On Now
Coming Up
  • Tue., Mar. 18, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• DATE: December 3, 2013
    • TIME:  5:30 PM 

• Wed., Mar. 19, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Redskins Nation is a half-hour show devoted to giving fans unfiltered access to the day's events at Redskins Park. Hosted by Larry Michael, the show features Redskins players, coaches and sit-down interviews with team officials. (Show re-airs at 11:30 p.m/7:30 a.m. daily)

• Thu., Mar. 20, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Mar. 21, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Mar. 24, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Tue., Mar. 25, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Wed., Mar. 26, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Thu., Mar. 27, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Fri., Mar. 28, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

• Mon., Mar. 31, 2014 5:30PM - 6:00PM EDT Redskins Nation

Photo
- - - - -

North Carolina Redskins fans, we need your help! (TV coverage)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
44 replies to this topic

#1 McSkin30

McSkin30

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

First, mods, if this should be in ATN or the Tailgate, I'm sorry and please relocate as needed.

Attention Triangle area Skins fans! Though we are technically a secondary market to DC (subject to blackout restrictions), we usually get the Skins broadcast as long as it does not conflict with the Panthers. Unfortunately, Fox 50 seems to be kowtowing to all of the yankees that have moved down to Apex and Cary, as they're slated to show the NY-SF game. I've already started bombarding Fox 50 with calls and emails, but the more the merrier...

The number to Fox 50 is 919-595-5050.
You can also contact them via their website: http://www.fox50.com/about/contact

We have successfully gotten them to change in the past. We can do it again. HAIL!

#2 skinsfan07

skinsfan07

The Bruiser

• Banned
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

Just watch the game at a sports bar. lol I always do. But then again, I live in Charlotte.

#3 Bozman777

Bozman777

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

Go to Wal-Mart, buy a long range hi-def antenna. I live in Summerfireld and get Fox and Cbs outta Virginia. If it doesnt work return it. I always have a backup plan when it comes to my skins.

Edited by Bozman777, 12 October 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#4 SnyderShrugged

SnyderShrugged

The Cover Corner

• Banned
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:53 PM

Just watch the game at a sports bar. lol I always do. But then again, I live in Charlotte.

Kickstand?

#5 skinsfan07

skinsfan07

The Bruiser

• Banned
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

Kickstand?

I go uptown to Champions Bar and Grill across from Hooters. Been going there for 5 years so they always have my Skins set up exactly where i want. lol

#6 devil421

devil421

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

I just sent an email to Fox Charlotte asking who keeps deciding to air everything EXCEPT Redskins games in this market!! Last weekend instead of the Skins game, we got soccer. Yes, soccer before NFL. WTF? A few years ago the Skins games would always be aired here unless directly conflicting with Panthers games. Now, there's no Skins games broadcast unless it's a night game. What are they smoking? Dont they realize that their ad revenue is being killed by showing friggin SOCCER instead of a Redskins game???

#7 McSkin30

McSkin30

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

Last week it was a broadcast rights issue since CBS had the doubleheader. This time, it's a marketing choice. I have alternatives but then I can't cook.

#8 littlehunch

littlehunch

The Waterboy

• Banned
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Giants- 49ers is one of the best games of the week. Our game is not attractive outside the respective home markets. I guess I dont understand your anger.

#9 dballer

dballer

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Go to Wal-Mart, buy a long range hi-def antenna. I live in Summerfireld and get Fox and Cbs outta Virginia. If it doesnt work return it. I always have a backup plan when it comes to my skins.

Summerfield is a little closer than the triangle...I don't know if that would matter.

How much is one of these antennas and how do you run it to the TV?

#10 skinsfan4life7

skinsfan4life7

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:28 PM

I live in Greensboro, NC and also they will be showing Giants-9ers. I don't understand why NC isn't considered redskins tv range? Must be time to move...

#11 Dont Taze Me Bro

Dont Taze Me Bro

The Role Player

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Direct TV.......NFL Sunday Ticket..........if you have been a member for a while then you can get it for $99. Get every Skins game, no worries. If you can't/dont have a satellite, sports bar it up.

#12 Tarhog

Tarhog

Ring of Fame

• Members
  • 13,634 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

NC IS Redskins country - the stupid networks have just forgotten that or don't care. I can't get satellite, but I do the Sunday Ticket Online thing and other than a little time lag, works great for me.

#13 Gallen5862

Gallen5862

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 07:24 PM

In Wilmington,NC we are scheduled to get the Redskins game.

#14 worstSeat

worstSeat

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:05 PM

NC IS Redskins country - the stupid networks have just forgotten that or don't care. I can't get satellite, but I do the Sunday Ticket Online thing and other than a little time lag, works great for me.

