

Here's a more easier read, on what's at SDCC 18:

All the TV Panels and Screenings Headed to San Diego Comic-Con 2018

2 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Magic the Gathering 

You mean Magic the Crack. That game was more additive then Tribal Wars & way more expensive. I started around the end of Legends start of Revised or 4th Edition, whichever came after Unlimited. Ended up putting together an almost complete set of Legends, a few select Beta/Unlimited cards like a set of Moxes, a Black Lotus, Timewalk, TimeTwister, Chaos Orb. Nice powerful **** like that. Ran them in a multicolored Millstone deck with 4 clone artifacts in there to clone the Millstones. I won a LOT of cash with that deck. :) 

My wife and I just got back from San Diego yesterday, and they're already gearing up for SDCC.  We noticed that a parking lot has been taken over and they are constructing what looks like a set of some sort with a helicopter on top of a structure and a stage.  This is all to promote the new Jack Ryan series that's going to be on Amazon.

I'll try to link a picture.

By the way, San Diego was awesome.

16 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Anybody going? I like comics, but I'm not big enough on them to go to a con. 

Magic the Gathering puts out a set of promotional cards for the con every year though that are pretty cool. 

All these Cons, have evolved from purely Comic related gatherings to all types of genres.

I go to try to get an actor's autograph and/or a photo with them. Then if I am free, try to catch a Q&A panel.   If you are going to get multiple actors autographs/photos; that will take up most of your time. Waiting in lines.   I then make a the long trek across the convention Hall, to see what's in the various booths.  I like collecting photos of TV shows/actors and there's usually one booth that sells them.  Most of the stuff is comic related but you can find other stuff, nestled in there.

Right now, planning to go to Tampa MegaCon in September.

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

All these Cons, have evolved from purely Comic related gatherings to all types of genres.

I go to try to get an actor's autograph and/or a photo with them. Then if I am free, try to catch a Q&A panel.   If you are going to get multiple actors autographs/photos; that will take up most of your time. Waiting in lines.   I then make a the long trek across the convention Hall, to see what's in the various booths.  I like collecting photos of TV shows/actors and there's usually one booth that sells them.  Most of the stuff is comic related but you can find other stuff, nestled in there.

Right now, planning to go to Tampa MegaCon in September.

Totally fair. I wasn't really accurate in my statement. 

With two kids and having just returned from a trip to the west coast for a wedding, another flight out to San Diego for a con wasn't in the cards. I went to GenCon last year for the 50th one. 

@TK Still have your old cards? You should take a look at what those moxen are worth these days. 

I’ve been going to a bunch of small to mid sized comic cons since my books came out. They’re a blast.

It might be fun to go to San Diego one day, but I’m way too small a fish. I’d get swallowed up. It’d be like the tragedy-version of Finding Nemo. 

8 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Totally fair. I wasn't really accurate in my statement. 

With two kids and having just returned from a trip to the west coast for a wedding, another flight out to San Diego for a con wasn't in the cards. I went to GenCon last year for the 50th one. 

@TK Still have your old cards? You should take a look at what those moxen are worth these days. 

Sold some of them on eBay a few years back. 

On 7/12/2018 at 10:39 PM, TK said:

You mean Magic the Crack. That game was more additive then Tribal Wars & way more expensive. I started around the end of Legends start of Revised or 4th Edition, whichever came after Unlimited. Ended up putting together an almost complete set of Legends, a few select Beta/Unlimited cards like a set of Moxes, a Black Lotus, Timewalk, TimeTwister, Chaos Orb. Nice powerful **** like that. Ran them in a multicolored Millstone deck with 4 clone artifacts in there to clone the Millstones. I won a LOT of cash with that deck. :) 

You may already know this, but the creator was trying to sell his game ‘Robo Rally” (fun game, BTW) and the company was like “eh, you have anything else?”  So he cold pitched Magic the Gathering on the spot and the rest is history.  

2 hours ago, skinny21 said:

You may already know this, but the creator was trying to sell his game ‘Robo Rally” (fun game, BTW) and the company was like “eh, you have anything else?”  So he cold pitched Magic the Gathering on the spot and the rest is history.  

Sort of. Peter Adkinson (CEO of Wizards at the time) said they didn't have the means to produce a full board game with plastic miniatures and tokens. At the time they were a really small company releasing RPG books. 

What Peter Adkinson did have was a relationship with a printer and connections with some local artists and art students, so he told Richard Garfield that what he really needed was an illustrated card game. Garfield had already been toying with the idea of a trading card game, and he told Adkinson about it. It isn't like he literally invented the idea on the spot when Robo Rally was rejected. 

It is interesting that Garfield had to go to a different company to get Robo Rally published initially, but now Wizards owns the rights to the game anyway. 

3 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Sort of. Peter Adkinson (CEO of Wizards at the time) said they didn't have the means to produce a full board game with plastic miniatures and tokens. At the time they were a really small company releasing RPG books. 

What Peter Adkinson did have was a relationship with a printer and connections with some local artists and art students, so he told Richard Garfield that what he really needed was an illustrated card game. Garfield had already been toying with the idea of a trading card game, and he told Adkinson about it. It isn't like he literally invented the idea on the spot when Robo Rally was rejected. 

It is interesting that Garfield had to go to a different company to get Robo Rally published initially, but now Wizards owns the rights to the game anyway. 

First off, this is 3rd hand, so I could well be wrong. Secondly, I was not clear (my bad) - didn’t mean he invented it on the spot, meant he pulled the game out of his bag/case and showed them what he had instead of RR.  

Some of the panels from today are online.  I'd hate that they split these things into parts.  When I find the full panel, will put those online but now; here's some panels.

FULL Comic-Con Panel | Doctor Who

Breaking Bad 10th Anniversary Panel

Breaking Bad Comic Con 10th Anniversary Panel - Fan Q&A | SDCC 2018

Better Call Saul Season Four Comic Con Fan Questions

THE PREDATOR Comic Con Hall H Panel Q&A (SDCC 2018)

6 hours ago, skinny21 said:

First off, this is 3rd hand, so I could well be wrong. Secondly, I was not clear (my bad) - didn’t mean he invented it on the spot, meant he pulled the game out of his bag/case and showed them what he had instead of RR.  

You have a 3rd hand? ?

Just kidding. I probably came on a little too strong anyway, I just saw a chance to add some detail to the story. I hadn't heard he had a prototype of the game (Magic) with him. Would've been smart to though. 

Star Trek Discovery Season Two Comic Con Panel

Bumblebee Comic Con Panel 

Halloween Comic Con Fan Q&A Panel | SDCC 2018

SPIDER-MAN INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE Comic Con Panel

Today is all the panels for the CW "DC" shows; so they should be up tomorrow. 

Comic-Con 2018 Official Trailer: THE ORVILLE | Season 2

THE FLASH Season 5 Comic Con Trailer

SUPERGIRL Season 4 Comic Con Trailer

BLACK LIGHTNING Season 2 Comic Con Trailer

When one comes available, will post it.  The one they have now- is just a Season 1 highlight reel.

Arrow Season 7 Trailer

DC's Legends Of Tomorrow - Official Comic-Con Season 4 Trailer

Archived