Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Prosecutors reportedly have witnesses that link Vick to dogfights

borninblood

Anyone, and I mean anyone, that has connections in the urban community of the Tidewater/Newport News area knows that Vick is dead to rights...if they want him. The guy has been doing this and things like this since day one. In fact, the "dog" thing may end up being the least of his troubles. A whole lot more happened at that house besides "dog stuff". Time will tell.

He wont be banned. But if this is for real, I think that he needs to be suspended for the entire season. Because, unlike Pacman Jones, he would have actually been convicted. I'm sure Jones is watching this case to see what happens.

Yeah and since Jones is suspended for one season wothout a conviction, then Vick should at least be suspended for the upcoming season and some of 2008.

He wont be banned. But if this is for real, I think that he needs to be suspended for the entire season. Because, unlike Pacman Jones, he would have actually been convicted. I'm sure Jones is watching this case to see what happens.

Mark my words.... BANNED

Ol' Roger will lead him to the slaughter

Informants mean nothing. People facing charges, especially with the Feds, will get together and will work out who they're going to snitch on so they get a good deal with their case. It happens ALL the time. Especially now with drug conspiracy charges, the feds don't need any evidence outside of a couple of snitches and they'll bury someone for 10-15 years. Fortunately for Vick he has money to get a REAL lawyer. I'm not saying he's innocent because I don't know, but I am withholding judgment until it's all said and done.

I'm not saying he's innocent because I don't know, but I am withholding judgment until it's all said and done.

I agree with that.

I want to wait and see what happens before condeming the guy. But if he's found guilty of even half the stuff they are saying about him, he should be banned and I hope gets serious jailtime not only as punishment but to send a message to those who don't "get it"................talking to you Clinton.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, that has connections in the urban community of the Tidewater/Newport News area knows that Vick is dead to rights...if they want him. The guy has been doing this and things like this since day one. In fact, the "dog" thing may end up being the least of his troubles. A whole lot more happened at that house besides "dog stuff". Time will tell.

Code and I have wondered why it took so long for this to come out.

I have connections in the "Urban community" and I have not heard anything about Vick and dog fighting. I heard of people who are not affiliated with the "Urban community" being busted for such activities. Dog Fighting has 3 tiers Professional, Recreational and street. All races who have attended such events have been or will eventually be busted. :fortune:

I hope he is banned from football period if he is found guilty of this

I hope, if he is found guilty, that he gets way less punishment than Pacman Jones, who commits violence against HUMANS not dogs.

I hope, if he is found guilty, that he gets way less punishment than Pacman Jones, who commits violence against HUMANS not dogs.

I agree pacman should be held accountable if found guilty of things he has been accused of.. but he hasn't has he?

Vick owned the house, the dead dogs buried in the back yard and there are witnesses. That's game-set-match right there. More people will come forward as well. Its all a matter of how much the prosecution is going to presue this.

Animal cruelty (torture, etc) is one issue, but dogfighting is also illegal gambling and organized crime activity, all of which took place at his house with him present (in theory).

I hope he gets 2 years suspension.

It's not Pacman Jones, Chris Henry or Tank Johnson who could define NFL commissioner Roger Goodell's tenure as league disciplinarian. It's Michael Vick.

The Atlanta quarterback is the face of the Falcons franchise -- the club's highest-paid, best-known and, until recently, most marketable player. But he's also the face of the NFL, on stage at this year's draft when the league honored Vick's alma mater, Virginia Tech.

Michael Vick might walk away from his latest flap unscathed. (Getty Images)

Vick's name has cachet, which means the NFL has more than a passing interest in what happens to him. But its interest in Vick now centers on an alleged dogfighting ring at a Virginia home Vick owned, and what, if any, involvement Vick had with it.

If there's a direct connection, Vick is cooked. Dogfighting is a felony in Virginia, punishable by up to five years in prison, which means state authorities -- not Goodell -- would be Vick's immediate concern.

But what if there isn't a direct connection? What if there is little more than suspicion, accusations and innuendo? Well, then we have a delicate case for the commissioner.

Essentially, he would be asked to weigh in on the case of someone who seems to be spinning out of control yet hasn't committed a crime. It was Vick who was stopped at a Miami airport when authorities there seized a water bottle that contained a suspicious substance.

Rest of Article

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/sportsline/main10203296.shtml

I predict, no conviction, but suspension for 24 games, and it will go to court. Vick when he returns, will be returning kick offs (a super Randle El) as he is not a cornerstone to build a team around, but I don't know, Atlanta hasn't shown the greatest foresight with this issue...

Pray tell.

Remember the reason that the police went there in the first place: drugs. They accidentally found the dogfighting.

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6627055

BREAKING - Investigators back on scene at Vick property

Investigators are back on the property in Surry Co. belonging to NFL star Michael Vick, where a Federal search warrant is being executed.

This is in connection with the ongoing investigation into the possible involvement of Vick in organized dog fighting.

Ten On Your Side has a crew on the scene and will bring you the latest beginning today on WAVY News 10 at Five.

Archived