Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man Falls at RFK

js161

What's your thought on the idiot that fell at RFK lastnigt?

Fan Injured in Plunge From Ramp at RFK

By Clarence Williams and Allan Lengel

Washington Post Staff Writers

Thursday, April 21, 2005; Page B08

A 35-year-old fan suffered broken bones and other injuries last night when he fell from a concourse ramp inside Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Stadium after the Washington Nationals baseball game, authorities said.

The man was "horsing around" with friends on the ramp on the south side of the stadium near Gate A when he fell at least 20 feet about 9:30 p.m., said Tony Robinson, a spokesman for the D.C. Sports and Entertainment Commission, which oversees RFK.

The man's condition was not immediately released.

Alan Etter, a spokesman for D.C. Fire and Emergency Services, said the man hit something on the way down, which broke his fall. He was transported to D.C. General Hospital, and a helicopter flew him to Washington Hospital Center, authorities said.

Etter said the man fell near a D.C. police officer. EMS medics, who were stationed at the stadium for the game, quickly responded, he said.

Etter said medics began giving the man intravenous fluids and assessing his condition to assist doctors at the hospital.

The incident occurred just as the Nationals completed their sixth home game of the team's inaugural season by defeating the Atlanta Braves, 2-0.

Originally posted by skinsfan44

You watch, the b@st@rd will try to sue the Nats and RFK now. :doh:

You are exactly right. The idiot was drunk, being stupid with his friends and fell. Of course it was his fault, but it will the fault of MLB and the Nats. The guy will win a ton of money all because he was horsing around.

Originally posted by Rypien 91

You are exactly right. The idiot was drunk, being stupid with his friends and fell. Of course it was his fault, but it will the fault of MLB and the Nats. The guy will win a ton of money all because he was horsing around.

Let's hope that some observant Nats fans who attended that game step up, if this happens, and act as witnesses AGAINST this moron in his case.

This article says nothing about alcohol being involved. Nor does it say anything about this gentleman filing a lawsuit. Was he inebriated? Perhaps, but I'll wait until such is confirmed before I go around calling this man a drunkard who's trying to pad his pockets with the cash of the Nationals and RFK.

Originally posted by bofluid

This article says nothing about alcohol being involved. Nor does it say anything about this gentleman filing a lawsuit. Was he inebriated? Perhaps, but I'll wait until such is confirmed before I go around calling this man a drunkard who's trying to pad his pockets with the cash of the Nationals and RFK.

LOL. Some of you need a "Jump to Conclusions" mat :laugh:

Originally posted by herrmag

LOL. Some of you need a "Jump to Conclusions" mat :laugh:

"That is the worst idea I have ever heard in my life."

I can understand the speculation about the guy being drunk. There's a decent chance he was in fact hammered, but I'm not going to operate under that assumption. I think it's unfair to the victim though that we're already saying he's going to sue and win some bogus lawsuit. Let's wait and see what happens.

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A man was critically injured when he fell from the top level of RFK Stadium after the Atlanta Braves-Washington Nationals game Wednesday night.

The 35-year-old man, whose identity was not immediately revealed, fell from a ramp on the 500 level of the stadium, hit several ramps and railings on the way down and landed on the concourse of the 100 level, said Alan Etter, District of Columbia Fire and Emergency Medical Services spokesman.

A witness said the man was looking over a railing before he fell.

"He was just standing there," Maxine Lewis told WJLA TV. "All of a sudden, he just lost his balance, fell over. I saw him hit his head on a railing, then he hit his head on a second railing and just fell flat."

The man was flown to a hospital in a U.S. Park Police helicopter, suffering from multi-system trauma.

Police were investigating whether alcohol was a factor.

Archived