Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Quote from Carlos rogers

http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?ID=37208&strSection=journal

JOURNAL

Working With Gibbs

05/20/05

It was cool to meet Joe Gibbs for the first time. He's a true legend of the game. He's an older coach, and kind of reminds me of my old Auburn coach, Coach Tuberville. Both of them are older, really know football and are spiritual. So I know I'm going to feel right at home with the Redskins. I'm really looking forward to helping Coach Gibbs turn the team around and getting back on the winning track.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I welcome you aboard Rogers.. Have fun in 2005!!

:cheers:

Originally posted by airborneskins

http://www.nflplayers.com/players_network/players_network.aspx?ID=37208&strSection=journal

JOURNAL

Working With Gibbs

05/20/05

It was cool to meet Joe Gibbs for the first time. He's a true legend of the game. He's an older coach, and kind of reminds me of my old Auburn coach, Coach Tuberville. Both of them are older, really know football and are spiritual. So I know I'm going to feel right at home with the Redskins. I'm really looking forward to helping Coach Gibbs turn the team around and getting back on the winning track.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I welcome you aboard Rogers.. Have fun in 2005!!

:cheers:

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :D

I love this guy:eaglesuck

As a HUGE Auburn fan (Go Tigers!!! Beat Bama!!!), I love hearing this. The man was awesome at Auburn, he will be awesome for us. He won't get defensive rookie of the year cause he won't start above Harris cause Gibbs loves his veterans. But when he takes over that position when needed, he will dominate. :point2sky

:logo: HTTR!!!:helmet:

Originally posted by dreamshatterer

As a HUGE Auburn fan (Go Tigers!!! Beat Bama!!!), I love hearing this. The man was awesome at Auburn, he will be awesome for us. He won't get defensive rookie of the year cause he won't start above Harris cause Gibbs loves his veterans. But when he takes over that position when needed, he will dominate. :point2sky

I think Williams has as much say in who starts on defense as Gibbs does, and he'll start whoever he feels will put the team in the best position to win on opening day.

Originally posted by dfitzo53

I think Williams has as much say in who starts on defense as Gibbs does, and he'll start whoever he feels will put the team in the best position to win on opening day.

As true as this is, Williams has already stated that Sean Taylor started earlier in his rookie season for him than any other Secondary player ever.

Williams likes to bring in rookie D-Backs slowly so as not to adversely affect their confidence. He has almost made it clear that Rodgers will have to work his way into the starting lineup.

Originally posted by dreamshatterer

Gibbs doesn't like to start rookies at the skill positions on offense. Everywhere else is open.

If Rogers earns the job in the preseason, he'll start.

Originally posted by Ax

Gibbs doesn't like to start rookies at the skill positions on offense. Everywhere else is open.

If Rogers earns the job in the preseason, he'll start.

Actually, during his first tenure LB Andre Collins was either the first rookie to start for Gibbs on defense ever, or the first since Darrell Green. Either way, it's not accurate to say that Gibbs is any more willing to start rookies on defense than on offense.

Originally posted by redman

Actually, during his first tenure LB Andre Collins was either the first rookie to start for Gibbs on defense ever, or the first since Darrell Green. Either way, it's not accurate to say that Gibbs is any more willing to start rookies on defense than on offense.

You could be right. Some of the Hogs were rookie starters too, weren't they?

Anywho, I still seem to remember Joe being more uneasy starting rookies on offense, at the skill positions. That's all.

Originally posted by Crazyhorse1

Carlo didn't write that B.S. suckers. The PR department spends all year thinking up that mindless crap. I'm just sorry I inadvertantly read it once in a while.

Actually the tone and content are consistent with other interviews etc. that Rogers has done since being drafted. Do you think that the PR department is writing for Portis too?

Cooley was a Gibbs rookie starter and it did him no harm but generally I like the attitude of the coaches both Williams and Gibbs neither seem ready to rush rookies into the lineup which can be benificial esepecially for DB where confidence is key . I don't see Rodgers starting before the bye unless Harris or Springs go down and even then it might be Wilds or Brown who gets the nod first .

Archived