Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Transparency in Government

Tarpon75

During the recent presidential campaign we were promised transparency in Washington.Where is this transparency?We were told That C-Span would broadcast government meetings and negotations.Why can't we see the discussion concerning health care?The meetings that took place between Obama and the Senate Finance Committee on health care yesterday would have been a great place to start.The agreement hashed out behind closed doors with the pharmecutical lobbyist this week would have also been nice to view on C-Span.Another empty campaign promise.They are adding up!

Didn't Obama want to post all bills on-line for 5 days for public review prior to having them voted on? How hard would that be?

He was overruled by the legislators because they didn't want to answer any questions posed to them by those who ACTUALLY read the bills.

He could always put his foot down and say he won't sign any bills that down follow that procedure.

He is an executive trainee, give him a break he simply doesn't know what he is doing as he has never done anything remotely similar to any executive position. A manager at the local McDonalds has more "executive" experience that this guy did when he took office and we need to just accept the consequences of his inept "Leadership" while hoping that one day he will "get it"

He is an executive trainee, give him a break he simply doesn't know what he is doing as he has never done anything remotely similar to any executive position. A manager at the local McDonalds has more "executive" experience that this guy did when he took office and we need to just accept the consequences of his inept "Leadership" while hoping that one day he will "get it"

Bingo. A perfect example of why career legislators make terrible presidential candidates.

I am sorry,I can't do that.He needs to live up to his campaign promises.These promises are what helped get him elected.Why should we believe him when it comes to current issues? We were told he was well quallified.

He was overruled by the legislators because they didn't want to answer any questions posed to them by those who ACTUALLY read the bills.

He should have been aware of that possibility while running for the most powerful office in the world.How would the legislators overrule him.?He could make it an executive order like other items he chose to implement.

I am not trying to slam the man. He has, in my opinion, a great deal of ability and commands a certain amount of respect.

That said I want some of those relatively minor promises kept. Dump the blatantly unconstitutional Bush era invasions in to the public's privacy, be open about what it is he and the congress are up to, and stop surrendering principle for expediency.......

Okay, sorry. I'm way off topic. Sorry

Barack Obama and George W. Bush are exactly the same.

There should be a 24 hour webcam in the oval office.

Bills just appear having never been read. Congressman vote without knowing what it is they are voting on. Most bills are not read on the floor of the house and Senate before voting. Senators and Congressman don't have full time staffs working on these things.

They haven't gotten close to the degree of transparency I want. I will say that putting all the debts on the books is a good step. For years, Bush hid hundreds of billions of spending. Still, they need to go much further... especially on the legislative side.

Archived