Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2012: Trade it all for the #1 pick(Probably Luck), even 2013 picks if needed?

88Comrade2000

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I would say most would feel that Rex is nothing more than a stop gap. For every good play he may make, he will make a bad play. The Skins long term success will be tied to some future QB.

2012 could be that time when we decide to invest in a future QB.

The consensus is Andrew Luck will be the #1 QB. If the season plays out like most think it will, we should be drafting anywhere from 10-20.

My poll question: Would you trade all your picks and even 2013 picks if need for the #1 pick?

I do recognize the need for that franchise QB. ASF- the Atlanta one; can post all the damn stats he wants. Rex is nothing more than a stop gap. He's a mediocre QB and nothing will change that.

I noticed in SHF thread that besides him, they are several people who are willing to trade all of 2012 and even 2013 to get the right for the number #1 pick and draft Andrew Luck. I would not do that.

No one player is worth that. Especially for a team still with many needs. They will be other QBS in the draft and if Shanny/Bruce feel they need to trade up for a QB; there will be QBs available lower where it won't cost as much to move up.

No, I'm not giving up on 2011. Just seeing the needs this team will have next year. I wasn't buying into Art's 4-0 post because I felt then and still do this is a .500 team. One big reason is Rex. If my preseason prediction holds true; Rex would be

benched after the Iggles game. We will see.

I highly doubt the team in position to draft Luck will take any deal. You could offer them 1st rounders for the next four years and they will reject it. The only way it would be possible to trade up for Luck is if a team that doesn't need a QB has the 1st overall pick. The Colts, Seahawks and Dolphins will definitely take Luck. They will turn down any trade.

I'd bet big money if over the years if I had put Big Ben, Flacco, Freeman and Schaub on that list. Most would say exactly that.

What is a franchise QB anymore? We just lost to an undrafted guy last night.

I'm not familiar with every QB on your list but Kellen Moore weighs less than Santana Moss. I don't see him QBing in the NFL.

Im about 100% sure that if the rams was to get the 1st overall pick, they would trade out of it. They already have sam bradford, why would they take luck?!! If it WAS the rams, than you make one heckuva deal and see if you can land it. If the shanaplan is to get him by every means necessary, ill be on board. Even if i dont think it was necessarily necessary.

I'm not familiar with every QB on your list but Kellen Moore weighs less than Santana Moss. I don't see him QBing in the NFL.

Is luck the best guy? Yes. Is he worth spending a lot to get? I don't know. Really....If we could trade Danny Smith, DeAngelo Hall, our 1st and 2nd rounders....I might do it. But the odds are he would cost a lot more for some team with the worst record.

From all the college football stuff I've been reading, the QB class of '12 is much better than the one that just happened. MUCH MUCH better.

If the Redskins dedicate themselves to have the best OL in the NFL with a good running game, you can plug in a rookie and gameplan to let him learn on the job. If I am Bruce Allen, I am looking at the OL and wondering how I can improve every single spot all the time. If you can protect a QB like we did with #11 back in the 90's.....you can afford to develop a guy while playing him.

Archived