Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for recruiting from Maryland

mi6

Maryland has quite a few receivers who are speed burners...

Sam struggled in the first half of the season, and the offense did not open up the passing games, as it has in the past.

Darrius is a stud, and will certainly be playing on Sunday post graduation. http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/heywardbey_darrius00.html

Another lightning rod is Isaiah Wiillams http://umterps.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/williams_isaiah00.html

At tight end, Joey Hanos will be special!

Darius is an animal! I was at Byrd Stadium when the Terps beat the U to see Heyward-Bey burn Miami for two 70 yard TD's. When that guy hits turbo, not too many people can catch him....and he is just a freshman.

With so many talented young receivers, and a solid veteran running game with Ball and Lattimore, you would like to think either Steffy or Portis would have an easier time taking over the offense.

Why is it that whenever someone bashes the Skins for letting Wycheck go they neglect to mention he also got caught for using steroids. In this day and age it might not sound as important, but back then was a pretty major story.

Exactly, no one remembers that. It sucked to let him go, but it was the right thing to do.

The draft can not come soon enough. :gus:

I appreciate you guys' support for your college teams, but I can't take any thread seriously that mentions Hollenbach as even having a chance at the NFL right now.

And let the "we should draft _________ from Maryland" and we should draft "_________ from Virginia Tech" threads begin!

The draft can not come soon enough. :gus:

I appreciate you guys' support for your college teams, but I can't take any thread seriously that mentions Hollenbach as even having a chance at the NFL right now.

And let the "we should draft _________ from Maryland" and we should draft "_________ from Virginia Tech" threads begin!

If we are playing draft players from X college, I really wouldn't mind the Skins taking a look at Corey Davis from JMU. He has projected pretty highly on sleeper lists, and I believe Yahoo mentioned the Skins may have an interest in him. Was an outstanding tackle in I-AA, but projects to a guard at the next level. He's probably a 6th-7th round pick right now, possibly a UDFA, he's worth a shot at that cost....massive frame and a mauler, a lot like a Dockery type player.

It still hilarious to see/hear folks think University of Maryland has no talent?

Ridiculous! They are an up and coming program - especially, under Ralph Friedgen! The offense would be more potent if they had stability at the QB position. Wish Scott McBrien was still around.

Josh Wilson will be a good corner. Can't wait to see what Isaiah Gardner will do! He is a speedy corner as well!

It still hilarious to see/hear folks think University of Maryland has no talent?

Ridiculous! They are an up and coming program - especially, under Ralph Friedgen! The offense would be more potent if they had stability at the QB position. Wish Scott McBrien was still around.

Josh Wilson will be a good corner. Can't wait to see what Isaiah Gardner will do! He is a speedy corner as well!

They do have talent, but this board is filled with:

a.) Maryland homers, that can not objectively look at their team

-or-

b.) Maryland haters, that can not look at the Terps objectively due to their disdain

As I said, Maryland does have talent, but not as much as a lot of people think, and not as little as some people think.

But weren't you the person that originally started this thread with a message talking partially about Hollenbach's NFL future?

I actually think the skins wanted dqwell jackson last year but browns picked him right before us, and as i stated before somewhere MD has some promising prospects coming up, heywardbey, lattimore, henderson II (lol) and ball is even maybe on a high enough level

and next year the possibility of Josh Portis being QB (Clinton's cousin)
Not actually Clinton's cousin. He cleared that up last spring on the Sports Junkies.

I think this is just kind of a silly thread in general since you might as well say it about any school that has a decent football program. Hell, I go to Florida State, and I think we all realize the history they have in producing NFL players (rivaled only by Miami and Ohio State for the past 10 years in amount of players drafted), but I don't think the Skins should exclusively draft from here either. I don't think it matters where they draft from, whether it's local to D.C. or from USC or Texas, who really cares as long as they're drafting period and not trading the picks away, and they drafting quality guys to fill the needs.

Everyone disregard this post... he mentioned GTP... (i go to gonzaga)
Gonzaga...give me a friggin' break...go O'Connell Knights babyyyy!

The NFL did not site Frank for any wrong doing. He was let go because of his spat with Norv Turner, and reporting late to one practice.

If you are talking about steroid and drugs, there are other players in the league who have done far worse - and, what's stinks is that they are in the Hall of Fame. Can anyone say Lawrence Taylor?

Want someone closer to home Dexter Manley! That guy couldn't even read, and he graduated from college!!

The NFL did not site Frank for any wrong doing. He was let go because of his spat with Norv Turner, and reporting late to one practice.

If you are talking about steroid and drugs, there are other players in the league who have done far worse - and, what's stinks is that they are in the Hall of Fame. Can anyone say Lawrence Taylor?

Want someone closer to home Dexter Manley! That guy couldn't even read, and he graduated from college!!

Wrong. He was suspended for 4 games for testing positive for steroids.

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=9A07E7DF1130F933A05752C1A962958260

And I couldn't disagree more with your stance that his transgression was minor. In the world of competitive sports steroids is the worst drug IMO. It gives you an advantage over your fellow players who don't use illegal drugs. Cocaine and marijuana do the opposite. It's a bigger deal in baseball because numbers are so important but it's still huge in football.

As someone already posted that's incorrect. Wycheck was suspended for 4 games during season, and then let go. Here's the quote on the situation from http://www.webskins.org/draft93.html "Wycheck's problems were off the field more than they were on. Early in his Redskin career he tested positive for steroids. He denied ever using steroids, however; the league still suspended him for part of the '94 season. He only played in a combined 18 games for the Redskins in his two years making only 23 catches in that time period. After the '94 season the Redskins gave him his walking papers."

He only played in a combined 18 games for the Redskins in his two years making only 23 catches in that time period. After the '94 season the Redskins gave him his walking papers."

Add to that the fact that he wasn't a true tight end. He was more of an H-Back and Norval didn't use one.

Archived