Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Schedule, What games are on NFL Network

Synergist

and for the skins game on the 30th which I see is on NFL network, Will that be carried by local tv? (say if I didn't have the NFL network)

I'd like to know this too. - Since Adelphia doesn't carry NFL network (yet has multiple golf and Nascar channels) - does this mean I can't see the game?

im not sure.. when games used to be on espn, upn carried the games, but i believe upn is a subset of abc.

in the DC area when Redskins games are on ESPN, they air them on channel 7 - ABC affilaite. - Since this is the first year of televising games on NFL net, who knows.

I just hope this isn't some cute way to make people get NFL network, just like if you wanna see MNF now you have to have at least basic cable.

in the schedules thread, someone said they heard that the games on NFL network will also be carried locally, take it for what it;s worth, but if you think about it, the networks have contracts with NFL so they are not really competing or anything

Guest ComebackKing

Yes I have confirmed reports that any local areas get the games on local TV. They do it even when the skins played on ESPN last season the game was also on UPN or whatever.

This is a little outdated but still true:

8 PRIME TIME GAMES ON NFL NETWORK; The games will also be shown by local broadcasters in the markets where they are being played.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nflnetworkgames&prov=st&type=lgns

in the DC area when Redskins games are on ESPN, they air them on channel 7 - ABC affilaite. - Since this is the first year of televising games on NFL net, who knows.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9193472

"NFL Network will make all of its games available on free, over-the-air television in the participating team markets, continuing the NFL's long-standing practice of making all of its games, including the playoffs and Super Bowl, available on free, over-the-air television."

Maybe channel 7 will get this one too, but who knows.

:whoknows:

Great. I was a little bit worried about that. It wouldn't be smart business if the NFL cut out the local television stations of a game. Also, by broadcasting high profile/overhyped games on NFL Network. The football fans who have NFL network can still see TO get pummeled by the Eagles defense while living in California, for example.

Glad to hear the Skin's game will be televised locally but I still wish that the NFL Network was available to everyone, everywhere (assuming they are willing to pay for it)! I think that if they are going to start airing more and more games on the network then this channel should not be exclusive to only certain people. I have Adelphia cable and they don't offer the NFL Network! :mad: And I want it!!!

I have Adelphia cable and they don't offer the NFL Network! :mad: And I want it!!!

Same here with Comcast non-digital (I think it's in the digital line-up, but not sure)

So far, we have the GOLF channel.

Whoooopeee! How exciting!

:yawnee:

Glad to hear the Skin's game will be televised locally but I still wish that the NFL Network was available to everyone, everywhere (assuming they are willing to pay for it)! I think that if they are going to start airing more and more games on the network then this channel should not be exclusive to only certain people. I have Adelphia cable and they don't offer the NFL Network! :mad: And I want it!!!

Yea luckily though they have a Nascar and Golf Channel:doh: ...

But seriously lets just be happy they got ESPN2 for us.

i'm just pissed it wont be in HD if it is on NFL network.

Since you're in VA I'm pretty sure that you won't have a problem if you get an HD local station. I know if you have Comcast, at least in the Columbia, MD area (Shouldn't be too different from down there), then you can get local channels in HD around the 210's in terms of channel numbers.

Archived