Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1970s TV flashback: Sha Na Na

LApunkrocker72

One of my favorite TV shows during my childhood years was "Sha Na Na."

I thought "Sha Na Na" was a fun show. Though some people dismiss Sha Na Na as a novelty act, I thought they were genuinely talented. I thought most of their renditions of classic 50s and 60s rock tunes were superb. And while their comedy skits weren't exactly award-winning, I thought the skits were mostly amusing.

"Sha Na Na" was a popular topic of conversation among my elementary school friends. We would talk about our favorite Sha Na Na songs and our favorite Sha Na Na members. My favorites included Bowser, Donny, Santini and Screaming Scott.

Any other Sha Na Na fans in ES land?

I wanted to watch that song SO BADLY for a long time, but I always had to do chores or something instead.

Then I finally got to see it one day, and thought it mostly sucked. What a disappointment. It was no "Rags to Riches" or "Fame," that's for sure.

Actually, "Fame" kind of sucked too. But "Rags to Riches" was money because of all the girls on the show. It was a total "Annie" ripoff, but with pretty girls instead of stupid little orphans that nobody cares about. As an elementary schooler, I could have watched that show all day long.

I really like Doo Wop, so I always liked Sha Na Na too. I can't believe they played at Woodstock of all places.

I saw one of those Time-Life infomercials with all the fifties music (thec only infomercials I'll even consider watching, and I do like those.) and Bowser was the host with Dyan Cannon.

He is exactly the same, and I found it rather funny all over again.

~Bang

"Goodnight sweetheart,well it's time to go...."

Loved that show as a kid growing up. After checking out the links Disco Dave posted....damn I'm gettin old...:silly:

Yept your over the hill.:rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better I watched The Monkees when I was a kid.:D

Sha na na, Baa Baa Blacksheep, Hogan's Hero's reruns, Happy Days, Mork and Mindy, Creature Feature. The list could keep going but we had it WAY better than kids today as far as quality and, yeah, wholesomeness. :cool:

Hell even sneaking out of your room to watch SNL around the corner was light years better than anything on late night now.

High School Musical? WTF?

"Goodnight sweetheart,well it's time to go...."

Loved that show as a kid growing up. After checking out the links Disco Dave posted....damn I'm gettin old...:silly:

and that is a song that will ALWAYS remind me of my childhood.

I have seen them touring several times and they were pretty good. People really get in to the shows and everyone just sings along.

Archived