Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OT....given the tenor of threads on this board...

fansince62

I am an independent.

Quite frankly, I thought during the 1990's BOTH parties fell asleep at the wheel, preening over the rosy economic picture, and allowing time to waste on important issues that no one wanted to address for fear of having to roll up the sleeves and do some real work. :)

So, only now are we getting around to issues such as Islamic fundamentalist violence directed at Americans, which has been going on abroad since the end of the Gulf War.

Bin Laden declared war on the US in 1995 and no one took him seriously.

Khobar Towers? Embassy bombings in Kenya? Even as recent as the USS Cole. The evidence was there but no one wanted to look at it.

Meanwhile, all attention was focused on how good we felt at home, about the peace dividend, and how we didn't need a military anymore.

The internet was going to bring people together and economics was going to become the new coin of power so to speak.

Problems in Russia? Give 'em a loan. Problems in Brazil or Thailand? Give 'em a loan.

Hey, the Dow is hitting 10,000 and the NASDAQ 4,500, what me worry? :doh:

Should Liberals be allowed to have children?

Tough question...I'm gonna have to say no, because we all have to give up some of our civil liberties in the post 9/11 era...conservatives will give their lives to the country, and liberals will forfeit the right to have children. Sounds fair.

I'm with you, Henry. How long til training camp.

Seriously guys, you got me thinking about the eugenics movement now. Did you know that US practiced eugenics well into the '70's.

For the record, if the liberals stop having kids and the conservatives give up their lives for the country... I just don't think the McGlouglin Group would survive.

Originally posted by OrangeSkin

Tough question...I'm gonna have to say no, because we all have to give up some of our civil liberties in the post 9/11 era...conservatives will give their lives to the country, and liberals will forfeit the right to have children. Sounds fair.

Anyone who would consider giving up civil liberties(especially given the current government) are the ones who should not be allowed to have children.

Kilmer,

It seems you should ask your conservative friends that question. I have said I'm not in favor of giving up any of my liberties, including the second amendment.

What about you? Which liberties are you willing to give up in the name of the war on terror?

BTW Most people who end up being ditch diggers are surely republicans. They are real good at tag but not too good reading.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

GASP!!!! We agree on something?????

WTF!!!!

Im not giving up any of my freedoms either. What am in favor of, is taking away the freedoms that non citizens enjoy currently.

See the difference?

Sure. Isn't Padilla a citizen though? Besides we have always agreed on one important thing, the Redskins!

Originally posted by The Evil Genius

Don't you know - Padilla lost his rights when he took (well... planned to take - hey wait is this Minority Report?) up Arms against the country.

It's in the constitution you know.

Just kidding about the minority report thing :D

The Constitution also says a court will decide if he has taken up arms unless he is captured in the area of action. Now because the government has decided the war is everywhere I guess Chicago is the arena. Don't get me wrong I think the guy is probably guilty but we should all be concerned when the governement takes a US citizen and makes him "vanish" without giving him due process.

The point is who proved Padilla took up arms against the country? Is "because Dumya said so" good enough for you?

Liberals will be in the world for a long time lezzies in England have a sperm bank designed only for them thanks to some hispanic dude and its gonna catch on in LA.

Saw this sick junk when surfing the channels and found some talk show on fox 5 good day somethin

Can you imagine if we had minority report technology?

Not only would terrorism and crime be on the endagnered list here you could apply it in other areas.

Sorry sir but if you get with this chick she'll bear a carpet muncher or butt pirate I'm afraid we have to clip you and tie her tubes.

Sorry Abe but keeping Wes means 10 more years of futility I'm afraid we alread handed him his pink slip.

Sorry ASF but your 2005 Huyndai Excel is a safety hazard and you aren't helping the nations economy by being cheap not buying more gas so from now on you will drive a gas guzzling SUV known as the 2005 SUX :rolleyes:

In a study conducted by the U.S. Dept. of Human and Health Services it was documented that Republicans give birth to males at a rate of 106 for every 100 females born. Male Republicans married to female Democrats produced a slightly lower ratio of males to females (104 / 100). Female Republicans whose offspring were produced by male Democrats showed basically the same ratio as couples who were both Republicans. Couples who were both Democratics produced females slightly more often (100.9 / 100) than males.

A spokesperson for Human & Health Services, who requested anonimity, was quoted as saying that if Republicans were to dominate both the White House and Congress for a 20 year continuous span, it would result in 20 to 30 million males for which there would be no available females.

Upon hearing this, Democrats have requested a hearing with officials from the U.S. Dept. of Immigration and Naturalization to discuss relaxing quotas on women entering the country from countries such as Russia and the Philippeans.

As a purely academic question, the Padilla question is an interesting test of morality and the courts. However, outside of academics or an ethics debate, the course taken against him seems logical and reasonable, but Padilla and possibly his coharts (sp). He should be in millitary prison under interrogation, when that interrogation is concluded, he should then be tried civilly as well.

However, the big brotherian view just espoused that would condemn poor Wes Unseld to joblessness is a very scary thought. I mean, it would be terrible to put Wes on Welfare and have to support him. Seriously though, even though it was a joke the range and subjectivity of the crimes listed makes me worry. Padilla should have his moment in court and I hope that the threshhold for arresting Americans in this manner is fairly high. Otherwise, it could lead down a dangerous Orwellian road.

Something tells my Wes Unseld has plenty of money with or without his current job.

Kilmer,

You trust the government on the Padilla thing and I don't. I trust the government on most everything else and you trust the government on nothing else. Kind of funny don't you think?

Padilla should have his moment in court and I hope that the threshhold for arresting Americans in this manner is fairly high. Otherwise, it could lead down a dangerous Orwellian road.

Now imagine its August 2k1 and word of mouth points us to 20 to 30 guys plotting to take out the pentagon, space needle LAX, Whitehouse, WTC, and other buildings of significance using airplanes.

We put them in military custody just as we have padilla and how much do you wanna bet that you, the ACLU, the Arab league and the nation of our friends Saudi Arabia as well as liberals and hatas of dubba ya scream about this injustice?

We need to get away from waiting until there is a smoking gun or bloody knife to go with the body before acting unless you believe we should wait until there is an almond odor in the air (ack ack *) before we react and then its too late.

Archived