Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I know exactly what's going to happen!

SantanaClaus89

My prediction is that they trade the #31 pick and their 08 first rounder to move back to last year's draft and select Rocky McIntosh. He's really super-smart.

LOL All jokes aside, I really am being serious. Given the history of bad moves involving trading draft picks I truly believe this is a real possibility.

If we could move up to around 12-15 that would actually be a pretty good deal... but they way the Skins trade picks I could see the deal going down with dreaded Denver to move to 21... :doh:

I'm not for mortgaging future draft picks, it leaves us with what we have this year. One pick on the first day. Unless you can guarentee a deep playoff run this year, which no one can, I'd rather keep our high picks next year. We may have another injury riddled disaster of a team. I sure would miss that top 10 pick next year.

Redskins trade for Briggs, then trade the 31st pick and next years first rounder to move up in the first round.

I don't particularly like that idea, but I can almost visualize it happening as we speak... anyone with me on this?

I agree with you 100%. But I actually like the idea. We need to make playoffs THIS year - do whatever it takes. I know we were 5-11 last year, but I feel like we are very close to be a damn competitive playoff team.

Well basically the Skins have already submitted the formal offer for Briggs to the Bears, so they're just waiting to see if Chicago will accept.

If Chicago does accept the deal, IMO a trade involving next year's first rounder to move up will almost CERTIANLY happen. I'm not questioning wether or not this would be a smart move, I'm just saying, given the Redskins drafting history, is there any one of us who really believes they would stay put at #31 and draft someone from there?

C'mon... you know your beloved FO better than that

I agree with you 100%. But I actually like the idea. We need to make playoffs THIS year - do whatever it takes. I know we were 5-11 last year, but I feel like we are very close to be a damn competitive playoff team.

It could be good if we make the right pick in the first round.

That said... I absolutely LOVE your sig! LOL:laugh:

Well since Gibbs apparently hinted at drafting up, and the Skins seem to have a woodie for CJ, let's see. We trade our #6 for Briggs, their 2nd rounder and their #31 pick. Then, we give the Browns a player, the #31 pick, our next year round 1 pick and this year's 2nd that we got from the bears to move up to 3 to get CJ. :laugh:

Well since Gibbs apparently hinted at drafting up, and the Skins seem to have a woodie for CJ, let's see. We trade our #6 for Briggs, their 2nd rounder and their #31 pick. Then, we give the Browns a player, the #31 pick, our next year round 1 pick and this year's 2nd that we got from the bears to move up to 3 to get CJ. :laugh:

And then the raiders take him at number 1. :laugh:

This year's first and next year's first would probably only net us something in the middle of the first round. The value of a pick next year is equivalent to this year, minus one round.

600 + 400something = 1000 and some change.

Which is about a mid-1st rounder.

Adam Carriker, possibly Jamaal Anderson since some have his stock slipping right now.

So... 2 first rounders in exchange for Lance Briggs and Carriker/Anderson or Jarvis Moss. Actually doesn't sound all that bad.

Redskins trade for Briggs, then trade the 31st pick and next years first rounder to move up in the first round.

I don't particularly like that idea, but I can almost visualize it happening as we speak... anyone with me on this?

I though about it, but where would the money come from?

Archived