Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Forget Lewis: Congratulations to Ed Reed

KDawg

I'm certainly not a Ravens hater. To be honest, I don't care much about them in any capacity. They aren't the Washington Redskins.

But:

Over the last two weeks, the Ravens themselves, the media, ect. Has been ALL about Ray Lewis. Antler spray, do it for Ray, and what have you.

Meanwhile, one of the best safeties in the NFL, and a guy who is extremely quiet... FINALLY got a Super Bowl ring.

Congratulations, Ed Reed.

Certainly well deserved. He's a good dude on and off the field. True centerfielder.

Congratulations also to Jacoby Jones... The Texans basically threw him out and I was hoping we would have scooped him up.

It was hard to watch that game though, and not just cus I wanted the SB to stay in the NFC, but because the Ravens literally have to be the ugliest team in the NFL, by far.

I can go with that Coach. Nothing against Reed who's an all time great more than worthy of inclusion in any GOAT conversation on the position.

But I'm still pissed the DC wanabes from up I-95 won another. And that POS Lewis in particular. :mad:

Hail.

I know how you feel... I am happy for Ed Reed though. Where do you think he'll land now?

I'm happy for Ed Reed, certainly, but I'm happiest for Anquan Boldin, by far.

One of the most underrated WRs in the NFL over the last decade or so despite being the toughest and arguably most reliable WR for his QBs.

Despite being OROY the year before the Cardinals drafted Fitzgerald, there was somehow this idea among many casual NFL fans that Boldin's success in Arizona was in large part thanks to Fitz. He leaves Arizona, heads to Baltimore, and ends up with a stellar playoff run and excellent Super Bowl game.

Fun random story about Boldin - while at FSU, he once took a bet that he couldn't catch a football with only one hand from the JUGS machine at full speed, from 12 yards away. He went and did that, and to prove the point further about how strong his hands were, worked his way up to 6 to 7 yards away still making one handed catches.

Multi All American at Miami. National Champion. Perennial Pro Bowler (the ones that are earned), perrenial All Pro, DPOY. Super Bowl Champion. My man did it all. I'm definitely happy for him. Didn't talk a whole lot, just got **** done, and was an absolute monster. The guy was like Magneto in the secondary. Always in the right spot at the right time, and did it again last night on the biggest stage of his career. Couldn't be happier for him. One of the greatest DB's to ever play the game.

Authentic, I just don't care about them. Especially not enough to let them get under my skin.

And yes, Anquan Boldin, too. Dude got his face rearranged and still caught a pass and lost one with Arizona. He's a stud receiver, too. He's one of the most underrated receivers in the NFL without any doubt it my mind.

Authentic, I just don't care about them. Especially not enough to let them get under my skin.

Easy to say when you don't have to be around gloating Ravens fans every day.

Other than Ray Lewis I don't have any issues with the Ravens as a team, though, and if it wasn't for having to deal with their fans (read: I'm ****ing jealous) I would be happy for them.

Ok imagine having to deal with the raw emotion of your star QB getting his knee injured (not knowing if he will be out for the season), while also having to deal with "hahaha, that's what he gets"!! , "i'll take the loss as long as RG3 gets hurt, must suck to be a Redskin fan"...etc. Sorry, but with all due respect... Ray Lewis, John Harbaugh, Ed Reed. (Especially Ray Lewis, since he's the only one i actually hate from the Ravens), along with their fans could go straight to hell!!!!

I'm happy for Ed Reed, certainly, but I'm happiest for Anquan Boldin, by far.

One of the most underrated WRs in the NFL over the last decade or so despite being the toughest and arguably most reliable WR for his QBs.

Despite being OROY the year before the Cardinals drafted Fitzgerald, there was somehow this idea among many casual NFL fans that Boldin's success in Arizona was in large part thanks to Fitz. He leaves Arizona, heads to Baltimore, and ends up with a stellar playoff run and excellent Super Bowl game.

Fun random story about Boldin - while at FSU, he once took a bet that he couldn't catch a football with only one hand from the JUGS machine at full speed, from 12 yards away. He went and did that, and to prove the point further about how strong his hands were, worked his way up to 6 to 7 yards away still making one handed catches.

I met Anquan back in 2000, which was his sophomore year. I worked with his aunt in West Palm Beach when I was with DCS. He came by the office and she brought him around. He was actually very quiet speaking. Briefly chated about football for about 10 minutes and then he went to say high to other people in the office.

The hate (for the fans at least) is something you pretty much learn while living in the area. You'll either learn to hate the fans (or find the space that the Redskins routinely occupy in their heads to be annoying), the team, or both. You'd be hard pressed to find many Redskins fans to be neutral to both, and if they are, they probably don't interact with enough Ravens fans.

Edit, or they're fans of both teams.

Folks, you can hate whoever you want. I don't cheer for them, I don't care what level of hatred you have.

As the great Clayton Bigsby once said, "if you have hate in your heart, let it out!"

I do know this... I can't STAND Jim Harbaugh and all of his jumping up and down and pouting faces. Epitome of annoying.

Folks, you can hate whoever you want. I don't cheer for them, I don't care what level of hatred you have.

As the great Clayton Bigsby once said, "if you have hate in your heart, let it out!"

It's not a requirement that you need to care. We're just telling you how it is around here with them. The fans are annoying, but I do respect the organization and it's players.

I do know this... I can't STAND Jim Harbaugh and all of his jumping up and down and pouting faces. Epitome of annoying

Agreed. He and brother Jim always look like a possum crfawled up their asses or something. The fact that both teams were extra scrappy last night was no surprise. They both take on the personalities of their coaches.

As the great Clayton Bigsby once said, "if you have hate in your heart, let it out!".

Right, definitely not a requirement. But its certainly a passionate subject for those of us who are in the area. Its perfectly understandable for you not to feel any type of way towards them. But for us, certain Raven fans are unbearable.

I wouldn't say Reed is extremely quiet, maybe if you are only comparing him to Ray Lewis, but I'm very happy he got a ring. Along with other vets on that team such as Boldin, Birk, Suggs, and Leach.
First off, I don't care that Reed won a ring. I honestly don't. I know he's one of the greatest safeties to ever play. But I can't bring myself to heap any well wishes to any Ravens player. Especially Lewis.

And I don't know if anyone saw Reed's interview with Sapp and Deion and those guys on the set after the game, or not. But Reed must have said "man" about 100 times in the 10 minutes or so he talked. You can definitely tell dude went to the U.

And to the guy asking where Reed will end up next: it's almost a forgone conclusion that he ends up in New England next year.

Right, definitely not a requirement. But its certainly a passionate subject for those of us who are in the area. Its perfectly understandable for you not to feel any type of way towards them. But for us, certain Raven fans are unbearable.

I think you missed the fact that I quoted Clayton Bigsby... The Dave Chappelle character entitled, "The Black White Supremacist". It was a joke. I understand why you guys can't stand Raven fans/the team. But, they don't bother me... And I don't like them... Wild indifference on my end. You know?

:ols:

Archived