Yep. I still won't watch a Panthers' game unless they're playing the Skins. Why they ever play other games on Fox and CBS when the Skins are playing -- what was it last week? Giants Brownies. I know CBS had the double-header and Fox the single, so we were out of luck, but...

This always brings me back to the question, "Why didn't they put the AFC team in Charlotte?" We coulda kept both. (I realize that sorta answers my own question, but come on...) Nobody plays or has played the Jags in the Carolinas, which puts CBS at a serious disadvantage in these markets.

Edited by worstSeat, 12 October 2012 - 08:07 PM.

#15 worstSeat

worstSeat

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

Giants- 49ers is one of the best games of the week. Our game is not attractive outside the respective home markets. I guess I dont understand your anger.

The point is that the Skins were the home team in the Carolinas before the Panthers came along. It is a [secondary] home market. Guessing you're under 30. ;)

Edited by worstSeat, 12 October 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#16 beachboy757

beachboy757

The Field Goal Team

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

You don't understand why fans are angry that they cannot see their favorite team, when they are use to seeing them each week???

I sent an email to help you guys out.

#17 brandymac27

brandymac27

The Bruiser

• Members
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

I live in Greensboro, NC and also they will be showing Giants-9ers. I don't understand why NC isn't considered redskins tv range? Must be time to move...

You have NO idea! Anyway, I'm here to help OP. I'm tired of streaming games on the internet :(

---------- Post added October-12th-2012 at 10:17 PM ----------

The point is that the Skins were the home team in the Carolinas before the Panthers came along.

THANK you!!!!

#18 Dirt

Dirt

The Starter

• Members
  • 2,985 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

It's weird, here on the Outer Banks, they're not showing Panthers games at all this season(the used to, as long as THEY didn't conflict with Skins), but Skins are always still on no matter what. Kind of the opposite of OP actually.

#19 Skins3000

Skins3000

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:39 PM

Yeah, I was pissed when I saw that crap on my epg for Greensboro, NC but I have alternatives to get me through

#20 ArtMonkwastheman

ArtMonkwastheman

The Waterboy

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Fox 18 in Charlotte has made me hate the panthers as much as the other NFC east teams. I wish I could get locals from Va or Tenn. as I am close to the state lines of each. People laugh when I tell them how much I hate the panthers while living in NC. Growing up in NC and watching Skins games all the time I really wish the panthers were an AFC team. HTTR!

Edited by ArtMonkwastheman, 12 October 2012 - 11:03 PM.

#21 Bozman777

Bozman777

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Summerfield is a little closer than the triangle...I don't know if that would matter.

How much is one of these antennas and how do you run it to the TV?

49 bucks for an indoor setup. Easy hookup and the antenna is flat and bout the size of a notebook. You are right about reception though but its worth a try.

#22 SnyderShrugged

SnyderShrugged

The Cover Corner

• Banned
  • 5,110 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

I go uptown to Champions Bar and Grill across from Hooters. Been going there for 5 years so they always have my Skins set up exactly where i want. lol

Ahhh, I'll have to check that out. This season, my family has been going to the Kickstand (where they had the Rally last year). They have a Redskins room as well as many tables each with their own TV out oin the bar area. Its been nice so far, good folks!

Come on out sometime and introduce yourself!

This is the FB group that has been there regularly..

http://www.facebook....insFans?fref=ts

#23 da#1skinsfan

da#1skinsfan

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,997 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:59 AM

You don't understand why fans are angry that they cannot see their favorite team, when they are use to seeing them each week???

I'll do the same.

Blows my mind how many people respond "go to a bar" or "get Sunday ticket" - no way, really, you can get Sunday ticket? You can go to a bar? Wow, I'm sure the OP really benefitted from such great suggestions. Come on folks.

#24 McSkin30

McSkin30

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:01 AM

Thanks a lot! Like I said in the OP, this happened once before and they changed it. To the best of my knowledge, eastern NC (east of 95) is still considered a primary market. Central NC is now a secondary market thanks to the Panthers. Thus, in instances where coverages didn't conflict, 99% of games were shown.

I may try that long range antenna idea, but I don't pay for cable/satellite since the Skins are really the only TV I have to watch.

#25 70th Week

70th Week

The Role Player

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

To the best of my knowledge, eastern NC (east of 95) is still considered a primary market. .

Nooo. I live in eastern NC and I haven't watched a game on TV yet this year. When the Panthers are playing that is what we're seeing and if they are not playing we either get another game or no game at all.

