Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

North Carolina Redskins fans, we need your help! (TV coverage)

McSkin30

First, mods, if this should be in ATN or the Tailgate, I'm sorry and please relocate as needed.

Attention Triangle area Skins fans! Though we are technically a secondary market to DC (subject to blackout restrictions), we usually get the Skins broadcast as long as it does not conflict with the Panthers. Unfortunately, Fox 50 seems to be kowtowing to all of the yankees that have moved down to Apex and Cary, as they're slated to show the NY-SF game. I've already started bombarding Fox 50 with calls and emails, but the more the merrier...

The number to Fox 50 is 919-595-5050.

You can also contact them via their website: http://www.fox50.com/about/contact

We have successfully gotten them to change in the past. We can do it again. HAIL!

I just sent an email to Fox Charlotte asking who keeps deciding to air everything EXCEPT Redskins games in this market!! Last weekend instead of the Skins game, we got soccer. Yes, soccer before NFL. WTF? A few years ago the Skins games would always be aired here unless directly conflicting with Panthers games. Now, there's no Skins games broadcast unless it's a night game. What are they smoking? Dont they realize that their ad revenue is being killed by showing friggin SOCCER instead of a Redskins game???

Go to Wal-Mart, buy a long range hi-def antenna. I live in Summerfireld and get Fox and Cbs outta Virginia. If it doesnt work return it. I always have a backup plan when it comes to my skins.

Summerfield is a little closer than the triangle...I don't know if that would matter.

How much is one of these antennas and how do you run it to the TV?

NC IS Redskins country - the stupid networks have just forgotten that or don't care. I can't get satellite, but I do the Sunday Ticket Online thing and other than a little time lag, works great for me.

Yep. I still won't watch a Panthers' game unless they're playing the Skins. Why they ever play other games on Fox and CBS when the Skins are playing -- what was it last week? Giants Brownies. I know CBS had the double-header and Fox the single, so we were out of luck, but...

This always brings me back to the question, "Why didn't they put the AFC team in Charlotte?" We coulda kept both. (I realize that sorta answers my own question, but come on...) Nobody plays or has played the Jags in the Carolinas, which puts CBS at a serious disadvantage in these markets.

Giants- 49ers is one of the best games of the week. Our game is not attractive outside the respective home markets. I guess I dont understand your anger.

The point is that the Skins were the home team in the Carolinas before the Panthers came along. It is a [secondary] home market. Guessing you're under 30. ;)

Giants- 49ers is one of the best games of the week. Our game is not attractive outside the respective home markets. I guess I dont understand your anger.

You don't understand why fans are angry that they cannot see their favorite team, when they are use to seeing them each week???

I sent an email to help you guys out.

I live in Greensboro, NC and also they will be showing Giants-9ers. I don't understand why NC isn't considered redskins tv range? Must be time to move...

You have NO idea! Anyway, I'm here to help OP. I'm tired of streaming games on the internet :(

---------- Post added October-12th-2012 at 10:17 PM ----------

The point is that the Skins were the home team in the Carolinas before the Panthers came along.

THANK you!!!!

It's weird, here on the Outer Banks, they're not showing Panthers games at all this season(the used to, as long as THEY didn't conflict with Skins), but Skins are always still on no matter what. Kind of the opposite of OP actually.

I live in Greensboro, NC and also they will be showing Giants-9ers. I don't understand why NC isn't considered redskins tv range? Must be time to move...

Yeah, I was pissed when I saw that crap on my epg for Greensboro, NC but I have alternatives to get me through

Fox 18 in Charlotte has made me hate the panthers as much as the other NFC east teams. I wish I could get locals from Va or Tenn. as I am close to the state lines of each. People laugh when I tell them how much I hate the panthers while living in NC. Growing up in NC and watching Skins games all the time I really wish the panthers were an AFC team. HTTR!

Summerfield is a little closer than the triangle...I don't know if that would matter.

How much is one of these antennas and how do you run it to the TV?

49 bucks for an indoor setup. Easy hookup and the antenna is flat and bout the size of a notebook. You are right about reception though but its worth a try.

I go uptown to Champions Bar and Grill across from Hooters. Been going there for 5 years so they always have my Skins set up exactly where i want. lol

Ahhh, I'll have to check that out. This season, my family has been going to the Kickstand (where they had the Rally last year). They have a Redskins room as well as many tables each with their own TV out oin the bar area. Its been nice so far, good folks!

Come on out sometime and introduce yourself!

This is the FB group that has been there regularly..

http://www.facebook.com/CharlotteRedskinsFans?fref=ts

You don't understand why fans are angry that they cannot see their favorite team, when they are use to seeing them each week???

I'll do the same.

Blows my mind how many people respond "go to a bar" or "get Sunday ticket" - no way, really, you can get Sunday ticket? You can go to a bar? Wow, I'm sure the OP really benefitted from such great suggestions. Come on folks.

Thanks a lot! Like I said in the OP, this happened once before and they changed it. To the best of my knowledge, eastern NC (east of 95) is still considered a primary market. Central NC is now a secondary market thanks to the Panthers. Thus, in instances where coverages didn't conflict, 99% of games were shown.

I may try that long range antenna idea, but I don't pay for cable/satellite since the Skins are really the only TV I have to watch.

To the best of my knowledge, eastern NC (east of 95) is still considered a primary market. .

Nooo. I live in eastern NC and I haven't watched a game on TV yet this year. When the Panthers are playing that is what we're seeing and if they are not playing we either get another game or no game at all.

Archived