Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Where is everyone watching the game (besides being AT the game)?

At my dads near Queenstown it's only on the big ten network, which he apparently doesn't subscribe to.

Strangely, he doesn't get the HD channel, but the non HD channel is currently coming in.

Wacky

Hope I don't have to subscribe to btn just to watch my terps at my place.

Edited by grego

Two notables not playing today for Maryland: Starting ILB Cole Farrand (lower leg) and starting OLB Yannik Cudjoe-Virgil (foot)

Should be noted that Farrand is in uniform, but would only play if needed. Expect to see true freshman Jesse Aniebonam get reps today.

Reserve safety Denzel Conyers is in street clothes. Depth is an issue at safety, especially with A.J. Hendy suspended now

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Went to the game today.  Took my wife, 2 daughters (10, 18) and older daughter's boy friend.

Great time.  Tailgated in lot for an hour or so, just really hot.  Got nice seats in lower level, right at corner of End Zone where Terps scored in 1st/3rd quarters.  Saw almost all of the scoring right there.

Great turnout for a JMU type game.  Students in full voice and full (for 1st half).  I know with score out of reach, lots left at halftime.  Hope that changes when games get better.

Team looks good and hopeful for rest of season.

Where is everyone watching the game (besides being AT the game)?

At my dads near Queenstown it's only on the big ten network, which he apparently doesn't subscribe to.

Strangely, he doesn't get the HD channel, but the non HD channel is currently coming in.

Wacky

Hope I don't have to subscribe to btn just to watch my terps at my place.

I downloaded the B1G to go app. I was watching it on my phone today. I have DirecTV, so that allows me to watch the games.

:( Big disappointment. I was looking forward to watching this kid play.

The strength of the team (WRs) is slowing being whittled down.

Nigel King (Just transfered), Levern Jacobs (Suspended for the season) and now his brother Taivon (Out for the season with an injury).

Taivon Jacobs will miss the remainder of the season due to knee injury on Saturday vs James Madison.

:( Big disappointment. I was looking forward to watching this kid play.

The strength of the team (WRs) is slowing being whittled down.

Nigel King (Just transfered), Levern Jacobs (Suspended for the season) and now his brother Taivon (Out for the season with an injury).

Taivon Jacobs will miss the remainder of the season due to knee injury on Saturday vs James Madison.

Thankfully the depth at WR is ridiculous. But I am disappointed about Jacobs being hurt. I heard such great things about him. It just seems that every year more and more key players for MD get hurt.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2014/9/2/6097481/will-ulmer-maryland-football-position-wide-receiver

Maryland football: True freshman QB Will Ulmer moving to WR

True freshman Will Ulmer, one of Maryland's top signees in the 2014 class, will move from quarterback to wide receiver. Head coach Randy Edsall announced the move at his weekly media availability Tuesday.

Previously, Edsall said Ulmer would stay at quarterback until "he comes to me and tells me he doesn't want to be a quarterback." Called by some as the fastest player on Maryland's roster, many analysts predicted Ulmer would be better suited for a skill position in college, due to his speed and troubles with his throwing motion. With Maryland's recent departures at the wide receiver position, the move makes a whole lot of sense.

This does not necessarily mean Ulmer will see playing time this season, but it certainly improves his chances. Maryland still has a full two-deep at receiver, with an excellent starting corps of Stefon Diggs, Deon Long and Marcus Leak backed up by Jacquille Veii, Amba Etta-Tawo and Malcolm Culmer -- all of whom have seen significant game action. Ulmer and fellow highly-touted true freshman Juwann Winfree stand right behind that group, and could see time if Maryland decides they need that extra depth.

Edsall said Taivon Jacobs' injury was to the same knee he had a torn ACL during his senior year of high school

Matt Zenitz @mzenitz

Not surprisingly, Edsall said the Terps plan to apply for a medical redshirt for Taivon Jacobs

Randy Edsall said freshman Will Ulmer has been moved from quarterback to wide receiver

Like Ulmer moving to WR. Ulmer is going to be raw and probably won't contribute immediately but is one of the fastest players on the team

The #Terps have their first 2016 football commit: DeMatha running back Lorenzo Harrison:

Harrison isn't the highest rated commit for #UMD but he is as connected to local talent as Diggs or Prince. Important get for the #Terps

With a good season and that type of connection, #Terps recruiting could really take off

Matt Zenitz

Maryland has had trouble landed kids from Dematha, so Harrison is a good get for the Terps

Matt Zenitz @mzenitz

· The last kid to sign with Maryland from DeMatha was Pete DeSouza in 2009. Harrison is the first commit since Randy Edsall took over in '11

Matt Zenitz @mzenitz · Just talked to DeMatha coach Elijah Brooks, who said Lorenzo Harrison plans to be aggressive in recruiting other top local guys to Maryland