Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nfl.com- Gil Brandt predicts afc west title for Oakland

Skins_Win_Again

I was searching through some old online chats from some of the experts of NFL network and i found an interesting statement by Gild Brandt..

Ryan, NJ

If both Marcus McNeil and Vincent Jackson holdout until week 10, what would be your guess for the final standings in the AFC West?

Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Hi Ryan, if that were to happen, I think you'd see the Oakland Raiders at the top of the AFC West. San Diego probably finishes second, followed by Kansas City and Denver.

There is also a clip on nfl.com where Charles Davis predicts Oakland to be the surprise team of the year.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d818fcedc/Surprise-surprise

not exactly groundbreaking but i found it interesting

obviously one of the major reasons for their success would be because of this guy stepping up..

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo162/aaron1677/jason_raider.jpg

Well, if Rivers gets injured in week 2, Denver decides to just stop playing, and well KC can probably play at full strength

then the Raiders will win the AFC west

Denver doesn't have Marshall, Orton is still their starter, and they have an aging defense (mixed with some young busts-in-the-making). Not to mention an arrogant coach. I wouldn't be surprised to see them falter this year.

Still don't see the Chargers losing contention of the division, though, even without Jackson and McNeill. They still have Rivers and a potentially very solid young RB in Ryan Matthews.

what a joke. the raiders will most likely finish in the cellar as i expect the chiefs to be better this year.

unreal, the raiders add a bad QB who just happens to not be as terrible as their last guy, and now all the sudden theyre favorites for the division? because a WR is gonna sit out? thats not even worth a lol.

really you think they'll finish last? do you even pay attention to football besides tha skins? :doh:

Making predictions at this point in the (not-even-pre)season is just stupid. Might as well have monkeys flinging feces at a wall chart. No surprise that NFL.com is wasting their time doing this - they're just warming up the noise machine with more hype.

Why is JC loved so much by the media? He had a better supporting cast in D.C. and was, at best, an average QB. At best they'll be 3rd in the division. Vinny Jax could hold out but I'd still take the Chargers, and the Chiefs are the real young up and coming team in that division(maybe conference). The Broncos could suck real bad though so who knows, maybe for once Campbell will finish higher than 4th in the division.

how could the raiders finish last? theyve only lost double digit games 7 years in a row, it makes sense that theyd just win this year. i dont follow football at all, thanks for setting me straight.

now that DOES require a LOL.

clearly you dont't watch foootball because if you did you'd know that they added several new major upgrades. Mclaain at LB, John henderson, Kamerion Wimbley, as well as depth at o-line and linebacker. And their most important change was at qb. say what you want about campbell, but he is a major upgrade over jawalrus. colt brenan would be a big upgrade over Jamarcus. even with jamarcus they got 5 wins. now they added a lot more talent and a capable offensive coordinator in hue Jackson. and you think they'll finish last? you don't know football then.

edit: their division also became weaker giving them an easy schedule

Why is JC loved so much by the media? He had a better supporting cast in D.C. and was, at best, an average QB. At best they'll be 3rd in the division. Vinny Jax could hold out but I'd still take the Chargers, and the Chiefs are the real young up and coming team in that division(maybe conference). The Broncos could suck real bad though so who knows, maybe for once Campbell will finish higher than 4th in the division.

because hes a nice guy who never lashes out, goes about his business, and tries real hard. and i personally dont think the majority of the media that gushes about him even watch redskins games, they simply look at the box score and see a decent comp % with a decent QB rating and assume he must be pretty ok and its everyone elses fault.

and he'll get even MORE pity praise in oakland. itll be hilarious beyond belief.

Not that much better...Its possible they had better talent overall at their skill positions.

clearly you dont't watch foootball because if you did you'd know that they added several new major upgrades. Mclaain at LB, John henderson, Kamerion Wimbley, as well as depth at o-line and linebacker. And their most important change was at qb. say what you want about campbell, but he is a major upgrade over jawalrus. colt brenan would be a big upgrade over Jamarcus. even with jamarcus they got 5 wins. now they added a lot more talent and a capable offensive coordinator in hue Jackson. and you think they'll finish last? you don't know football then.

edit: their division also became weaker giving them an easy schedule

they added a rookie linebacker, an over the hill Dlineman, and a solid linebacker. thats really gonna help them score more points with campbell, no oline, no receivers, and justin fargas.

