Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The BODY BAG game

PREDICTOR

Those of us who have been around awhile, remember the body bag game against the Eagles. Philly bent the Skins over that night and gave it to them in the whazzoooo. Totally owned their slaves that night. Crushed people when they wanted to...slapped them around, pushed them around, broke their spirit and their bones....and dominated them in a sado masochisted way.

This was the only other Joe Gibbs coached team game I have ever witnessed since that night, that reminded me of the body bag game. The Giants simply owned the Redskins. It looked like the Green Bay Packers and Vince Lombardi's power sweep running against a high school team. Men against children. Not just any children....but girls.

Congratulations to New York. They have a team. Manning is excellent. Barber always owns the Redskins and he is a 2000 yard per year weapon. Even injured, the REDSKINS had no answer for Burress. Shockey is the tight end we WISHED we had drafted.

The Cowboys drafted Aikmen and then dominated the division for 10 years. Eagles got McNabb and won 4 NFC EAST championships in a row. Now its Manning and another NFC team with 10 years of domination.

I wish the Skins would tank every game one year just to get a good QB. You simply cannot win in this league without a good QB, which is proven by the fact that the Redskins have 1 playoff appearance in 13 years. Just by coincidence, they had to trade a number 1 draft pick for Brad Johnson who ended up making the pro bowl...but was still a short term answer, because he was benched for Jeff George.

The Redskins are going to have to find a QB if they ever hope to compete in this division.

Check your stats/facts. Barber indeed killed us today, but Mannings day was pretty average. 1 TD and 1 INT, and around 150 yards passing. Burress didn't really do much from what I can tell, especially when Ryan Clark stepped in front of him for the interception of Manning. And the Eagles WENT to 4 straight NFC Championship games and only won 1 of them.

I hate how teams are suddenly crowned the champs after one game. Vic Carucci is already annointing the Giants the top team in the NFC overall. Are you kidding me? That team still has growning pain to go through, and I think we'll see that the rest of the season. I would not be at all surprised if they went up to San Fran and layed a huge turd on the field like The Bucs did today.

The Giants got their asses kicked by the Chargers and responded, now it's the 'Skins turn to do the same. The "week off" weirdo ass kicking/woodshed losses HAPPEN, but it's how your handle that adversity the next game and rest of the season that judges whether a team is good or not.

Mark Brunell proved for more than a few games he can still play, and we already have a young QB waiting in the wings for the future. You don't need a superstar QB to win in this league, just one that'll manage the game well and give you the best chance to win. Brunell right now gives us just that.

The only problem with Campbell is that 24 other teams felt like he was not a franchise QB. Everybody knew that Aikman was because he was drafted with that number 1 pick. McNabb was taken over Ricky Williams because he was special.

Campbell? I hope to God he becomes a H.O.F. quarterback and ranks up there with Marino, Montana, and Steve Young. But all I am saying is that it is a PROVEN fact that dynasties start with a franchise QB and we should be looking at trading Lavar or anybody on the team to get Matt Lienart...and then have 2 #1 picks competing to see who our franchise QB will be.

If you put all your marbles in 1 basket..like Campbell...er..well actually we did that before with Shuler and Ramsey. And we see how that turned out. Shuler was the best of the QB's coming out that year but nobody in his right mind would have thought that he was a franchise QB....just like Dilfer. The Skins need to pick during a GOOD quarterback year..like this NEXT draft. Lienart is the real deal. The Skins need Leinert in order to compete with Manning for the next 10 years....at least if Campbell doesn't work out...and at this point we have no idea. So we either start Campbell in a year or so...and then wait 3 years to see if he developes....and then 5 years from now start over....or just go for another QB after this season and let them duel it out.

The only problem with Campbell is that 24 other teams felt like he was not a franchise QB. Everybody knew that Aikman was because he was drafted with that number 1 pick. McNabb was taken over Ricky Williams because he was special.

You mean kinda like the 32 teams who skipped over Brady 5 or more times?

That argument doesn't fly with me.

Campbell? I hope to God he becomes a H.O.F. quarterback and ranks up there with Marino, Montana, and Steve Young. But all I am saying is that it is a PROVEN fact that dynasties start with a franchise QB and we should be looking at trading Lavar or anybody on the team to get Matt Lienart...and then have 2 #1 picks competing to see who our franchise QB will be.

If you put all your marbles in 1 basket..like Campbell...er..well actually we did that before with Shuler and Ramsey. And we see how that turned out. Shuler was the best of the QB's coming out that year but nobody in his right mind would have thought that he was a franchise QB....just like Dilfer. The Skins need to pick during a GOOD quarterback year..like this NEXT draft. Lienart is the real deal. The Skins need Leinert in order to compete with Manning for the next 10 years....at least if Campbell doesn't work out...and at this point we have no idea. So we either start Campbell in a year or so...and then wait 3 years to see if he developes....and then 5 years from now start over....or just go for another QB after this season and let them duel it out.

Hey, pop quiz numbnuts:

1) What round was Joe Montana drafted in?

2) What round was Tom Brady drafted in?

3) What round was Ryan Leaf drafted in?

4) What round was Tim Couch drafted in?

Last QB we took real high was Heath Shuler.

Hmm, how did that work out?

Franchise QB's don't always come with the first few picks in the drafts, man. Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, Brett Favre in the 2nd, Joe Montana in the 3rd, and the list goes on.

:doh: You gave him all the answers!!!

much as I hate to use the ignore option, youve really earned it. reading your posts carefully is just a strong indictment of where your head's at. you're not some sharp-eyed, thoughtful, realist.

you're more like the old pre-SNL Bill Murray character--"koko the clinically depressed azzklown".

