Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Babin just released by the Eagles - Should we make a run?

chunglao

No. One of the things this team needs to build is chemistry and an identity. The guy playing OLB, whoever it is, is a Redskin. He's a guy who has been here since training camp and has put in his time and effort. Even if he isn't as good as Babin could potentially be, guys will play harder for people they know and have fought alongside than they will with some hired gun. It also sends a message to the rest of our team that we don't care about hard work and character, we just care about adding the hottest name of the week who just became available (from a train wreck of a team that we beat the crap out of a week ago no less) and trying to make a run.

No thanks. I know Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen are smart enough to never make this move. Vinny Cerrato would have, but not this group.

not sure he has the size for a 3-4 lineman ... i bet we could stand him up, again, don't know if he would make an impact and handle that transition. If Kerigan could do it as a rookie, don't see why a 10 year vet couldn't.

I would rather give him a shot than keep B. Banks ... sounds kind of crazy but our defense could use a shot in the arm and we did lose a pass rusher in Rak. Has R. Johnson done anything yet?

No. One of the things this team needs to build is chemistry and an identity. The guy playing OLB, whoever it is, is a Redskin. He's a guy who has been here since training camp and has put in his time and effort. Even if he isn't as good as Babin could potentially be, guys will play harder for people they know and have fought alongside than they will with some hired gun. It also sends a message to the rest of our team that we don't care about hard work and character, we just care about adding the hottest name of the week who just became available (from a train wreck of a team that we beat the crap out of a week ago no less) and trying to make a run.

No thanks. I know Mike Shanahan and Bruce Allen are smart enough to never make this move. Vinny Cerrato would have, but not this group.

Our defense is HORRIBLE and has had 11 games to build "chemistry and an identity." It is not happening. If Babin is a high character guy that works hard, you don't think he'll get accepted and the guys next won't play hard?? I doubt that.

We lost a pass rusher, he's a pass rusher, he's coming off an 18 sack season ...sure he's older, but I would at least look into it. OUR DEFENSE NEEDS HELP. You can't deny that.

Our defense is HORRIBLE and has had 11 games to build "chemistry and an identity." It is not happening. If Babin is a high character guy that works hard, you don't think he'll get accepted and the guys next won't play hard?? I doubt that.

We lost a pass rusher, he's a pass rusher, he's coming off an 18 sack season ...sure he's older, but I would at least look into it. OUR DEFENSE NEEDS HELP. You can't deny that.

This is something which goes beyond 2012. This is philosophy and loyalty. It isn't even like the weakness of our defense has been the horrible play of our outside backers. At least the guys making decisions for this team are thinking towards the future and not looking to sign 31 year old castoffs mid season based off their production a year ago as a statistical anomaly within a bad defense, because that's what some of you guys are doing. What has this guy done lately? Well, he's been released by a 3-8 football team with an awful defense. He has 5.5 sacks as a DE in the idiotic wide 9. I say again, no thanks.

Did not know Justin existed. BUT NO!!!! DO YOU HOMEWORK BEFORE YOU POST!!!!

1. Horrible locker room teammate. NOOOOO. See Haynesworth, Albert.

2. Has claimed he isn't a "Football guy".

3. Is a moron when it comes to media/fan interaction, and walks around like he's better than everyone.

4. We don't play a 3-3-TTDB, tribal tat douche bag

Never excelled in anything but a really wide 9 under Castillo last year.

not sure he has the size for a 3-4 lineman ... i bet we could stand him up, again, don't know if he would make an impact and handle that transition. If Kerigan could do it as a rookie, don't see why a 10 year vet couldn't.

This is my initial concern. I don't like him and think he is a borderline dirty player at times, but there is no doubt he can play. Someone is going to pick him up, that's for sure. I don't necessarily know if he fits in our scheme though. I don't think he could play 3-4 end, and I am not sure if he has played in a scheme where has played what he would have to here.

left college as a first round 4-3 DE, coverted to a 3-4 OLB but was average. His true standout moment came from the switch to the Wide-9 in Philthy. He may be decent on the standup bullrush in the 3-4 for 1st and 2nd downs but I would let Rob Jackson stand in for 3rd down and pass coverage. Can't be any worse than Chris Wilson as far as a stop-gap until 'Rak returns...vet min + incentives if we truly believe we can make a run this year

Archived