Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bond, James Bond: Who would make a good Bond to replace Brosnan?

88Comrade2000

For those Bond fans out there; actor Pierce Brosnan said in an interview to Entertainment Weekly Online that he is done with the Bond movies. His contract is up, the he does have an option for 5th movie. Guess, he's not using that option.

So if Bronson is done; who would be a good choice to replace him?

Guest 979guy

Hugh Grant seems a little too soft, and Jude Law with too little Bond-like charm. Jackman, on the other hand, just might do it. I can just see the next set of Bond flick titles...

007 in Never Say Check Mate

or

The Spy Who Came In From Down Under

Originally posted by Rdskns2000

For those Bond fans out there; actor Pierce Brosnan said in an interview to Entertainment Weekly Online that he is done with the Bond movies. His contract is up, the he does have an option for 5th movie. Guess, he's not using that option.

So if Bronson is done; who would be a good choice to replace him?

This is just a ploy to get more money, he will do the last one :)

To bad Matt Damon is Jason Bourne, he might have been a good Bond. :D

What good british actors are out there?

Ralph Fiennes (might be difficult to convince him, since he was offered it once before and turned it down). I know he's Irish, but Brosnan was the first Bond who was really English (instead of Scottish).

Gee, maybe they could bring back George Lazenby.... not!

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Seriously though. I'm with jbooma, I think this is a contract ploy. If he gets replaced, I'm going with Ewan McGregor or Hugh Jackman. Clive Owen, another rumored replacement, is a thought but a little too dark of an actor.

Bale is already Batman I think.

I think they should go to England and have an open casting call.......bad teeth need not apply. Seriously, this is a Superman situation in my head. You want an unknown guy who hasn't played a lot of other rolls. You want him to be the face of that character.

I think I found the guy.

urkel.jpg

Originally posted by fanofnobody

Good call. I was dicussing this at work and that is the first person a co-worker suggested. I can't see him as JB after playing Batman though.

But can you picture him as Batman? I'm really looking forward to that. Bale is an incredible actor, always able to lose himself in his character. That's probably why you would have a hard time seeing him as Bond after seeing him in AP, because he was so convincing in it.

Ralph Fiennes (might be difficult to convince him, since he was offered it once before and turned it down). I know he's Irish, but Brosnan was the first Bond who was really English (instead of Scottish).

Connery = Scottish

Moor = English

Lazenby = Australian

Dalton = Welsh

Brosnan = IRISH

James Bond in the books is Scottish as was Ian Flemming who wrote them

Archived