Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Redskins vs. Vikings QB Discussion Thread---Where’s McNubb?

Jumbo

12 starts 24 turnovers. I'll give Rex this, he's consistent.

I just hope that his second game against the eagles goes better then the first. Last time they took the ball 4 times and left him with pneumonia.

Edit: he might also be tied for most interceptions in the league despite missing three games. Freeman Grossman and Fitzpatrick each have 19 interceptions, I believe.

12 starts 24 turnovers. I'll give Rex this, he's consistent.

I just hope that his second game against the eagles goes better then the first. Last time they took the ball 4 times and left him with pneumonia.

Edit: he might also be tied for most interceptions in the league despite missing three games. Freeman Grossman and Fitzpatrick each have 19 interceptions, I believe.

Yeah I don't see how you want him even as a placeholder next year. His turnover ability is so off the charts, I would think we could find some aging vet who could get us 6 wins.

I'm glad the game played out like it did. When we win, our guys get full of themselves and think they're better than they are. I thin kthe same goes on from a personnel standpoint. After being called out for turnovers, Rex had 2 more against a bad defense. Unless he torches the Eagles secondary next week, i think this may have sealed his long-term fate here.

Rex is frustrating. You see that he knows this offense and has chemistry with Gaffney.

It just goes to show that with a legit QB we are contenders. This offense is terrific.

I know this with a trash offensive line, this offense scores points when santana moss is in there. when he's there, this offense goes up and down the field. And also Ryan Torain doesn't deserve to be on this team next year. horrible pass blocker and can't run the toss or stretch play to save his life.

Vick and Palmer have committed a lot of turnovers too. Palmer has a higher int rate than Rex with a better OL. Plus Sanchez is nearing the top of the league in turnovers. Was listening to the Giants game briefly on the radio today and during one series after being sacked for the first time before half the series before, Sanchez threw three consecutive passes that the defense touched with their hands (including one tip). Rather be lucky than good if you're a QB in the NFL. I believe Rex's Int came after the TD was called back today.

two plays.. 1)sack Fumble 2) overthrow wide open receiver for the pick.... U cant win consistently with plays like these..... Rex was lights out besides those two plays... but the story is always the same he has those plays.. Remember the sack fumble in the end zone against new england If carter wouldnt have sacked him rex would still be standing there looking for a receiver.. I like Rex but it is painfuylly obvious that this team cant get to the next level with him as starter

And a lump of coal to the ref who called the "hold" on Young.

Two lumps. And then some coal.

I'm watching the game on DVR right now, and that play just happened.

We got jobbed.. terrible call. Young made a fine play.

Shame on that ref. Up until then I thought the game has been played well and officiated fairly well.

Grossman's fumble.. I think any QB fumbles if he gets hit on the ball as he's beginning his motion. Not making an excuse for Rex, but seriously, who's holding on to that?

The pick was right after the hoirrible call that robbed us of a gigantic TD.. and it was a horrible throw. He or the receiver need to keep their head after a call like that. It almost felt like that play was a give up.

Positives: The redskins are gashing them. Royster has a great natural instinct. He and Helu give me a sly smile for the future.

This is the fourth straight week of an excellent showing for the running game. OL played very well. They gave him excellent holes to run through.

Gaffney played well.

Gano kicked very well.

Defensive line played a good game.

Negatives,,, it seems as if Santana Moss and Grossman just are not on the same page anymore. Reed Doughty's personal foul would get him cut from a Joe Gibbs team on Monday, because Joe would never do it on Christmas. that was terrible. completely avoidable. Mike Sellers jumping offisides on a punt sets up the Vikings with a first down, and they go on to score. Maybe someone once again can tell me how Danny Smith has to work with young players and they make mistakes and he can only work with who he has and blahblahblahshutthehellup.. Another one of his vets makes a costly mistake, and the excuses don't fit. Fire that gum chewing clown.

After the run off in the final drive,, Grossman had Gaffney and missed him,... bad throw. His motion seems odd today. More of an Uncle Rico flip then a throw sometimes.

~Bang

Rex started and finished cold but was strong in between.

Two TDs and two turnovers, par for the course. He's still a strong choice as bridge QB and backup. He isn't the reason we lost yesterday. A limp defense who allowed scrubs to torch them on both the ground and in the air is to blame for this latest defeat.

Joe Webb is actually decent. The guy plays well whenever he is in. He beat a good Eagles team last year, had a good comeback against the Lions this year and beat us yesterday. Ponder has shown that he needs some work, but Webb is a good competitor and to say our defense played against a scrub is stupid. He is a completely different QB than Ponder, so all the game planning and practicing is nullified.

Game was good and fun to watch. Crazy to me that Banks' had his TD called back for BS reasons against the same team, 2 years in a row.

Archived