#26 BrandonJ83

BrandonJ83

The Benchwarmer

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

I got sick of this issue and got the Sunday ticket starting about 4 years ago. When they are to a point where they show anybody in the NFC south over the Skins', then its like fighting a losing battle.

#27 Dont Taze Me Bro

Dont Taze Me Bro

The Role Player

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

The point is that the Skins were the home team in the Carolinas before the Panthers came along. It is a [secondary] home market. Guessing you're under 30. ;)

It doesn't matter what we think about the Panthers. The fact is they are the home team now for the Carolinas as far as television rights go. It's absurd to complain that the Panthers get televised over the Redskins throughout most of the state of NC and SC. They don't air the Panthers game, they will never increase the fan base which could possibly lead to even less season ticket holders and force the Panthers into a situation like Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Miami, Buffalo where they are thinking about relocation.

See Bobcats, Charlotte - they did it wrong the first year by only allowing something like 5-6 games to be televised on stations that everyone could have access to on cable/satellite and tried to force that C-Set ****ing channel down your throats to watch 90% of their games, which was only available through Time Warner Cable who also had ties to the arena. Horrible marketing = pissed off fans/no interest = less revenue = problems for keeping a team around.

I'm not a Panthers fan, but I like the home team to succeed for the most part (yes some fans are unbearable if they are winning) because I like the opportunity to drive 20 mins to see professional football live. That is an experience I would like to keep around.

#28 worstSeat

worstSeat

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:53 AM

It doesn't matter what we think about the Panthers. The fact is they are the home team now for the Carolinas as far as television rights go. It's absurd to complain that the Panthers get televised over the Redskins throughout most of the state of NC and SC.

That's not what's being argued. Read through the thread again. If there's no Panthers game, the Skins should take precedence in NC/SC over the national game b/c the Carolinas remain a secondary Skins market (by virtue of originally being a Skins primary market). In the OP, they're not showing the Panthers; they're showing Giants-49ers. :puke:

Make sense? If the Panthers are on at 1, every 4pm Skins games should be on Fox's doubleheader and vice versa. Same if Panthers are on Fox and Skins CBS and vice versa.

Agree totally on Bobcats. Why they don't put a crappy team on OTA to build a fan base, I don't know.

Edited by worstSeat, 13 October 2012 - 09:01 AM.

#29 skinsfan07

skinsfan07

The Bruiser

• Banned
  • 6,764 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

Ahhh, I'll have to check that out. This season, my family has been going to the Kickstand (where they had the Rally last year). They have a Redskins room as well as many tables each with their own TV out oin the bar area. Its been nice so far, good folks!

Come on out sometime and introduce yourself!

This is the FB group that has been there regularly..

http://www.facebook....insFans?fref=ts

Cool! Thanks! I'll def try and get up there at some point this season! Always good to meet some fellow fans in the QC!

#30 Dont Taze Me Bro

Dont Taze Me Bro

The Role Player

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:06 AM

That's not what's being argued. Read through the thread again. If there's no Panthers game, the Skins should take precedence in NC/SC over the national game b/c the Carolinas remain a secondary Skins market (by virtue of originally being a Skins primary market). In the OP, they're not showing the Panthers; they're showing Giants-49ers. :puke:

Make sense? If the Panthers are on at 1, every 4pm Skins games should be on Fox's doubleheader and vice versa. Same if Panthers are on Fox and Skins CBS and vice versa.

Agree totally on Bobcats. Why they don't put a crappy team on OTA to build a fan base, I don't know.

I dont think they care about secondary markets, they care about the better game which would be the Giants/49ers, we have done nothing in 20 years to deserve being shown over last years rematch of the NFC Championship game, we just haven't. Typically, we are shown in those cases, but the network is going to show any rematch like this over a Skins team that is 2-3 playing the lucky Vikings.

I agree with y'all, it sucks, but its reality. Also, I have NFL Ticket, so honestly, its better for me for them not to show it cause Im paying for the games and if it is shown on local TV, Im paying for a game I get for free. :)

And im with you on the Bobcats, horrible marketing/planning on a new team. Especially for a city/area that had just been burned by the Hornets owner over a new arena. Then the city screws the taxpayers that voted against a new arena and builds a new areana and the owner tries to force people to come to the games by implementing that idiotic channel or forcing them to pay for that channel. Not the way to energize and reacquire an already pissed off fan base. Then Jordan comes in and makes horrible choices and spends no money. Finally, came to his senses and hired a good GM that can turn things around.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro, 13 October 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#31 War Paint

War Paint

The Free Agent

• Members
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:43 AM

A couple of weeks ago they were going to show the Packers and Saints game, but they changed it to the Skins game a day or two before game day.

