Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

"The Man" Contest - Prizes Thread (Merged)

kevhow

I just wanted to take a quick second to thank everyone involved in running this board, and everyone who was involved in last seasons contests. I just received my authentic Clinton Portis jersey from Om for being the highest ranked non-mod in The Man contest. Let me tell you, the thing is sweet. I'm almost afraid to wear it because I'll probably spill nacho cheese and beer all over it.

I can't wait for the new season. Thanks again.... and here's to the greatest football site on the the web!!!

:cheers:

I just wanted to give some much deserved props to DH and Om for my prize from "The Man" Contest. When the original prize wasn't available they called in some favors to get me a really schweet replacement signed by none other than C.P. himself!!

Thanks again guys and if there's anyone I'm unaware of that had a hand in this, thanks to you as well.

Now, let the drooling and jealousy begin!!:D

Originally posted by kevhow

I just wanted to take a quick second to thank everyone involved in running this board, and everyone who was involved in last seasons contests. I just received my authentic Clinton Portis jersey from Om for being the highest ranked non-mod in The Man contest. Let me tell you, the thing is sweet. I'm almost afraid to wear it because I'll probably spill nacho cheese and beer all over it.

I can't wait for the new season. Thanks again.... and here's to the greatest football site on the the web!!!

Managed to miss this thread when you first posted it, Kevin.

Sorry it took to so long to get the prize to you ... my bad, as we discussed. Congrats again on the win, and if you get a chance, consider posting a pic of you in that bad boy.

Beer and nachos optional. :)

You know Yusuf, I too live in Georgia and had it not been for me missing a couple weeks when I was out of town you would have lost. So, I think that you should live up to that fact, and just hand that prize over to me. We can even discuss visitation rights. ;) :jk:

But seriously, congrats. That's an awesome prize.

Originally posted by Yusuf06

I just wanted to give some much deserved props to DH and Om for my prize from "The Man" Contest. When the original prize wasn't available they called in some favors to get me a really schweet replacement signed by none other than C.P. himself!!

Thanks again guys and if there's anyone I'm unaware of that had a hand in this, thanks to you as well.

Now, let the drooling and jealousy begin!!:D

Thanks for posting that, Yusuf. Glad it came through okay and put a smile on your face.

Of course, the smile could be due to your house having a sweet backyard, but hey ... we'll assume it was the ball.

Congrats again ... and just remember, when you play catch in the rain with that thing, try not to let it hit the ground. Not sure if CP used the indelible stuff. :)

Originally posted by China

So I assume your avatar will be changing from "The 2003 Pick 'em Champion" to "2004 'The Man' Champion" or something to that effect.

Nice.

Actually, I came in fourth place but since two of those ahead of me were mods I got the second place prize.

I had wondered whether the avatar is permanent. I've just been busy and haven't had a chance to bring it up though.

Avatars are for first-place winners only ... so kevhow will be getting his soon. Promise. :)

Those avatars are supposed to be for one year only, so the new/current winner will always have sole possession. Meaning, sadly, that Yusuf will have to live with a nicely wooded back yard, a CP autographed authentic ball, and a standard Extremeskins avatar.

Life can be a harsh mistress. :)

Fantastic. I'm glad to see you both got your prizes.

All the participants helped out ($10 donation) the site..... and like ALWAYS... we ALWAYS give back to the community.

Those are some pretty prizes... and you don't see any other fan site that goes to these lengths for the fans and visitors.

The more we have... the more we have to offer.

Cheers.

Archived