i do expect zac miller to have 1900 yards next season. campbell will be throwing to that dude on every friggin down.

they added a rookie linebacker, an over the hill Dlineman, and a solid linebacker. thats really gonna help them score more points with campbell, no oline, no receivers, and justin fargas.

i do expect zac miller to have 1900 yards next season. campbell will be throwing to that dude on every friggin down.

why can't a rookie make a major impact? orakpo was a major addition for us why not them. and you can't forget about Lamarr houston... dudes a beast.

funny you'd mention fargas seeing as how he got cut. Bush is better anyways. and mcfadden is a good reciever as well(might as well change him to reciever). Plus their o-line is by far better then ours was

The Raiders will suck again this year. That team is beyond dysfunctional, doesn't even matter who's on the field.

That's right, I'm saying an Oakland Raiders team, led by Jason Campbell, will suck. Going way out on a limb here :ols:

Fargas was released, they have Michael Bush and Darren McFadden. If they both stay healthy, they're one of the better RB tandems out there. Not sure they'll be as bad as you think, but they do have a lot of unproven receivers out there.

I LOL at the fools who are swinging from Campbells nuts now that he's wearing a different color uniform thinking the RAIDERS are winning that division. I guess we can add COLOR OF UNIFORM to the list of reasons why it's the fault of everything why Jason sucks except for the dude throwing the ball.

Get real people. The Raiders are garbage, Soup is garbage. He isn't your savior....haahhahahahahahah

I LOL at the fools who are swinging from Campbells nuts now that he's wearing a different color uniform thinking the RAIDERS are winning that division. I guess we can add COLOR OF UNIFORM to the list of reasons why it's the fault of everything why Jason sucks except for the dude throwing the ball.

Get real people. The Raiders are garbage, Soup is garbage. He isn't your savior....haahhahahahahahah

im planning on calling you out once they go 8-8

I think most analysts looked at how the Raiders improved with Gradkowski behind center and consider JC to be better than Gradkowski.

I don't know about that, not that Gradkowski is considered great by any means. Whenever people talk about Campbell, they never talk about how great a QB he is. It's always how he keeps coming up after a beating and is a stand-up guy. I'm still waiting for an analyst, broadcaster or whomever to say Campbell is a great QB around whom you can build a winning team.

I truly don't think any team in the NFL other than the Redskins would have let Campbell play as long as he did without getting the proverbial hook. He did just enough to keep from losing his job here, a 4-12 team. The current staff saw enough on film to know they needed to improve that position.

Are the Raiders better than last year? Yes

Are the Cheifs better than last year? Yes

Are the Broncos better than last year? No

Are the Chargers better than last year? Tough to call

Are the Raiders better than the Chiefs? Yes

Are the Raiders better than the Chargers? No

Are the Raiders better than the Broncos? Possibly

Will the Raiders win the division? ONLY if:

1. Rivers goes down to an injury early

2. They split with the Broncos

3. The Broncos and Chargers suck up their out of division schedule

Will the Raiders get a Wild Card? Nope:

1. AFC North has Steelers and Ravens, two almost stone-cold locks for the playoffs

2. AFC East has Patriots, Jets, and Dolphins, two of which will be making the playoffs

3. AFC South has Colts, Titans, and Texans, all of which will be competing for the division and a WC spot.

AFC will end up:

1. Colts

2. Ravens

3. Patriots

4. AFC West, probably Chargers

5. Steelers

6. Jets

im planning on calling you out once they go 8-8

Please freaking do. The Raiders are clearly the worst team in that entire division and it's not even close. Denvers demise is over blown. The Chiefs are climbing up and getting better every year. The Chargers are going to be fine with or without Jackson. Thinking the Raiders stand a chance to win that division is beyond stupid. All of that talk will stop the minute real football is played. For that matter show me the 8 wins you see here:

http://www.raiders.com/schedule/season-schedule.html

And Jason Campbell is garbage, always been garbage and always will be trash. I don't give a damn if the man's got a great personality, this isn't ethics. It's football. And I could name 20 QB's I'd rather have them him. The best move this offseason any teams made on any team will likely be the Redskins kicking that piece of trash out and installing a real QB for once.

Archived