Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One nice throw does not make a QB

jbooma

Pedro and Aquari0 are making beautiful music ... the best way for a QB to learn is not sitting on the bench, but getting reps on the field ... with the Skins offensive talent and nasty defense the risks are minimal ... he should start by the third game and I predict he will.

Whilst I wouldn't have a problem with JC starting game one if Mark is injured I am more than happy (and expecting) Mark to play the whole season and lead us to a SB win. As far as Jason is concerned I believe this regular season is about closing out games and preparing himself to step up to starter next year.

It's up to Jason to implement the coaches' instructions and make them sit down with Mark and tell him he is being switched to back up.... could be game 5, maybe game 10, possibly even the championship game... but if I were to put money on it I would be feel safe betting on the first game of the 2007/2008 season being Jason's first competitive start barring injury to Mark.

Are you fools still lobbying for Todd Collins as the #2? He's never been the #2 and never will...

He's the prototypical #3 guy...

Lot's of knowledge of the system but little actual QB ability(Hasn't started a game in a decade)...

Jason Campbell was a 1st round guy...

He's in his 2nd year...

WHAT on earth makes you think he's not a #2 guy if Brunell goes down? You learn the NFL QB position by playing...

If Brunell goes down and you don't play him it's rediculous...

What on earth do you gain by playing Todd Collins just because he's a "veteran"? NOTHING. Jason Campbell is going to earn himself the #2 spot and he'll wait in the wings...

Period.

It's sad that so much speculation can come out of one preseason game. I am certain that all of us want the future to progress faster than the mediocrity that past seasons have brought us (excluding the one prior... that was something to give us all hope).

Some might have doubts based on mistakes that arise when new talent faces real professional adversity for among the first time in their career. Jason Campbell has shown enough talent to have most of us believe that he can provide leadership, poise, and atheletic ability that can further the Redskins in the immediate future. Like anyone who is a true professional, he will need training, experience, and obtaining a comfort level that can only arrive with testing one's abiltity; with opposition that is greater than what they have faced before.

:logo:

You said, plain and simple, that you could substitute Ramsey's name for Campbell in my post. Period. At least have the decency to not take me and the others on this board for such fools that we don't know how to read your posts accurately.

I did say that in Ramsey's couple first preseason games it was exactly what you posted, where was I wrong in that and how do you claim I am making you seem to be a fool??

Can anyone read here, I was not the one who brought the college stats into play now was I. Everything you said, was the same we said of Ramsey when he first started here.

Some are not interpreting the original post correctly. All I am saying is do not get all wet in the pants from a couple of throws from Jason as some here did for Pat that is it, that is all I am trying to say. Where are all the old time posters that had to deal with all the others saying Pat is one of the best qb's in the nfl or he is the next Farve etc... this is my point and that is all.

I believe in time Jason will be a very good QB but it will take time. For someone to say I am being contrarian then it is plain to see many do not how to read and analyze a post correctly.

Archived