Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rick Maese via Twitter: Portis Questionable for Sunday?!

MattFancy

that dude is overrated...has been for a few years now. So there is no significant loss if he doesn't play

Portis might not be the home-run hitter, but he's a very good back. Moreover, he's certainly much better than anyone else on the roster. Ladell, Rock, Marcus, and Anthony are not feature backs, and if you think the loss of Portis isn't a big deal, you need to watch tape of those other backs in pass protection.

He has broke two nice runs already this season but a home run once in a while would be nice.

I really don't believe he has the speed for a "home run" run anymore. If you look back, he has had some hole the size of trucks to run through but once he gets into the secondary he is always getting caught from behind by DB's. I like CP, but he is starting to make me question. We gave him a lot of carries over the years, he might be worn out.

Look back to his first run as a redskin vs tamps bay, there was no way he was ever going to be caught from behind.

Alridge was drafted by Shannahan. He was recommended to Vinny by Shannahan. I have a sneaking feeling that resigning Alridge is forshadowing something...

Now THAT is what I call a reach. :hysterical:

Betts and Mason can handle the hard nose running without much drop off. I expected Alridge to come in as that change of pace back we have needed for so long anyway. It's up to him to earn a steady roll. Hopefully he gets it done on Sunday.

Alridge was drafted by Shannahan. He was recommended to Vinny by Shannahan. I have a sneaking feeling that resigning Alridge is forshadowing something...

Vinny-- " Mike, would you please come coach our floundering, aging, team with no QB?"

Mike-- "Only on one condition, you have to acquire the great Anthony Aldridge!"

Archived