Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official team response to trading 1st for Buchanon -- NOT GONNA HAPPEN

Art

I don't see the negative spin in this article

I do like the fact that the team is releasing its own info to combat any possible misinformation or misunderstandings due to media publications. My only concern is that I would prefer that they not tip their hand in any way, no matter how benign, but they have handled it well and are squashing any public misconceptions almost immediately, which is great

Originally posted by bubba9497

the WP wasn't the only ones

Peter King, Clayton, & others also reported the trade

I've edited my post, it was Clayton, not Fatman that I was referring to. But Clayton never suggested that we would give up our #1.

I like what the Skins are doing. They are waging a smart PR battle here with the Post. They are really starting to understand that fans get their news in such new and different ways (Web sites, message boards). Being a PR guy, I applaud their aggressive nature. Word of mouth can kill ya, espically when it's wrong.

Originally posted by Die Hard

I'm still waiting for the Washington Post mock draft :)

You don't find it at least a bit disturbing... that OBVIOUSLY the team wishes to release the correct info - even if they have to do it on their own - and yet the Post just doesn't seem to want to ask the right questions? If they've even asked at all?

Do you honestly think the Posts' reporters are going to the Park.... asking for the official team's stance, opinion, etc... only to have the team release the exact opposite story 24 hours later to undermine the Post?

No, there's something fishy going on at the Post.

Fishy is right. At first I thought it was just Nunyo, but it now appears that all of the writers at the Post have a beef with the Skins. I guess they really are pissed about losing their tickets. The Times and the Post have switched roles since the last time that Gibbs was coach.

Originally posted by Die Hard

I'm still waiting for the Washington Post mock draft :)

You don't find it at least a bit disturbing... that OBVIOUSLY the team wishes to release the correct info - even if they have to do it on their own - and yet the Post just doesn't seem to want to ask the right questions? If they've even asked at all?

Do you honestly think the Posts' reporters are going to the Park.... asking for the official team's stance, opinion, etc... only to have the team release the exact opposite story 24 hours later to undermine the Post?

No, there's something fishy going on at the Post.

BINGO!

Go back & re-read Jason's article in the WP & see how many times he quotes Nunyo's mysterious "leauge sources" versus how many times he actually had & used a legit quote.

It may be partly that the Post has a "beef" of some sort with the team that's at play here, but it may also have something to do with the fact that the sources the Post relies on week after week aren't proving particularly accurate. :)

Originally posted by Zen-like Todd

We of course appreciate the scoop Art, but you have to admit, a 4 minute lead time isn't much. :silly:

I suspect your wife wouldn't complain about four minutes :).

I KEED. I KEED :).

Originally posted by Om

It may be partly that the Post has a "beef" of some sort with the team that's at play here, but it may also have something to do with the fact that the sources the Post relies on week after week aren't proving particularly accurate. :)

What I find strange is the Post story paraphrased Cerrato from last week. This wasn't such a big story that you wouldn't think it could wait a day or two to get an official comment.

Originally posted by Art

What I find strange is the Post story paraphrased Cerrato from last week. This wasn't such a big story that you wouldn't think it could wait a day or two to get an official comment.

Given the choice of getting something right, or simply getting something fast ... they seem to have settled into a pattern of routinely falling on the wrong side of the equation.

Once or twice---three times, even---it's almost understandable given the fluid nature of "news" in the NFL. But when it becomes the norm, as it so clearly has over the past several months ... you begin to wonder if the tone at meetings in the top floors at the Post these days isn't getting somewhat colorful these days.

Originally posted by skin-n-vegas

Thanks Art!!!! I was stressing!

Do you think that a Bucannon deal for a player or lower round picks is still legit?

Honestly, I have no idea, but I would hope we could do something here with Buchanon for a lower pick or player or pick of some sort from next year. I'd love to have him and the No. 9 to really further solidify the roster.

I'd like Clements too, but he seems to have more value at the moment.

You know its possible that its a smoke screen and we could still be trading that pick. You never really know until draft what could actually happen. Skins could get an offer they cant refuse...I just hope they dont use the pick on Buchanon

Originally posted by SkinsandCanes

So Gibbs wouldn't want Braylon Edwards because of what went on with Desmond Howard?

Totally different situation.

The reports say that Buchanon would want a contract extension. You would have to assume that he would be asking for more money than he is worth just like Moss and that would be another headache.

Archived