Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where might Manti Te’o fall in the NFL Draft?

AJ Down at the One

His senior year shows what a good player he can be; he made a tonne of plays for Notre Dame on their way to the national championship. Regardless of the Catfish scandal, he should be judged on the tape and his Combine performance. Where do you think he might fall, and who to?

http://www.downattheone.com/NFL/Where-might-Manti-Teo-fall-in-the-NFL-Draft

Based on being exposed vs the run and his combine performance? At the earliest, 5th round.

Exposed in one game (in which there were plenty of distractions) vs having an amazing year, and coming in second in Heisman voting?

He'll fall, but not far. Late 2nd to mid 3rd. People will also think of Vontaze Burfict, who went undrafted but had a pretty good year.

Exposed in one game (in which there were plenty of distractions) vs having an amazing year, and coming in second in Heisman voting?

He'll fall, but not far. Late 2nd to mid 3rd. People will also think of Vontaze Burfict, who went undrafted but had a pretty good year.

He's still dealing with distractions too

Te'o probably was never a true 1st rounder, he has instincts, but isn't all there physically. A 1st rounder and high 2nd rounders are expected to be more or less all there, with a couple exceptions (QB). Some team might take him late in the 1st, or early in the 2nd, but I don't think he's good value before the late 2nd. Right around our pick is where he becomes solid value, but I really doubt we're looking his way (nor should we).

We'll see, he won't go too far, and like a lot of guys who have meh combines, I bet he performs a lot better at his pro-day and gets his stock back up.

Based on being exposed vs the run and his combine performance? At the earliest, 5th round.

You realize combine and proday and all these 40 times and etc are overrated as ****

If it wasnt the case devin thomas would have been the greatest WR in redskins history.

Manti is a beast he has amazing skill set and his knowledge of the game is ridicules.

You realize manti has had a better college career than patrick willis? you realize he was 2nd in Heisman voting and took Notre dame to BCS Bowl. Numbers are overrated you can see the greatness in him. He will be great.

You realize combine and proday and all these 40 times and etc are overrated as ****

If it wasnt the case devin thomas would have been the greatest WR in redskins history.

Manti is a beast he has amazing skill set and his knowledge of the game is ridicules.

You realize manti has had a better college career than patrick willis? you realize he was 2nd in Heisman voting and took Notre dame to BCS Bowl. Numbers are overrated you can see the greatness in him. He will be great.

Manti isn't near the athlete Willis is, not to mention Willis played for Ole Miss in the SEC and Manti played for ND against a weak schedule, so his surrounding talent was vastly superior. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. He just isn't fluid enough to be great in coverage and he'll have issues with nfl offensive linemen, but I think he'll be a solid starter for a team without a doubt. Probably not a perennial probowler, as ilb who can get that are rare, but he'll probably get a few in his career.

40 times are a bit overrated. Paul Brown came up with the 40 as a way to evaluate players on kickoff coverage. So for a guy like Denard Robinson who's converting to WR, running a 4.34 was important because teams will feel he can make the final roster on special teams while they try to develop him as a WR. So he goes from UDFA to late rd pick.

For a guy like Manti it's all about his tape. He plays fast on film and shows he has instincts. Reports are he looked smooth in position drills. I still think he goes late 1st rd.

Teo's 40 time is slow but he is not as slow it seems to suggest. The problem with him is his top end speed, he is average the first 20 yards but after that he tops out and has nothing left. So the big question, does a ILB really need to cover more than 20 yards?

He will be drafted in the 3rd but I would not want to him until the 4th. I think he is going to turn out like Greg Jones from Michigan State did for the Giants honestly. He has the smarts and instincts, but not the size, athleticism, or ability to take on blocks that he needs to play in the NFL.

Teo's 40 time is slow but he is not as slow it seems to suggest. The problem with him is his top end speed, he is average the first 20 yards but after that he tops out and has nothing left. So the big question, does a ILB really need to cover more than 20 yards?

If you are running the 'Tampa-2' where the MLB often has to cover the mid-deep third (often against a tight end), this might be an issue.

Archived