Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are the Patriots still cheating?

HRNY4ZRNY

Would like to here what people think about this. I have no evidence.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_National_Football_League_videotaping_controversy

Specter requested the meeting despite the fact that Belichick had admitted to taping signals dating back to 2000 was reported by ESPN on September 14, 2007

So from 2000 to 2007 he admitted he cheated.

Now of course they are not cheating yet Brady has the most TD's in the NFL and the least amount of INT's. The Patriots are also 13 and 2.After the Patriots are found cheating they go 16 and 0 in the regular season and if there wasnt a crazy miracle catch by the Giants they most likely win the super bowl.

The Patriots destroy the Bills, the Bears, the Jets 115 to 13. 115 to 13 !!

Look Im really not trying to make this thread for attention. Im struggling with a simple concept.

How does a team get exponentially better after being caught cheating? Did they all of a sudden decide to do the right thing, work hard, out gameplan opponents. Why couldnt they just do this before and not have to cheat in the first place.

Is their anyway a cheater can be caught cheating evolve and just cheat better?

Or are the Patriots just the smartest team ever?

Help me with this... Tell me what you know... How did they cheat before? Getting defensive calls from opponents right?

It just doesn't make sense and NO ONE questions it...

115 to 13 doesn't just show good offense, it shows amazing defense. Any time you hold 3 teams combined to 13 points, it's a great feat.

I wouldn't be surprised if they figured out a way to "not understand the rules" again, because their defense is playing out of this world. I'm not saying they are, I just wouldn't be surprised.

I would like to think they are not but I agree with your points.

I am of the opinion that the NFL was too soft on the Patriots. Belichick should have been dismissed from football and the Super Bowl championships nullified. The games were too close to not have cheating be the difference in the games.

If the NFL would have come down that hard on the Patriots the possibility of future cheating would have diminished greatly.

i wish they were ... i wish we could sit here and say yes.

cause that way i would not have the knowledge in my head that there is a team as good as them out there.

but alas ... i would have to say no.

they are just that damn good man.

you see their draft for next year? 6 picks in the first three rounds? they get rid of moss and get better? they sign woodhead and he's a star, wtf man? Branch goes bye bye, comes back and lights it up?

THEY LOSE BRADY FOR THE SEASON A FEW YEARS AGO AND GO 10-6?

Look at KC? their OC, DC and GM are all direct patriot links ...how did that work out?

brady and bellichek sold their souls to the devil, that's what it is. i guess that is cheating right?

i wish they were ... i wish we could sit here and say yes.

cause that way i would not have the knowledge in my head that there is a team as good as them out there.

but alas ... i would have to say no.

they are just that damn good man.

you see their draft for next year? 6 picks in the first three rounds? they get rid of moss and get better? they sign woodhead and he's a star, wtf man?

brady and bellichek sold their souls to the devil, that's what it is. i guess that is cheating right?

But if we were cheating, The Redskins... Some of our no name guys would be great. Keiland Williams could be just as good as Woodhead if we knew they were playing pass and we called a run.

Are these guys like Woodhead just good because they are put in perfect situations?

---------- Post added December-29th-2010 at 05:34 PM ----------

Answer this...

If the Patriots are this freaking good and we can all agree they are...

Why did they ever feel the need to cheat in the first place?

---------- Post added December-29th-2010 at 05:38 PM ----------

Also the NFL destroyed the tapes... Why would the NFL do this?

Because they said "Oh my god if the fans truly find out how much the Pats were cheating then they would be pissed if we didnt take the superbowls away."

And if that happened the NFL would have 3 tainted superbowls and the awesomeness of the NFL would be blemished.

---------- Post added December-29th-2010 at 05:40 PM ----------

If you have a friend cheating on tests and they are getting A's and B's,

They get caught cheating and then after are getting A plus's and are still excellent why wouldnt you think they just learned a new way to cheat?

---------- Post added December-29th-2010 at 05:42 PM ----------

If Bellichek is that good than Snyder should throw all the money at him...

100 million for Haynesworth?

Give 100 million to Bellichek... Money way better spent if he is the genius everyone says he is.

Here's my guess:

The Patriots are the best team of the last decade, with one of the most brilliant defensive minds and organizational coaches in football (at the professional or college level) as their HC, arguably the best QB of the decade, very consistent and successful scouting and player acquisition to fit their needs, and overall, they're just a really damn good bunch of players/coaches/managers.

Not much more to it than that.

This is all conspiracy theory nonsense.

So you think it's just a wild coincidence that Belichik disciple Josh McDaniels was caught with a team employee doing something similar?

I think that tells me that New England's cheating practices were likely systemic. My belief is they've found other ways to cheat, and we may or may never know about it. First of all, I think their videotaping was likely the tip of the iceberg. It's what they got caught doing, but that doesn't mean it's all they were doing.

I think Belichik is just the type of guy to try to figure out what else he can get away with to illegally get an edge.

