Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Eagles Unhappy

Well, PCS, I'll agree with you that there are Eagles who are upset with CONTRACTS THEY SIGNED. I don't think anyone will dispute that.

The difference lies in how the Eagles will deal with this. You'll see how a class organization handles situations like this. You won't see panic. You won't see the Eagles get the worse end of any deal.

Get your notebook and a pencil ready.

Originally posted by Westbrook36

Well, PCS, I'll agree with you that there are Eagles who are upset with CONTRACTS THEY SIGNED. I don't think anyone will dispute that.

The difference lies in how the Eagles will deal with this. You'll see how a class organization handles situations like this. You won't see panic. You won't see the Eagles get the worse end of any deal.

So what your saying is most of your stars will wait until losing their third consecutive NFC championship before voicing their true feelings.

What were Taylor, Vincent, and Staley saying again?:)

No fan wants to hear any of that while they're in the hunt.

Your team will implode after its next non-playoff season. Watch.

Out of all of them, name one that can play with another team next year if the Eagles don't want them to.

That's true for every player of every team unless you are a free agent.

The question is does anyone sit out, or are the eagles forced to take less than what they are worth, or pay more than they want.

I hate the Eagles, but if I were them I wouldn't give him a cent more. The "new athlete" and their contract demands are sickening. Is there no honor in keeping your word on a contract? These guys are playing one season and expecting a new deal. WTF? Have these guys heard of playing a couple seasons to show a team what they actually have in the player. It's turning into one good season = new contract.

The Eagles asked for it.. They knew what they were getting when they got TO.. No surprise there.

However, something needs to be done about these players. Now if TO doesn't get a rework of an already lucrative contract that's only exhausted one year, he's not going to practice?.. what not going to play?

These players sign a CONTRACT, make a promise that 1. You pay me so much money and I will play for you..

The NFL needs to do something about this sort of thing.. It's plain greed, and it's ruining the game. It's too bad no one at the eagles will have the courage to say "Fine don't play, don't dress, enjoy the practice squad, and on sundays, stay home.......For the next 7 years"

There are things that owners can do, but it's really the responsability of the NFL to take control of this crap.. In my opinion The NFL Players Assoc should be disbanded and those issues handled with in the institute of the NFL. These guys are getting paid to play.. I'm so sick of it.

/rant off

And then we'll also see how the Eagles handle this. See, I was under the impression that at a class organization wouldn't get itself in a situation like this in the first place.

He can always rerun the SB and say "I was willing to sacrifice my career to help get the ring!?" I'm just asking for the return on that kind of committment...

Sounds reasonable to me, you can't say your going to put him in if he wants to play because its just that important and not pay him after 9/122yds... He actually has a case.

Now if that means 4 other players get skeerewed.. well thats just a bonus.

Originally posted by Gothtimus

The Eagles asked for it.. They knew what they were getting when they got TO.. No surprise there.

However, something needs to be done about these players. Now if TO doesn't get a rework of an already lucrative contract that's only exhausted one year, he's not going to practice?.. what not going to play?

These players sign a CONTRACT, make a promise that 1. You pay me so much money and I will play for you..

The NFL needs to do something about this sort of thing.. It's plain greed, and it's ruining the game. It's too bad no one at the eagles will have the courage to say "Fine don't play, don't dress, enjoy the practice squad, and on sundays, stay home.......For the next 7 years"

There are things that owners can do, but it's really the responsability of the NFL to take control of this crap.. In my opinion The NFL Players Assoc should be disbanded and those issues handled with in the institute of the NFL. These guys are getting paid to play.. I'm so sick of it.

/rant off

To play devil's advocate, a team can tear any contract up whenever it sees fit and cut you. The only guarantee is the signing bonus/guaranteed money

Well doggies, rurmor has it that Tra Thomas has jumped on the Rosenhaus bandwagon. It just keeps getting better!

-- Tra Thomas Has New Agent Too --

Wed Apr 6, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

The Philadelphia Daily News reports Drew Rosenhaus, who is now the new agent for Eagles OT Tra Thomas, said he expected to discuss Thomas with the team today, whom he noted is "coming off a Pro Bowl season." Thomas is scheduled to make $2.75 million this season and is signed through 2008. Schaffer, Thomas' agent since the Eagles drafted him in the first round out of Florida State in 1998, said last night he was under the impression he was still representing Thomas. He asked a reporter to call back after agent Peter Schaffer had a chance to call Thomas. Schaffer did not respond to the return call. Thomas could not be reached for comment.

Originally posted by jpgirth

To play devil's advocate, a team can tear any contract up whenever it sees fit and cut you. The only guarantee is the signing bonus/guaranteed money

And each time you do that, your cut off a limb from the team's FO. Do you know what the impact of eating the bonus on a contract as accelerated cap space does to a team? Do it to a contract like TO's and one more player and you're in cap hell next season.

Originally posted by Park City Skins

And then we'll also see how the Eagles handle this. See, I was under the impression that at a class organization wouldn't get itself in a situation like this in the first place.

Wow. I can't wait to hear this reasoning. Tell me, wise one....what did the Eagles organization do to get themselves in this situation? :laugh:

English. Do you speak it?

Anyway, I guess by piecing the words you threw up there together by moving a few around, I suppose you were asking how many of those players will be with the Eagles this next season?

If that's your question, then I'd venture to say 100 percent of them will be playing for us in the first game against the Falcons.

A lot of players are in varying degrees of anger over their contracts. It doesn't effect the play on the field, for the most part.

See Ty Law and the Patriots if you want an example.

You've got to be kidding. You must not have followed TO's career in SF...

Good. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :eaglesuck :eaglesuck :eaglesuck

I hope they rework the deal for TO that makes them suffer for it for the next 10 years! Then their fans will really have reason again to boo McFlabb (not that they don't now).

Originally posted by Park City Skins

Well, first the Eagles have to BECOME a class organization. Their fans alone keep them from that (most of them anyway).

:eaglesuck

Archived