Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FoxSports: 32 burning questions for each NFL team - Don't Sleep On The Skins!!!!

zCommander

Read this if you are taking a break from voting:

by Peter Schrager

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8303794/32-burning-questions-for-each-NFL-team?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=5

Washington Redskins

Q: Aside from Joe Gibbs, what other big pieces did Washington lose in the off-season?

A: Umm ... nothing. In fact, all 22 starters from last year's NFC Wildcard team are back for '08. Washington also added two intriguing names on defense — oft-injured DE Erasmus James and workhorse safety Stuart Schweigert. Add in all those wideouts from the draft and you have a pretty exciting squad. Everyone's talking Dallas and New York in the NFC East this year. Don't sleep on the 'Skins.

Philadelphia Eagles

Q: Was Jon Runyan the happiest guy in the world when news of Michael Strahan's retirement became official?

A: Runyan told the Philadelphia Daily News last week, "Retirement doesn't mean anything. All you've got to do is sign back up and you can play again ... As of now, he's done. Anything can change; people get hurt. Money persuades people. We'll see." In other words — he'll believe it when he sees it.

New York Giants

Q: When will the Giants retire Tiki Barber's No. 21?

A: They won't be. Rookie Kenny Phillips will be wearing No. 21 this season for New York. Maybe "The Today Show" will retire the oven mits Tiki used in his latest enthralling cooking segment, though.

Dallas Cowboys

Q:So many personalities. Is the Cowboys' locker room doomed?

A: I'm currently ripping through an advanced copy of Jeff Pearlman's latest book Boys Will Be Boys — a tell-all on the Jimmy Johnson-era Cowboys — and if those personalities could all mesh and win three Super Bowl titles, this team surely can too. Those guys make this group look like a bunch of choir boys. In truth, winning breeds happiness. And as long as T.O.'s getting the ball, the Cowboys are winning and the fans are happy with the product — this motley crew will be just fine.

GET BACK TO VOTING NOW!!!:silly:

Finally an unbiased opinion. I'm hoping the NFC does sleep on us.

*He didn't even mention the offensive draft we had.

"Those guys make this group look like a bunch of choir boys. In truth, winning breeds happiness. ":laugh:

He did, he said "add in all those wideouts from the draft"

Its funny because the only negative thing people have been saying about our team is in the uncertainty because a new coach.

In my point of view, with Zorn and a few players, we've only gained ground.

Completely agree...I think Zorn gives us more stability in that there is one Chief and the rest Indians running the Redskins....haha

I never understood why having a new coach is in many peoples eyes is a bad thing, and always leads to a bad season. Chargers got Norv, great team, Dallas got Wade philups, 13-3 record.

If anything, the only thing that I am concerned about is JC, and how he respondes.

Finally an unbiased opinion. I'm hoping the NFC does sleep on us.

*He didn't even mention the offensive draft we had.

"Those guys make this group look like a bunch of choir boys. In truth, winning breeds happiness. ":laugh:

He did mention the addition of the WR's fyi.

I never understood why having a new coach is in many peoples eyes is a bad thing, and always leads to a bad season. Chargers got Norv, great team, Dallas got Wade philups, 13-3 record.

If anything, the only thing that I am concerned about is JC, and how he respondes.

Agreed. It's the 2nd year recently where the new head coaches lose some ground. The 1st year is pivotal, but the 2nd might be even moreso.

Zorn however has no coordinator or head coaching experience, which the above mentioned 2 had both. However i do like Zorn, He seems organized and has a fire for the game. Even though he's pretty laid back you can sense his spirit for winning football. And another thing i noticed. I can't totally remember what players were saying about the offense when Saunders came on board, but i remember players just talking about needing to learn the offense. With Zorn, the players are letting on much enthusiam and excitement about the offense. The players really seem to feel they can do big things this season. Of course they better have noses in playbooks, but i have a good feeling about the offense.

For some its not necessarily the whole "new coach" thing, its the fact that we got a new coach with no head coaching or coordinator or playcalling experience. If he is able to handle those responsibilities (minus coordinator) well, then we should be in for a good season. But there have been many coaches in the NFL who haven't been able to do that.

And another thing i noticed. I can't totally remember what players were saying about the offense when Saunders came on board, but i remember players just talking about needing to learn the offense.

Nah, back then it was pretty much the same stuff. They're paid to show love.

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=17998

"With the receivers we have outside, if we can get some quick scores, we can force defenses to really think and over-think about what we can do," Jansen said during the Redskins' mini-camp in June. "I think it will open up the inside for us and help make our jobs [in terms of run-blocking] easier.

"[Defenses] can't put eight or nine guys in the box. They can't blitz a whole lot of guys because they may want to stay in coverage. It's going to be interesting to see how teams prepare for us."

Well anyone can coach both those teams honestly.

Chargers: Put the ball in L.T.'s hands, pass it to Gates and Chambers.

Cowboys: Give it to one of the many weapons they have.

Both have solid Ds

With the Redskins, if we stay healthy we make the playoffs, which is easier said than done.

And losing breeds explosion. All they've got to do is lose a few and they're toast. They'll be pointing fingers at each other in no time.

Even though Zoen is a new coach, I am not too concerned. There's a reason for assistant and positional coaches. All the coaches will give input, and Zorn is the guy that brings them all together. From players to coaches Zorn has worked with, I've heard nothing bad. Our team seems to like him. I'm certainly excited for the season.

Archived