Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Eagles Unhappy

Originally posted by Westbrook36

TO loves Philly. By the first game, this will be a non-issue so why is everyone getting so excited now?

Just like Moss and Taylor. Are we so starved for news that we make these things huge stories?

Both tidbits of news make me yawn.

1st stage- denial

:laugh:

This is the difference between the real champions and the Eagles.

The Eagles just went to the superbowl and put up a good showning. Now the players are claiming they are underpaid and want new deals, instead of getting ready for another run. Great job getting Trotter back and having your superstar who got you there already wanting a new deal.

Meanwhile the Patriots lost 5 starters to free agency and coaching staff but you don't hear any player saying they deserve more money.

TO loves Philly. By the first game, this will be a non-issue so why is everyone getting so excited now?

Just like Moss and Taylor. Are we so starved for news that we make these things huge stories?

Both tidbits of news make me yawn.

TO starts the revolution...he's a great guy to have on your team...ask the 49ers.

The NFL needs a "breach of contract" rule to suspend these players who sign big deals and threaten holdouts later down the road. It's everywhere and unfair to the owners and fans in this league which embraces a salary cap.

Originally posted by TLusby

The NFL needs a "breach of contract" rule to suspend these players who sign big deals and threaten holdouts later down the road. It's everywhere and unfair to the owners and fans in this league which embraces a salary cap.

good idea... i like that, only problem is selling that to the Player's Union.

Originally posted by authentic

good idea... i like that, only problem is selling that to the Player's Union.

Yeah. My guess would be a " Yeah. Okay. We'll think about that and get back to ya.............................. okay no."

It a 2 sided arguement, because a team can just cut a player at any time and not "honor" the whole contract....

Originally posted by Warhead36

Just like the Taylor/Moss story, this is all just hot air right now. When the season starts we will forget these threads ever existed.

yeah, this is all part of our football withdrawl, we tend to pounce on every story until training camp in July.

Originally posted by Pharmaceutical Redskin

I know the Eagles have a somewhat deep d-line, but if they lose all three of Burgess, Thomas, and Simon, I think they may have some problems next year.

They have a few contract issues

Simon isn't signed

Thomas is itchin about being lied to about contract

Owens wants more guaranteed years

Westbrook hasn't signed the RFA tender?

Originally posted by jpgirth

Simon isn't signed

Out of all of them, name one that can play with another team next year if the Eagles don't want them to.

Out of all of them, name one that can play with another team next year if the Eagles don't want them to.

Irrelevant. The question is, how many of them with the team this next season?

Amen Brutha..from your mouth to god...err... taglibue's ears!!!

Originally posted by Park City Skins

English. Do you speak it?

Anyway, I guess by piecing the words you threw up there together by moving a few around, I suppose you were asking how many of those players will be with the Eagles this next season?

If that's your question, then I'd venture to say 100 percent of them will be playing for us in the first game against the Falcons.

A lot of players are in varying degrees of anger over their contracts. It doesn't effect the play on the field, for the most part.

See Ty Law and the Patriots if you want an example.

English. Do you speak it?

Anyway, I guess by piecing the words you threw up there together by moving a few around, I suppose you were asking how many of those players will be with the Eagles this next season?

If that's your question, then I'd venture to say 100 percent of them will be playing for us in the first game against the Falcons.

A lot of players are in varying degrees of anger over their contracts. It doesn't effect the play on the field, for the most part.

See Ty Law and the Patriots if you want an example.

Okay. So. I ask this:

Originally posted by Park City Skins

And he says he guesses< ( suppose), what I'm asking. English. Do you read it? Comprehend it? Don't lie now just to make yourself look a little less dense.

One poster says this:

Originally posted by jpgirth

Simon isn't signed

Westbrook says this:

And some how, with but one simple question, I've mangaged to piece together and arrange words. :rolleyes: English. Learn it.

Westbrook, I'd love to sit here and make you look more dense than you do right now, ( burden as that may be), but you do such a good job of it yourself why waste too much time?

Here. Whoever is reading and typing for Westbrook, please tell him this. Whether or not the Eagles can do what they want with the players is irrelevant. Fact is there are now several players unhappy and 2 want out. This is not "posturing as you first stated in this thread, ( though I think you are). There has already been one failed attempt at trading one player and the other has asked for one. Odds are he'll get that request granted. Odds are that the 100% prediction could be wrong. Or didn't you catch the stuff below? You were right though. Won't effect their play on the field. Because a couple of them may not be on it, ( as Eagles).

Brian Westbrook is just one of many unhappy Philadelphia Eagles.

Andy Lyons/Getty Images

One year after signing a seven-year contract worth just over $46 million, Terrell Owens wants to rework his deal, Owens' new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said after meeting with Eagles president Joe Banner. It is unlikely the Eagles will be willing to accommodate him. In Banner's 11 years as team president, he has never renegotiated a player's contract after one season. Rosenhaus did not rule out that Owens could miss some or all of the Eagles' off-season workouts or minicamps, and possibly training camp should a new deal not get done. "It's not really something I can make any predictions on," Rosenhaus said.

-- Philadelphia Inquirer

This is just the latest offseason twist for the Eagles, who could be experiencing some of the fallout that in the past has kept teams from repeating Super Bowl runs. Eagles offensive tackle Tra Thomas wants a new deal, too, Earlier this week, unhappy franchised defensive tackle Corey Simon vetoed a proposed trade with the Ravens because he couldn't agree with the Ravens on a long-term contract. Simon left little doubt that he does not like the 1-year, $5.13 million franchise tender, which he has not signed. Running back Brian Westbrook, who also wants a long-term deal with the Eagles, hasn't signed his 1-year restricted free agent tender. Defensive tackle Hollis Thomas is unhappy that the Birds won't revisit his contract, and has asked to be traded. The Eagles are expected to trade or release wide receiver Freddie Mitchell, who was unhappy with his role last season.

-- Philadelphia Daily News

Archived