Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

*ST* I know its been said and I don't Care

rd421

I remember standing on the 50 yard line of fed ex last year when we drafted Laron Landry thinking "man him and Sean Taylor are going dominate for years" If anyone would have told me last year when free agncy stareted that we would lose Sean this season to such a pointless act of violence I would have called that person a liar. I know its been said on here over and over but as I sit here pondering the next move OUR (not the Danny's or anyone elses) beloved Skins will make, and how we will move on after this season. I think that it is fitting to reflect on Sean and everything he was to this team. This has been a season that has brought fans together as family to rally around something we believe in. As this new season starts today I hope that we do not lose this friendship, this family that is the Washington Redskins, and that we do not forget the one that we all lost years before it was time.

:cheers: to this new season.

Hail 21

I feel what you're saying and i know you're upset about it, but i kind of feel like threads like these are kind of keeping him alive. Let him rest in peace and lets respectfully move forward.

We're keeping his memory alive. It's not that we're trying to keep him alive. I think it's a good thing to remember him.

Great OP. It is an appropriate time to reflect on ST as we think about what players the Skins will be adding in the offseason. Oh, what might have been in Area 51!

The ONLY good that came out of his death was the cohesiveness that developed on the Redskins team and among the fans. Actually, I guess you could say among many NFL fans. As much as I will ALWAYSl hate the Cowboys, I'll never forget how supportive many of them were after ST's death. With that said, :dallasuck ! Anyway, I hope that closeness can remain, but unfortunately I'm skeptical. Remember the patriotism and the sense of unity in this country after 9.11? That didn't last, and sadly I don't think it'll last in this case, either.

Welcome to the board, rd421!

Good post and good thread. You put it into words very well. Respectfully and with reverence. Good job. Here's hoping we can move forward and have a great season! Moving forward does NOT mean forgetting. We'll do well. The players will carry him in the place he needs to be for them to move forward.

Good post and thanks!

Nice thread man, I completely agree.

Losing Sean was such a blow to this organization and fanbase as a whole but it did bring the family together.

Sean was the best player on our team and the type of exciting player that you only see once every 5-10 years. He's the one player on our team that no one could argue against.

People will argue about Campbell, Portis, Moss, Chris Samuels, etc, but along with Chris Cooley, Sean Taylor was the one player that we had who would perform 100 percent EVERY Sunday, there was no dispute about Sean's talent.

Damn I hate thinking about what we're missing. Here's to ST :cheers:

It still brings a tear to my eye when i see pictures or video's of him....his death is something that i still have a hard time understanding, and accepting. it was senseless, and heartbreaking at the same time.

I still remember coming in to work on that Monday morning, and having one of my friends call me and tell me that he had heard on the radio that Sean had been shot in the leg....i didn't believe it then, and still can't believe it now.....and i can remember thinking, "Well, if he did get shot, at least it was only in the leg"...and of course, the news just got worse and worse from that point on.

It's still hard to believe that someone so special, was brought down by a 2 bit thug shooting him in the leg for no reason at all.

Things like this really curve my views when i look at us as a society....hard to believe that's where we are currently at.

A very sad skins fan and sean taylor fan(still!)>

ST off the field implications/charges, show up late for rookie camp and spitting incident that had "fans" all over the NFL hating on him.

In a year he turned it around, had a kid, became a pro-bowler, and died hero daving his family. The fans all over the league respected and noticed the difference in him, and it showed by several dedications by fans all over the world. It's tragic because it shows that someone so miss understood could turn his life around and make something of himself. He Should be a positive role model for all people faced with the same challenges in life.

I agree, once in a while it is nice to reflect on the past, the players that maybe influenced in some way. I have a buddy who was a SO CALLED THUG (he was a jerk, i wont lie) but after reading interviews with ST and how his baby was an eye opening life changing expierience my buddy began to change. When ST was taken, he was heart broken. I mean it is not like he was molding his life after him, but was simply realizing a few of lifes challenges through ST. his passing made my friend an even better person which I will not go into. The main point is yes we must remember, but i also dont want to see THREAD AFTER THREAD of ST DEDICATIONS as well as a thousands threads will truely ruin the few great ones.

Thanks and welcome...

I know the team won't forget, and I know next season will bring good things for us.....this team will be fired up from the first snap of the year and ST will be a huge driving force on our team. How could anyone forget the hardest hitting sideline to sideline S the league ever saw!

Archived