Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for recruiting from Maryland

mi6

The Front Office, and Gibbs should give serious consideration of picking up local talent to fill spots on our roster.

1/ Adam Podlesh - Punter

2/ Sam Hollenbach - QB

These two guys are special, and will provide depth. Adam is an outstanding kicker, and can give David Frost stiff competition. He has a strong leg, and is consistent.

Sam could become a good backup, and provide some competition to Jason. Folks need to stay hungry. If the Jason takes his job for granted, we have a problem ..., and that can be addressed. Sam is an intelligent QB, great arm and accuracy.

These guys can be drafted in the late rounds, or as free agents. The Skins had an opportunity to draft Maynard from Maryland as punter, now with the Chicago. They passed on him ... and, he certainly is better than David Frost!

I am sure there are others. This is where a GM of Bobby Beathards uncanny ability to spot hidden jewels comes into play.

All I have to say, Vinny and Gibbs don't you DARE trade away our draft choices, and in turn our future! :point2sky

Podlesh will be very very good. He has a strong leg, has never botched a hold and runs an unbelievable 40 time (which makes him useful on busted FGs and punts)

if we had a full set of picks I'd say put a middle rounder towards Josh Wilson but we all know that deal.

Sam is intelligent? Are you kidding? I am a big Terps fan and he sucked! He threw the ball into places he had no reason even thinking to throw it there.

No my dream situation is to somehow land Josh Wilson. But people say he will be a later 2nd rounder to early 3rd rounder. Also with the addition of Macklin, I don't see us addressing CB in the draft.

Rookie punters and qb's are something we definitely don't need. The team has stood by Frost for a long time for him to develop. The only way they'd switch is for a veteran - you know how Gibbs LOVES veterans for ST. As far as qb, we currently have three with a fourth Casey Bramlet playing in NFL Europa. Unless Todd Collins opts out of his contract - and it certainly doesn't appear as if he's going to, there aren't any reps for a guy like Hollenbach.

Josh Wilson is a good pick ... If we have a chance, we should get him.

Adam would be an upgrade to David. Has a better leg, and is CONSISTENT

Sam - Yes! Let me retrack my endorsement. Being a Terp fan, it got the better of me.

These guys can be drafted in the late rounds, or as free agents. The Skins had an opportunity to draft Maynard from Maryland as punter, now with the Chicago. They passed on him ... and, he certainly is better than David Frost!

I forgot about ol' David Frost..?..lol

What about MARCUS MASON? That's a local boy who helped Georgetown Prep become an elite football team as I was graduating. He's short, but look at his stats from Youngtown State or from Georgetown Prep. Could provide great depth as a returner or running back. Too short to be a legitimate receiving threat, but an incredible athlete.

The Front Office, and Gibbs should give serious consideration of picking up local talent to fill spots on our roster.

1/ Adam Podlesh - Punter

2/ Sam Hollenbach - QB

These two guys are special, and will provide depth. Adam is an outstanding kicker, and can give David Frost stiff competition. He has a strong leg, and is consistent.

Sam could become a good backup, and provide some competition to Jason. Folks need to stay hungry. If the Jason takes his job for granted, we have a problem ..., and that can be addressed. Sam is an intelligent QB, great arm and accuracy.

I am sure there are others. This is where a GM of Bobby Beathards uncanny ability to spot hidden jewels comes into play.

All I have to say, Vinny and Gibbs don't you DARE trade away our draft choices, and in turn our future! :point2sky

Podlesh is special, yeah hes pretty good. Nick "automatic" Novak was supposed to be special. Why draft them when we can get em UFA rookie.

Hollenbach is only special in the sense he is a retard when it comes to playing quarterback. he wouldn't learn saunders system before campbell gets it, and Brunell will be here a little while longer.

Nah, Boomer Esiason had a pretty good career, Frank Reich had his moments, and the Steelers had a MD corner back that did quite well for a while. Maryland has had its share of success stories. And the Carolina DT Kris Jenkins, seemed to do okay for a while as well.

Maryland players always do so well at the pro level, too... :paranoid:

Not sure if this is a snide remark. But, if it is ... then I suggest you do your homework!

For a while they produce a steady stream of good QBs ...

Boomer Eaison

Neil O'Donnell

were long time starting QBs for Cincinnati and Pittsburg respectively.

Frank Wycheck was an pro-bowl TE for the Titans. The Skins were idiotic to let him go.

Dominque Foxworth is a good solid CD playing for Denver

Maynard is a BETTER punter than David (our current dead weight investment)

Perhaps, you haven't heard of Mr. Defense himself - Shawn Merrimen ...

... and, the list keeps growing!

1/ Adam Podlesh - Punter

2/ Sam Hollenbach - QB

Not to burst your bubble but wasn't he the QB that had like 2 INTs against West Virginia last year? And our Pass Defense wasn't rated highly (109th at years end Maryland was 80th in passing offense I think)

Maryland players always do so well at the pro level, too... :paranoid:

Hmm the Panthers have/had a stellar DT from Maryland and while I like Cooley I wouldn't mind seeing the 49ers Tightend also a Terp catching passes from Campbell.

The skins should look at small schools in the area like hampton for day two moves that can also help on defense

having watched everyone one of the home games in person and most of the road ones on TV - sam hollenbach has no reason to touch a football ever again. he had flashes of decency at most, loved to throw the ball into ridiculous places, including the other teams hands. i haven't checked his stats, but the kid is definately not NFL caliber...i prefer todd collins over him. the reason for the terps good season was a opportunistic defense and good RBs...

Dont forget EJ Henderson went to MD..Lamont Jordan as well.

and Leon Joe WLB, Chicago Bears (behind Briggs and waiting for his shot), Madieu Williams FS(Cincinnati Bengals), Dominique Foxworth CB (Denver Broncos, was behind Darrent Williams and now Dre Bly but is a solid Nickel and member of one of the best Secondary's in the entire NFL), Curome Cox FS (Denver Broncos, plays next to John Lynch in the same secondary I just mentioned), Vernon Davis TE (San Francisco), Shawne Merriman DE (San Diego), Randy Starks DT (Tennessee Titans), D'Qwell Jackson MLB (Cleveland Browns), William Kershaw (Kansas City Chiefs), Rob Abiamiri (Baltimore Ravens)....and these are just a few recent gradutates....please!.....I would not take Sam but Podlesh is solid especially when kicking inside the 20. But I don't want to hear anything else about only ONE TERP worth mentioning. There are plenty!

That's one.

That's pretty much it.

Shawn Merriman

Vernon Davis

D'Quell Jackson

Dominque Foxworth

Frank Reich

Boomer Esiason

Neil O'Donnell

there's more if I wanted to research.

I will say that I don't see Hollenbach making more then a few days in a NFL training camp

Archived