Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Okung gone, Bradford available, what's your scenario now?

KevinthePRF

Do you still draft Bradford, draft someone else? Here's my dream scenario...

1. I'd like a trade down with SF for the 13th and 49th pick this year, and a conditional 3rd, 4th rounder for next year depending on how Bradford pans out for them in 2010.

2. Trade Jason Campbell to the Raiders for the 69th pick.

then...

13th-Bruce Campbel(OT)l, Trent Williams(OT), Anthony Davis(OT)

49th-Jason Worilds(DE), Javid Best(RB), Ben Tate(RB), Jared Veldheer(OT)

69th-Jon Asamoah(OG), Jon Jerry(OG), Tim Tebow(QB)

Summary, we've rocuoped everything we gave away in the McNaab trade, plus got a third for Campbell who is no longer needed.

Essentially we moved from 4 to 13 and picked up a third for acquiring McNaab.

Of course, with Okung on the board I would be tempted just to stand pat.

Do you still draft Bradford, draft someone else? Here's my dream scenario...

1. I'd like a trade down with SF for the 13th and 49th pick this year, and a conditional 3rd, 4th rounder for next year depending on how Bradford pans out for them in 2010.

2. Trade Jason Campbell to the Raiders for the 69th pick.

then...

13th-Bruce Campbel(OT)l, Trent Williams(OT), Anthony Davis(OT)

49th-Jason Worilds(DE), Javid Best(RB), Ben Tate(RB), Jared Veldheer(OT)

69th-Jon Asamoah(OG), Jon Jerry(OG), Tim Tebow(QB)

Summary, we've rocuoped everything we gave away in the McNaab trade, plus got a third for Campbell who is no longer needed.

Essentially we moved from 4 to 13 and picked up a third for acquiring McNaab.

Of course, with Okung on the board I would be tempted just to stand pat.

Okung not there at 4 and I would be ok with trading down for picks but absolutely NO way we get the 69th for Jason. Maybe for Carter and Jason or just Carter.

Okung not there at 4 and I would be ok with trading down for picks but absolutely NO way we get the 69th for Jason. Maybe for Carter and Jason or just Carter.

I will admit that's an optimistic pick to obtain for Jason. I'd count on the fact this is a quarterback hungry league to drive his trade value above his actual value. And I think the Raiders would be the only team silly enough to give something that high away for him.

Why would San Francisco trade that much to move up. They are pretty happy with Smith who looks like he is finally turning the corner and healthy. They are a RT away from winning the NFC West.

I don't know what the exact points cost in relation, but I think it's fair value considering what the Jets gave the Browns to move up and get Sanchez. And if they are truly happy with Smith, (I'm surely not sold on the guy), then fill in the next best suitor. They seem a logical choice since they already have another first rounder to shell out money to.

Russellmania09

Just spoke to a high level source...the McNabb trade does NOT 100 % rule out drafting a QB # 4 for #Redskins

Russellmania09

The high level source said that if a QB like Sam Bradford were still to be at # 4..it would be a very tough decision #Redskins

Tons of QBs, but no offensive line. Wonderful. Nice to see our organization has their priorities in the right place. :doh:

Personally, I think there is very little chance that Bradford is there. Even if he is, such talk might be there to stimulate trade talks with other teams, basically threatening to pick him if someone doesn't make a deal for him.

Let me play Socrates and follow up with another question to those that still take Bradford:

Do you believe offensive line is not a need of the Washington Redskins?

If we take Bradford, our remaining selections are 4th round, then 5th and finally 7th. We only have 4 picks for the entire draft, only one of which is in the top 100 (4th overall). You can show me that the Saints and Colts' lines were comprised of cast offs and late picks, but you have to realize, there was a lot of sifting out to do. Just because they had late round guys doesn't mean we can just sign an UDFA and automatically he's Jeff Saturday.

We take Okung or, preferably, trade back. There's not much flexibility with that IMO.

Trading down would be my first choice, but youre scenario is a dream. First, even Al Davis wouldn't give a 2nd round pick for Campbell.

Trade down and Trade both Andre Carter and Jason Campbell:

First choice, trade down and pick up an OT in the first and OT/RB/LB in the second round and third round.

If Bradford and Clausen are there teams will come calling us now instead of trading ahead of us, are obvious need at QB is sured up so they won't think we will choose a QB @ 4. I can't wait to see who gets dealt next and for what, also watch for things to happen after this upcoming mini camp before the draft they are still evaluating players on our roster and other teams roster!

BPA or trade down and then go BPA. Drafting to fill seemingly glaring short term needs is why we have Carlos Rogers and not DeMarcus Ware, why we gave up an ass ton to select Rocky McIntosh, and why we ended up choosing LaRon Landry instead of Patrick Willis, Adrian Peterson, or Darrelle Revis after the Archuletta debacle.

Resigning McNabb will give us years we couldn't get from a lameduck Campbell. We have time to rebuild this franchise the right way now.

Archived