I can't stand the Panthers. I wish Richardson would sell the team or move them to L.A. The only people in the Carolinas who are fans of the Panthers live mostly in Charlotte. Any fans outside of Charlotte aren't really devoted fans. Most of them were Redskin fans growing up.

Edited by War Paint, 13 October 2012 - 09:48 AM.

#32 skinsforlife101

skinsforlife101

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,193 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

I agree with you. The same thing happens in PA with WYOU 22. If the Steelers are showing at 1:00pm on CBS and the Jets are showing at 4:00 on CBS. WYOU will air the Jets game even if the game of the century is showing at the same time and WYOU is not even a secondary market for the Jets.

#33 The Slamming Butcher

The Slamming Butcher

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:08 AM

A couple of weeks ago they were going to show the Packers and Saints game, but they changed it to the Skins game a day or two before game day.

I can't stand the Panthers. I wish Richardson would sell the team or move them to L.A. The only people in the Carolinas who are fans of the Panthers live mostly in Charlotte. Any fans outside of Charlotte aren't really devoted fans. Most of them were Redskin fans growing up.

This.

I live about 10 miles north of Raleigh, and I can count the number of Panther fans that I personally know on one hand. Most folks here that are 30 or older are Redskin fans.

#34 brandymac27

brandymac27

The Bruiser

• Members
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 11:26 AM

Nooo. I live in eastern NC and I haven't watched a game on TV yet this year. When the Panthers are playing that is what we're seeing and if they are not playing we either get another game or no game at all.

I'm in eastern NC (Wilson) and I-95 runs right through here. I've been able to watch 2 games on cable so far this season, other than that I have to watch online. Wilson is right in between Raleigh and Greenville, so I'm not really sure what "market" we fall into here. It's really odd how places like the Triangle, Greensboro, etc don't get the games on TV that I've been able to watch. My sister lives in Greensboro and she RARELY gets to watch a game on TV unless it's a Thurs, Sun, or Mon night game. Unfortunately though, it looks like I won't get to watch tomorrow's game either unless I watch on the internet....again.

#35 70th Week

70th Week

The Role Player

• Members
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:15 PM

I'm in eastern NC (Wilson) and I-95 runs right through here. I've been able to watch 2 games on cable so far this season, other than that I have to watch online. Wilson is right in between Raleigh and Greenville, so I'm not really sure what "market" we fall into here. It's really odd how places like the Triangle, Greensboro, etc don't get the games on TV that I've been able to watch. My sister lives in Greensboro and she RARELY gets to watch a game on TV unless it's a Thurs, Sun, or Mon night game. Unfortunately though, it looks like I won't get to watch tomorrow's game either unless I watch on the internet....again.

I am about two hours below you just south of Fayetteville and I get the Wilmington and Myrtle Beach Fox stations and come to think of it I have watched one Skin game on TV. There have been times when the Panthers weren't playing and Fox either played a Flacon game, Cowboy game or no game at all....I'm like you I watch them on-line and hook my computer up to the TV. The quality sux but I'm watching!

#36 worstSeat

worstSeat

The Dirtbags

• Members
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

On the506.com, the game switched from the Skins to Giants/49ers in Greenville, NC. Going the wrong way.

Here's the current map. It's like looking at an endangered species progression map at the zoo. Looks like the range of viable pockets of Skins fans is dwindling to the Florence/Myrtle/Wilmington area.

Posted Image

#37 Skins3000

Skins3000

The Rookie

• Members
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:20 PM

49 bucks for an indoor setup. Easy hookup and the antenna is flat and bout the size of a notebook. You are right about reception though but its worth a try.

Did you have any success with this setup? I live in greensboro also by the way.

#38 skinsfan4life7

skinsfan4life7

The Special Teams Ace

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

I live in Greensboro and have had 3 of the 5 games on TV so far this year. Only ATL and St. Louis I had to go to a bar for. But unfortunately this week it's not on tv here.

#39 brandymac27

brandymac27

The Bruiser

• Members
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

I live in Greensboro and have had 3 of the 5 games on TV so far this year. Only ATL and St. Louis I had to go to a bar for. But unfortunately this week it's not on tv here.

She didn't get the Rams, ATL, OR the Buc's game?????

#40 Zazzaro703

Zazzaro703

The Gadget Play

• Members
  • 3,536 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Same here in Tahoe, been going to the same bar and am automatically awarded *Redskins Corner* complete with volume. I'd rec. anyone that is out of the DC area go out to the local sports bar at least once to check out the scene. Being able to talk to all sorts of different fans from different places and knowing them season in and season out is great times. I was greatly opposed to the thought of it at first too, glad I gave it a chance.