Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Before anyone jumps off a cliff over us drafting a FB...

Dirk Diggler

Actually...he's a pretty good receiver out of the backfield.... so I can see him catching a pass or two. He's likely the H-back that we hand the ball too.... as opposed to Cooley who we throw it to.

Anyone remember all the 3rd and 1s we didn't convert.... we'll be converting them now.

the Redskins took a guy they considered to be the best available at a spot they felt could use some depth.

After Portis, what does this team really have at RB?

A disappointing Betts who is 26 and in the last year of his rookie contract.

Cartwright and John Simon? Borderline NFL players.

This club has little depth in the backfield and as another poster mentioned some draft publications had White going in round 3.

So, why is that not a value pick by the Redskins? :)

Originally posted by terpfan

But why at this pick?

Why not this pick?

At least one major draft resource has this guy as a third-round prospect. He's big and has good speed for his size. He can catch a little. If he's remotely versatile, he can be a short-yardage back, fill in if Betts leaves us and back up Cooley to some degree. Given he was pretty good in the passing game this is certainly possible.

it seems like a BPA pick, and also a long term thing, looks like Rock and Jon Simon are not secure anymore. From the profile, it looks like he could be a lead blocker though. Seems like we just added depth at a spot that is still suspect despite who we have.

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler

Know that this guy projects to tailback in our offense. He'll be a goal line back.

Big, strong, falls forward. Won't do anything in the passing game in terms of receiving. Won't be a lead blocker.

I'm actually ok with this.

we had more pressing needs.......

w/ canty available, i don't get this pick. but i don't get our whole draft. i guess that's why i don't get paid to do this stuff.

Originally posted by dviands

we had more pressing needs.......

w/ canty available, i don't get this pick. but i don't get our whole draft. i guess that's why i don't get paid to do this stuff.

I think I mentioned taking Canty in a thread between rounds three and four, so I certainly understand where you're coming from. But, can you explain how Canty fits Gregg Williams' system? I can't. I was hoping you could help me here.

Originally posted by Art

I think I mentioned taking Canty in a thread between rounds three and four, so I certainly understand where you're coming from. But, can you explain how Canty fits Gregg Williams' system? I can't. I was hoping you could help me here.

Exactly!

All this talk about Cris Canty at DE for the Skins just didnt make sense...He isnt a pass rusher he is a tackler/run stuffer we already have 2 DE's like that starting for us(Wynn and Daniels)...Perfect fit for a 3-4 defense but we dont play that we need an edge rusher at DE for Williams style of D...

So let's get over Canty he wasnt a fit for us...:doh:

Archived