Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

One nice throw does not make a QB

jbooma

You obviously were not watching ANY of the Redskins games last year. Please review this:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1032

Yeah Brunell did not do anything that great!:doh:

Post your response when you get a clue.;)

Ok what are you trying to show me? That he threw for 3000 yards? Wow that just ahead of Gus Frerotte and 500 yards more than McNabb who hardly played the whole year. Please, how about you respond when you get a clue. Thanks. :D

Ok what are you trying to show me? That he threw for 3000 yards? Wow that just ahead of Gus Frerotte and 500 yards more than McNabb who hardly played the whole year. Please, how about you respond when you get a clue. Thanks. :D

You're not helping your case here. Brunell was masterful at times, and had he stayed healthy would probably have ended up with 3500 yards and 25 TD's and a Pro Bowl selection. He avoided mistakes, made plays at critical times, and put the team in a position to win.

You would appear to be focusing upon his weakened condition exhibited during the final regular season game and the two playoff games. I agree, he was a different QB then, but don't pretend that that was indicative of his season-long performance for us.

You're not helping your case here. Brunell was masterful at times, and had he stayed healthy would probably have ended up with 3500 yards and 25 TD's and a Pro Bowl selection. He avoided mistakes, made plays at critical times, and put the team in a position to win.

You would appear to be focusing upon his weakened condition exhibited during the final regular season game and the two playoff games. I agree, he was a different QB then, but don't pretend that that was indicative of his season-long performance for us.

I dont know man...I think calling Brunell masterful is kinda homer-ish. I won't deny, Brunell had a decent year last year but masterful? My faith in Brunell remains the same as his first year here, when this entire board trashed him. Both years he has declined late in the year, I dont see this year being any different.

Here's to our defense :cheers:

He already sat for one year. We've already nursed him more than most first round QBs.

I'm fine with him sitting another year, but if a first-round QB is being rushed by being second-string in his second year there is another problem.

Have confidence. He has a bright future.

I dont know man...I think calling Brunell masterful is kinda homer-ish. I won't deny, Brunell had a decent year last year but masterful? My faith in Brunell remains the same as his first year here, when this entire board trashed him. Both years he has declined late in the year, I dont see this year being any different.

Here's to our defense :cheers:

1) He said Brunell was masterful "at times"...you'd have to either be blind or a Cowboys fan to say Brunell was never masterful at anytime during the last season...

2) Brunell's play didn't decline late in the year in 2004 because he didn't play late in the year...

I know many on this board feel after watching that nice throw by Jason on Sunday should show how great he will be.

Just calm down there........

Remember after the first sweet crossing pattern that Ramsey through a long time ago, many on this board had him in the HOF before he ever completed a full season (which till this date has not happened). My point is yes Jason has a great arm, but he is not ready yet to be a #1 yet a #2 right now.

He needs more time, unlike Ramsey lets not rush this guy since Joe never rushs young QB's. If Collins is terrible this week again, then I would not be surprised to see the Skins get maybe another veteran to compete the rest of the camp.

Jason looked good, but he is not ready yet, and lets not destroy him like we might have done to Ramsey.

True but I don't think most are saying he should be thrown in yet. What people are saying is he has a nice ball. He throws the ball with a tight spiral with a strong arm and was reasonably accurate throughout. Anyone who wants to win now knows it is through Brunell. The future is Campbell.

i was comparing the early Ramsey not the later one, he was very similar when he started in first couple preseason games, it was when he was the #1 is when it seemed it went downhill, who knows why exactly

Man I really don't know what it is you remember about Ramsey that I don't. I was just like everyone else that wanted to see Ramsey get it together, but he had every chance to do so in a few different offenses.

There is no realistic comparison between the two, Ramsey was never as accurate, Ramsey never had the touch on his ball that JC shows - Ramsey threw the ball super hard no matter what whenever he got nervous in the pocket and Ramsey didn't work as hard in the film room as JC and there were rumors about a sense of entitlement around Asburn since Gibbs got there.

I have not seen/heard or experienced any of those things with JC. I know some people love Patrick, some even going as far as saying he could/would have/will be the next "Brett Farve" - but all things equal he is the last QB on the Jets depth chart, was horrible in his preseason game and should not be discussed in the same breath as Jason Campbell, if only because we didn't drag Ramsey through the Heath Shuler mud in the same way.

JC is 24 years old, how many years go by while we wait for him to get experience?

Nobody broke Ramsey, he just isn't that good. The preseason is the time for us to find out how JC is doing. And he looks to be doing well.:2cents:

Masterful?!?!...Wow, I mean your definitely entitled to your opinion, but to me to call Mark "Masterful" is a streeeeeeetch....even if you follow it up with "at times". To me Brunell is a solid QB that is about 70-75% of the QB he used to be.

I think you're missing the point. That incredible, not nice, incredible throw by Campbell was just icing on the cake. The BIG issue was that he was VERY relaxed in the pocket. Even sitting inside his own endzone he kept things calm and was able to look downfield for the first down. THAT is why everyone is excited.

Masterful?!?!...Wow, I mean your definitely entitled to your opinion, but to me to call Mark "Masterful" is a streeeeeeetch....even if you follow it up with "at times". To me Brunell is a solid QB that is about 70-75% of the QB he used to be.

So Brunell was nowhere near "masterful" at anytime during the last season?...Not even once or twice??...

Starting kinda early this year aren't ya jbooma?

Can't we just for once enjoy someone coming up without picking them apart?

If he was our starter, I'd be worried.

But he's working his way up, and for where he is he looked good. In fact, he looked a lot better than our new #2, 10 year vet

So Brunell was nowhere near "masterful" at anytime during the last season?...Not even once or twice??...

Hmmm I think you want to reference to the Dallas game. I wouldn't call hail mary's masterful. Only thing masterful was how S. Moss adjusted to Brunell's lobs of faith.

Jason looked great, and calm in the pocket, although I'd still like to see Brunell start this season. That would give J.C. 1 xtra season to learn from a veteran and learn the system. I would have J.C. start next season, but would keep competition open. Competition breeds excellence. Brunell is still the proven veteran, as he's been to the bowl with the Jags so I think his expertise would be most valuable to a young J.C.

We may not win the bowl this year but I believe this would build a stronger future for our team.

By the way, keep in mind J.C. was in against 3-4th string defense. The future of this preseason will definitely give us more insight. I'd like to see J.C. in with 1st string defenses and our 1st string offense. Hopefully I'm wrong, maybe he could start now....

I'm glad you brought this up, jbooma. I didn't have enough courage to post a thread on this topic. I knew it would get slammed, and I give you props.

Anyways, I think Jason Campbell needs a lot of work before I'm begging for him to take all the snaps. He can make some good looking throws, but he still has a lot of mistakes to get past.

Archived