I'm of the opinion that Belichick's just gotten better as a coach and executive with every year he's been with the Patriots (I'll agree thought that the Josh McDaniels fiasco looks bad for him). However, I am with rebornempowered: Belichick got off way too easy with Spygate. I'll never see him as one of the greatest coaches of all-time because of this, and I'll always think of Roger Goodell as nothing more than a joke (it's an absolute piss-take that he could be so transparent with the Favre-Sterger investigation but let the public know next to nothing about his investigation of the Patriots).

I've never understood all the hate for the Patriots and Belichick.

I stopped worrying about calling them cheaters when they had their best season (except for the Superbowl) AFTER they had been exposed.

People need to just let it go. They're a good team, Brady's a great QB, and Belichick's an amazing coach.

And if they are cheating why wouldn't they be even better than they've been?

And why focus on them and none of the other successful teams?

They deserve credit getting Brady in the 6th round. However, the record shows Belicheat to be no better at picking people in the draft than others (see previous threads on ES.). I lean toward his offensive line picks, as I usually do with every team I look at. They give Brady enough time that he can sit back and wait for receivers to come open, The second advantage seems to be the people that help study the film. They just seem better prepared for the teams they face. Eiher they are better at recognizing their opponents weaknesses or they are better at preparing their players.

I am convinced they beat Philadelphia in their one Suer Bowl appearance against each other because they intercepted the Iggles signals. They seemed to know every time the Iggles were running a screen. However, other than that one game, I think preparation of their players is what wins out.

...Or are the Patriots just the smartest team ever?
The Belichik/Ernie Adams combination have brainpower unmatched in the history of the NFL. They built a dynasty in an era when the NFL rules were geared to achieve parity and dynasties were not supposed to be possible.

Here's my guess:

The Patriots are the best team of the last decade, with one of the most brilliant defensive minds and organizational coaches in football (at the professional or college level) as their HC, arguably the best QB of the decade, very consistent and successful scouting and player acquisition to fit their needs, and overall, they're just a really damn good bunch of players/coaches/managers.

Not much more to it than that.

I tend to agree. I think the complainers are fans of teams less successful than the Patriots who have to find some way to justify how great they really are.

It's secretive stuff like this that makes people wary of the Patriots accomplishments:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2008/02/03/adamss_role_its_top_secret/?page=1

"His name is Adams. Ernie Adams.

"Nobody knows who he is," said former Patriots coach Chuck Fairbanks, who gave Adams his first NFL job in 1975. "But Bill Belichick has a righthand man, and it's Ernie Adams."

One of the most influential and unrecognizable difference-makers in New England sports, Adams is Belichick's best friend and most trusted adviser in football, the genius behind the gridiron genius, a mystery man whose fingerprints are all over the Patriots' mini-dynasty yet is all but unknown beyond Gillette Stadium.

Adams, who played football at Andover with Belichick, reports directly to the Patriots coach - he speaks into his headset during games - and has his hands on so many facets of the organization that even the team's top assistants struggle to define his role. His official title is football research director.

Asked to describe how Adams contributes to the Patriots, assistant head coach Dante Scarnecchia said, "Who?"

"Ernie Adams," he was told.

"Oh . . . well, yeah, OK," he said. "I don't know. Ask Bill."

Defensive coordinator Dean Pees said, "You really would have to ask Bill."

Surely, Scott Pioli, the vice president of player personnel, would know. Pioli also worked with Belichick and Adams for the Cleveland Browns, whose owner, Art Modell, once famously declared, "I'll pay anyone here $10,000 if they can tell me what Ernie Adams does."

So, Mr. Pioli, what does Adams do?

"Some of that information is top secret," he said, smiling.

Former Patriots receiver Christian Fauria described Adams's role as "very mysterious."

It's secretive stuff like this that makes people wary of the Patriots accomplishments:

It's pretty clear to me that the article you're referencing is playing up the "mysterious" bit and almost has a tongue-in-cheek sarcasm to it. Maybe it's just me, though. :whoknows:

Wow beans just wow.

Ernie freakin Adams

The dude was involved with Spygate, my point was that nobody knows what he really does, other than cheat and give football advice to Belicheck. This can make the imagination run wild.

---------- Post added December-30th-2010 at 10:09 AM ----------

It's pretty clear to me that the article you're referencing is playing up the "mysterious" bit and almost has a tongue-in-cheek sarcasm to it. Maybe it's just me, though. :whoknows:

I agree.

My issue is that, now that everything is being sent over a radio signal to the helmet of the defense AND offense it's actually very simple to be able to intercept those signals. In fact, anyone on their sidelines could be wearing a set of headphones and wearing a receiver tuned to the frequency of their opponent and, if be able to tell the HC or OC what the defense called, relay that to the QB and there wouldn't be any video camera or any way for the other team to prove that it ever happened.

It wouldn't even look out of the ordinary to see an opposing coach with a headset, so it would be completely impossible to detect.

Archived