Hey, pop quiz numbnuts:

Ryan leaf was drafted in the first round. Therefore, we need to stay away from drafting QB's in the first round. Thanks for pointing that out.

P.S. Let me know when the Skins get to the Superbowl with their current crop of quarterbacks and their current method of drafting next years number 1 for a number 25 pick. I'll be waiting for your e-mail so I can warm up my TV for their Superbowl appearance.

Giants don't have anything "in the bag". I wish we did, but the truth is, our defense isn't as good as we looked today, and we're not as bad as we looked against the Chargers. We're average, and that doesn't cut it. Manning is still going through growing pains, wish everyone expected since he's only played 14 NFL games, not even a full season. I expect big things from him, from his comeback wins etc. Barber is a great RB, no if, ands, or buts about it. But, he's been in the NFL 9 seasons, and is on the wrong side of 30. Jacobs won't ever be a everydown back, we still need to find one to replace Barber in a few seasons. Burress and Shockey are still very young(27,25), and are signed to long term deals, Toomer is almost at his end. The Giants could win 10 games this season, might win one playoff game, but when it comes down to it, we're not good enough to win the SB. Our defense isn't there yet, our QB isn't there yet, our consisently isn't there yet, maybe next season, or the season after, but I have to be honest with myself, the Giants are going through there transiton season, good but not fully there yet.

Last QB we took real high was Heath Shuler.

Hmm, how did that work out?

Franchise QB's don't always come with the first few picks in the drafts, man. Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round, Brett Favre in the 2nd, Joe Montana in the 3rd, and the list goes on.

Better yet, Pat Ramsey. How's that working out for us now? LMAO.

Am I the only person that realizes that Predictor only posts when there's something negative to talk about?

I didn't see his name once pop up, even to say "Wow, what a game!", last week after we won. Why? Because he didn't have anything negative to say. He didn't even post last week, what a good fan he is, can't even congratulate the team.

PREDICTOR is the guy standing on a soap box down by the corner shouting that the end of the world is nigh. When you see that guy, you have choices. You can pause for a moment, listen, roll you eyes and walk on ... or you can stop and try to reason with him.

Which do YOU do?

Who knows if Campbell will be good or not, time will tell. Brunell is playing good ball this year. Against the Giants the entire team laid a egg.

The game was domination by the Giants pure and simple. The Win was not measured on talent but rather heart.

The Skins were used and abused by the Giants. They to a man were owned.

Bads calls etc are absolutly no excuse. If the field was at a prison the Redskins to a man would have been wearing lipstick later that evening. Yesterday the Redskins were reduced to spunk depositories.

What they do about that in the upcoming weeks will be the real test.

I wish the Skins would tank every game one year just to get a good QB. You simply cannot win in this league without a good QB, which is proven by the fact that the Redskins have 1 playoff appearance in 13 years. Just by coincidence, they had to trade a number 1 draft pick for Brad Johnson who ended up making the pro bowl...but was still a short term answer, because he was benched for Jeff George.

The Redskins are going to have to find a QB if they ever hope to compete in this division.

You don't need a great QB, just a good & healthy one. It was just the Giants day yesterday. Brunell is better than that. You have 2 other young QB's. Take a look at the stats for yesterday's game. It really wasn't much Eli. He really didn't play well and/or the Skins passing defense was very good.

And then...

Hey, pop quiz numbnuts:

So, by your logic we should tank the season so we can draft a franchise QB in the 3rd round like Montana, or in the 6th like Brady?

You're a clown.

Simple as that. A clown. :dunce:

As usual, another idiotic collection of jumbled thoughts by PREDICTABLE

~Bang

Brunell had no help back there. When he did have time to throw, either nobody was open or the receivers dropped the ball. He also had no running game to work with. I'm telling you, no team in the NFL would have beaten the Giants on this day. We've got to stop turning the ball over and we'll be fine.

Those of us who have been around awhile, remember the body bag game against the Eagles. Philly bent the Skins over that night and gave it to them in the whazzoooo. Totally owned their slaves that night. Crushed people when they wanted to...slapped them around, pushed them around, broke their spirit and their bones....and dominated them in a sado masochisted way.

This was the only other Joe Gibbs coached team game I have ever witnessed since that night, that reminded me of the body bag game. The Giants simply owned the Redskins. It looked like the Green Bay Packers and Vince Lombardi's power sweep running against a high school team. Men against children. Not just any children....but girls.

Congratulations to New York. They have a team. Manning is excellent. Barber always owns the Redskins and he is a 2000 yard per year weapon. Even injured, the REDSKINS had no answer for Burress. Shockey is the tight end we WISHED we had drafted.

The Cowboys drafted Aikmen and then dominated the division for 10 years. Eagles got McNabb and won 4 NFC EAST championships in a row. Now its Manning and another NFC team with 10 years of domination.

You know that is what I was thinking watching this game Sunday. And you know what came to my mind afterwords? the fact that we beat the hell of the Eagles in the playoffs that very same year. I mean do any of you guys think next time we play the Giants down at Fedex another one of their owners would die? ;) Hope not because the entire setting yesterday at Giants stadium was setup for the Giants to win. Emotion, fans into it, intensity....anything you want to add were in the Giants corner. Didn't help us any that our receivers coudn't hold on to the ball and that we fumbled left and right either.

The setup was on and let me tell you ANY team in the NFL would have had a hard time beating the Giants yesterday.

Archived