Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Report Card: Redskins vs Cowboys, week 4.

Cherick

WOW!! I should just round it up to A++ all the way around the Depth Chart!!

But, here I go.

Offense: A. This was just AWESOME!! The only issues that keep me from the "+" is the penalties, other than that this was SCARY EFFICIENT!!

Jason Campbell gets A+, Portis A+, Moss A+. Jason Campbell's name should be mention right up there with the best in the NFL from now on, way to make a statement!!

Defense: A. We have just contained the "best offense" in the NFL!! nuff said!

Special Teams: A. FGs made, nice punts, good coverage!!

Coaching: A. Excellent gameplan by Jim Zorn!!

I have to agree. The only bad spot was Casey Rabach and his penalties that called back 2 touchdowns. If we had gotten one of those TDs, the boys would have been further demoralized.

The best of the best? For the 3rd straight game, Jason Campbell has been in the position to take the knee to end the game on the last possession. We've been making the 3rd downs at the most important times and that's a huge improvement over the last several years. :dallasuck

Sorry but the pooch kick off to start the 3rd was really a dumb play. But other than that the ST's played well.

Oh yeah, you're right, I actually forgot about that one!

I guess it was an attempt to catch them off guard just like Gibbs did once with an onside kick to start the 3rd.

For the 3rd straight game, Jason Campbell has been in the position to take the knee to end the game on the last possession. We've been making the 3rd downs at the most important times and that's a huge improvement over the last several years.

It was that 7 minute drive in the 4th that buried 'em.

(I was in the chat room, chanting "Riggo Drill" over and over again.)

I'd give them straight A's overall. The penalties are something to worry about, but you've gotta remember that we were playing on enemy territory and so its kinda hard to prevent penalites....especially the second one against Rabach, and being that the first one was a non-existent hold, I can't really penalize him for those.

The main questions I had about it was the pooch punt to start the 3rd, and the prevent defense to end the game. The prevent worked and we won, so I'm not as mad about that. The pooch kickoff didn't but I'm not gonna lower their grade for it.

Offense A- We moved the ball well but finishing drives has still been an issue ie fieldgoals vs TD's

Defense A We dominated the run game and a portion of those 300 passing yards is because prevent defense at end of halfs

ST A brooks has improved, suishm made his kicks (not always a guarntee)

Coaching A+--- Zorn has impressed me to no end i think he could be a long term coach here--- adjusts well after week 1 --- moving the ball like i said before only improvment id like to see is more TD's than FG's

What I love the most is that in the first half, Zorn adjusted his offense to not allow the Dallas rush to effect us. Then he was able to keep them guessing. That was just beautiful.

Then in the second half, it was Gibbs-esque. It was like they knew (or kinda knew) we were gonna run to run out the clock, and we were able to do it anyway. Thats something that irritated me in the red zone, but on that long 7:00 drive, I was very pleased.

Maybe I am missing something, but didn't Moss have a couple of drops in the first half that were drive killers? Other than those drops he played great, however, I think he earns a little lower than an A+. He was awesome, but he could have been better.

Not trying to be a downer, I really think the team played great overall!!! Including Moss!

The best of the best? For the 3rd straight game, Jason Campbell has been in the position to take the knee to end the game on the last possession. :dallasuck

What a difference!! How good it feels to end the games with kneel downs, instead of in panic mode in 4th downs!

Offense: A- They could have performed better in the red zone. Campbell was nearly flawless, and running game set the tone in the second half.

Defense: B+ Stuffed the run, and the scoreboard forced Dallas to throw a disproportionate amount. Gave up an easy touchdown at the end, and allowed 300 yards passing. For the most part, kept one of league's best offenses off balance and forced them throw.

Special Teams: B+. 4 field goals, one that barely counted. Crappy pooch kickoff to start the 2nd half. No big returns allowed, no big returns by Rock or Randel-El.

Coaches: A. No explanation needed.

Archived