Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Football

Golgo-13

Have you guys noticed that on all of the retro gear that it says "Washington Football" instead of "Redskins Football?" Do any of you think that Danny is trying to subtely move away from the Redskins name with this sort of thing? It was just something I noticed and was thinking about. Those shirts will probably confuse the hell out of people, I can just hear it now...."when did the Huskies change their logo?"

I saw an interview with Kathleen Matthews on Channel 7 I think, a couple of weeks ago. Anyways, Dan specifically said with a gleam in his eye: "We are the WASHINGTON REDSKINS. That name stands for honor, tradition, and washington football. There is no way it is changing".

Or something to that effect. But I know he bull****s a lot, but he sounded very serious.

rskin, you are right. I was thinking more along the lines of $ issues, but like I said, this guy loves his team, it aint changin. And NavyDave, I don't know man....some people are starting to turn the corner on the Wizards name. I think age groups contribute to that though. Maybe younger people will have an easier time with the transition. In any case, its a sad thing, for a team to somewhat lose that part of its history. Here's to thinking the skins will never change.

Archived