Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Colin Cowherd

andyburd

I was listening to the Herd yesterday and he was saying there is no way the Skins were and should have been in the playoffs. He said they were no good, I usually don't call these guys, but i did. I tried to make the point that we were dead to the world at 5-6, and won five straight, 3 against NFC east rivals.and scored 30+ points in those three games. Also that we were very close to winning in Denver and KC. He just shrugged it off, and said your offense was terrible. And we were lucky. Why is it that when a team like Dallas plays a few bad games, they are still contender, but not us. It floors me how little respect we get around the country

Maybe he's right? I mean, we have a geriatric, washed-up old coach, a mediocre defense, a lousy running back/wide receiver combo, and a geriatric, washed up QB. Come to think of it, how did we get in the playoffs?

Must have been luck.

OR, ... Cowherd is a dope, and knows nothing about the pros. I will give him some respect for his college knowledge, but he knows very little about the NFL.

I stopped listening to him almost immediately because of this.

Cowlidump may be the worst radio guy in the country. Not saying this cuz what he said about the Skins but his show is labeled as a SPORTS talk show and he talks about garbage unrelated to sports for the majority of the time. His voice is extremely annoying to begin with.

Saying the Redskins didnt deserve to make the playoffs is like saying that Manning is better than Tom Brady...just an ignorant statement. He is also one of those guys who thinks the Whitesox were the worst MLB champ ever.

He wants sexy teams to do big things...thats all.

He will hate it if the Denver Broncos win it all.

He is complete garbage.

If the Redskins suck than what are the Giants???? We beat them at the end of the year then THEY laid a literal goose egg at HOME vs. Carolina after all their hype. F-him.

I only get one station in my cubicle at my office, and his show is on from 10-12. I don't really care for that show, and I stopped getting riled up about stiff like this a long time ago.

Although I must say, I did crack up when Beano cook was on talking about the World Baseball Classic, and said this gem "I hope AROD doesn't come up for us with runners on against Taipei!"

He just shrugged it off, and said your offense was terrible. And we were lucky.

So I guess the Ravens didn't deserve to be in the playoffs and eventually win the Super Bowl a few years ago because their offense was worse than us.

It's better to be lucky than good.

Just curious, did he mention the team that were more deserving than the Skins?

the toughest strength of schedule

best strength of victory

#9 defense, #11 offense

won 6 straight (4 on the road) including 3 straight NFC East rivals

1 bad call from being NFC East Champs #2 seed

every loss but 1 by 7 points or less

beat all 4 NFC division champs

5-1 NFC East record, 11-3 conference record including playoffs

broke single season team marks in rushing, and receiving, and TE/H-back receptions

QB over 3000 yards, 24 TDs, only 10 ints (had 5 of those in 2 games)

Pro bowl LT & WR, an all pro RG before breaking his leg

during 6 games streak defense allowed an avg of less than 12 points a game, +18 turnovers

yep just lucky :laugh:

the toughest strength of schedule

best strength of victory

#9 defense, #11 offense

won 6 straight (4 on the road) including 3 straight NFC East rivals

1 bad call from being NFC East Champs #2 seed

every loss but 1 by 7 points or less

beat all 4 NFC division champs

5-1 NFC East record, 11-3 conference record including playoffs

broke single season team marks in rushing, and receiving, and TE/H-back receptions

QB over 3000 yards, 24 TDs, only 10 ints (had 5 of those in 2 games)

Pro bowl LT & WR, an all pro RG before breaking his leg

during 6 games streak defense allowed an avg of less than 12 points a game, +18 turnovers

yep just lucky :laugh:

Bubba, You da man!!!!:cheers:

This coming from the same guy who when talking about the Indy/Pitt game said that Indy would be rusty, then said Seattle would be fresh and ready:laugh:

He contradicts himself all the time but is still funny once in awhile. Take no stock in his comments, man.

I take the show for the entertainment and sports mix and think he is actually quite funny. He doesn't have the greatest sports knowledge though. All in all I like the show! His opinion is just one and he is just stirring the pot. If they had won against Seattle he would be saying how unwatchable the game was going to be!

Cowherd loves to stir the pot in all subjects. I kinda like him. All I know is that next year we will win three more games than we did this year.

I don't know about that. You have to think that the Giants and Dalas will be pretty good teams next year. And I think Philly Will be real good, especially if they get a new reciever. We will be in the hardest division in football next year by far so it will be tough. As long as sean taylor doesn't go to jail, and because we signed Al Saunders are team is going to be much improved next year.

Archived