Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One nice throw does not make a QB

jbooma

I know many on this board feel after watching that nice throw by Jason on Sunday should show how great he will be.

Just calm down there........

Remember after the first sweet crossing pattern that Ramsey through a long time ago, many on this board had him in the HOF before he ever completed a full season (which till this date has not happened). My point is yes Jason has a great arm, but he is not ready yet to be a #1 yet a #2 right now.

He needs more time, unlike Ramsey lets not rush this guy since Joe never rushs young QB's. If Collins is terrible this week again, then I would not be surprised to see the Skins get maybe another veteran to compete the rest of the camp.

Jason looked good, but he is not ready yet, and lets not destroy him like we might have done to Ramsey.

Gibbs didn't choose Ramsey. I have an unending amount of amazement and respect for Gibbs' ability to choose talent since his return to the NFL.

It was more than one nice throw too, I counted 5 very good plays of different kinds in the Preseason game, and another 3-4 in the scrimmage.

THe main difference IMO is that Ramsey bounced around in the pocket and danced too much. Campbell looks steady and poised. He made a couple of nice adjustments and did fairly well with the rush.

Strangely, he did not throw the ball directly at the defnesive line. I was a bit discouraged by that, but time will tell if he step it up.

Ramsey wasn't "destroyed" by being played too soon...he was destroyed by having his mechanics, field vision and pocket presense ****ed with by Spurrier and his ill-formed offensive scheme, and by unfortunately playing for two coaches who never wanted him in the first place...

Besides, "we" aren't doing anything to Jason Campbell other than showing enthusiasm...we could chant his name and desire him to be put in ahead of Brunell tomorrow and it wouldn't speed up the development program Gibbs has him under.

you say he needs more time? how much more time? he was a first rounder pick a few years ago now. He has had time. If he isnt ready now, he never will be. He needs to at least get his feet wet out there. You dont want brunell to go down and then he is forced into the starting qb roll without any expirience.

I know many on this board feel after watching that nice throw by Jason on Sunday should show how great he will be.

Remember after the first sweet crossing pattern that Ramsey through a long time ago, many on this board had him in the HOF before he ever completed a full season (which till this date has not happened). My point is yes Jason has a great arm, but he is not ready yet to be a #1 yet a #2 right now.

He needs more time, unlike Ramsey lets not rush this guy since Joe never rushs young QB's. If Collins is terrible this week again, then I would not be surprised to see the Skins get maybe another veteran to compete the rest of the camp.

Jason looked good, but he is not ready yet, and lets not destroy him like we might have done to Ramsey.

You're right Bill Lazor :rolleyes:

In my eyes, he's atleast the number 2 QB at this point. Number 1? Not yet but he's sadly ahead of Todd Collins in my book.

His poise and throws are nice, but he is still making the mistakes that will drive Joe crazy. I do wish they just start one of the preseason games with Jason just to see how he can handle the first unit.

It wouldn't surprise me to see Gibbs do just that on the last game of the preseason. We'll see.

All Campbell has to do to be on Brunell's level is take care of the ball. As we have seen, Campbell's physical skills are far better than Brunell's; It's obvious.

What has Brunell showed to give him the #1 QB position with no competition?

year 1: Nothing.

year 2: An ok performance but nothing worth mentioning besides 2 hail-marys during the dallas game. Our Defense has carried us not anything special Brunell has done. Brunell is a servicable QB...kinda like an Older Trent Dilfer.

THe main difference IMO is that Ramsey bounced around in the pocket and danced too much. Campbell looks steady and poised. He made a couple of nice adjustments and did fairly well with the rush.

Are you the one teaching my wife football? Because she dose not understand it at all and she said the same thing. Well if you're going to teach about football, can you please teach her how to make me breakfast every Sunday with a hot cup of coffee waiting for me on my T.V. Tray so I can watch my Redskins. :silly:

All Campbell has to do to be on Brunell's level is take care of the ball. As we have seen, Campbell's physical skills are far better than Brunell's; It's obvious.

year 2: An ok performance but nothing worth mentioning besides 2 hail-marys during the dallas game. Our Defense has carried us not anything special Brunell has done. Brunell is a servicable QB...kinda like an Older Trent Dilfer.

we were 1 game from the nfc championship with one weapon at wr, that is pretty good there, give Mark a chance with a lot more weapons and we will go further

Are you the one teaching my wife football? Because she dose not understand it at all and she said the same thing. Well if you're going to teach about football, can you please teach her how to make me breakfast every Sunday with a hot cup of coffee waiting for me on my T.V. Tray so I can watch my Redskins. :silly:

coffee, come on past 10 am it is beer time on sunday :D

'booma, did you actually watch the game? Assuming you did ... why in the world would you reduce what he's shown to date---or in that one half for that matter---to "one nice throw?" The man made several VERY "nice throws" against Cincy, as he does every time he hits the field.

Have you seen a movement suggesting people ARE implying that the one throw to Ortega seals his Hall of Fame candidacy?

His poise and throws are nice, but he is still making the mistakes that will drive Joe crazy. I do wish they just start one of the preseason games with Jason just to see how he can handle the first unit.

I expect to see him in there with a few of the 1st and 2nd teamers in that last preseason game. I remember Ramsey, in his rookie year, showing some of the poise that Campbell showed the other night. I think that the protection for JC will be a lot better than what Ramsey saw. Only time will tell how Campbell develops, but he shows a lot of promise.

you say he needs more time? how much more time? he was a first rounder pick a few years ago now. He has had time. If he isnt ready now, he never will be. He needs to at least get his feet wet out there. You dont want brunell to go down and then he is forced into the starting qb roll without any expirience.

"If he isn't ready now he never will be"

Thank goodness you don't coach

Um, but several nice throws do give an indication of a player having some talent. Perhaps you missed the other throws? The long pass to ortega, the drop by farris, the lazer to Espy...

Nobody is talking about moving him to #1(ok, ALMOST nobody). People seem to like to start threads and pick phantom opponents, makes for an easy arguement(its like me starting a thread bashing all the people who want to trade CP...).

False. Jason Campbell showed that he had the complete package on Sunday. Poise in the pocket, pocket presence, a rocket of an arm, great downfield vision, and the ability to scramble when needed. He deserves to be the #2 quarterback. Not to mention that he was in the game with a back up offensive line.

You obviously were not watching ANY of the Redskins games last year. Please review this:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1032

Yeah Brunell did not do anything that great!:doh:

Post your response when you get a clue.;)

Archived