Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Some Eagles Unhappy

Sounds good to me. SIAP, I checked.

:cheers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/04/07/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

NFL Truth & Rumors: April 7, 2005

Posted: Thursday April 7, 2005 11:04AM; Updated: Thursday April 7, 2005 12:07PM

MORE TRUTH & RUMORS: NBA | MLB | NHL/Soccer

Brian Westbrook is just one of many unhappy Philadelphia Eagles.

Andy Lyons/Getty Images

One year after signing a seven-year contract worth just over $46 million, Terrell Owens wants to rework his deal, Owens' new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said after meeting with Eagles president Joe Banner. It is unlikely the Eagles will be willing to accommodate him. In Banner's 11 years as team president, he has never renegotiated a player's contract after one season. Rosenhaus did not rule out that Owens could miss some or all of the Eagles' off-season workouts or minicamps, and possibly training camp should a new deal not get done. "It's not really something I can make any predictions on," Rosenhaus said.

-- Philadelphia Inquirer

This is just the latest offseason twist for the Eagles, who could be experiencing some of the fallout that in the past has kept teams from repeating Super Bowl runs. Eagles offensive tackle Tra Thomas wants a new deal, too, Earlier this week, unhappy franchised defensive tackle Corey Simon vetoed a proposed trade with the Ravens because he couldn't agree with the Ravens on a long-term contract. Simon left little doubt that he does not like the 1-year, $5.13 million franchise tender, which he has not signed. Running back Brian Westbrook, who also wants a long-term deal with the Eagles, hasn't signed his 1-year restricted free agent tender. Defensive tackle Hollis Thomas is unhappy that the Birds won't revisit his contract, and has asked to be traded. The Eagles are expected to trade or release wide receiver Freddie Mitchell, who was unhappy with his role last season.

-- Philadelphia Daily News

Receiver Keyshawn Johnson laughed at a report that had the Cowboys potentially drafting Southern California receiver Mike Williams because Johnson was disgruntled about his contract. Johnson said he plans to honor his deal.

-- Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Bears free-agent RB Anthony Thomas worked out for the Bucs.

-- Tampa Tribune

Marcus Stroud has been a no-show at the Jaguars' voluntary offseason conditioning program and remains far apart in talks with the team on a long-term contract extension. Stroud, who has made the Pro Bowl each of the past two years, has said he wants to be the highest-paid defensive tackle in the NFL and reportedly is seeking a signing bonus of between $15 million and $20 million.

-- Jacksonville Times-Union

The Jaguars fortified themselves against a possible Stroud holdout by signing veteran defensive tackle Tony Williams to a two-year deal that included a $500,000 signing bonus.

-- Florida Times-Union

Redskins Coach Joe Gibbs expressed frustration over the absence of Santana Moss and Sean Taylor from voluntary offseason workouts. Gibbs said he believed that Moss's absence was related to his desire for a new contract. Gibbs confirmed last week that team officials had held discussions with Taylor to hear his contract concerns, but at this point the Redskins do not appear inclined to greatly alter that deal.

-- Washington Post

The Redskins signed linebacker Brian Allen, who had been with Carolina, to bolster their special teams.

-- Washington Post

The Titans have recently expressed more than just a passing interest in re-signing cornerback Andre Dyson.

-- Nashville Tenneseean

Brian Williams, the unrestricted Vikings cornerback who hasn't signed a contract yet, will bring the Vikings a first-round draft choice if another team signs him. Because the Vikings offered William $1.4 million this season, the team that signs him would have to give up a top draft choice.

-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Defensive back Michael Hawthorne, a free agent who has played with Green Bay the past two seasons, has agreed to terms on a one-year deal with the Rams.

-- St. Louis Post-Disptach

The Dolphins met with free-agent wide receiver Charles Lee earlier this week but a signing is unlikely before the draft April 23. A source said the Dolphins might be waiting before adding another receiver to their roster because the team is strongly considering selecting Michigan's Braylon Edwards with the No. 2 pick.

-- South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Utah quarterback Alex Smith, who Dolphins coach Nick Saban personally watched during Smith's workout last month in Salt Lake City, is scheduled to meet with the Dolphins for two days next week.

-- Miami Herald

Smith will work out for the Bucs in Salt Lake City on Friday. Smith, who could be available when Tampa Bay selects fifth overall in the draft, worked out for the 49ers on Monday and was scheduled to visit the Lions on Wednesday.

-- St. Petersburg Times

Contrary to the Wednesday rumors, it is tight end Alex Smith of Stanford -- not quarterback Alex Smith from Utah -- who is expected to meet with the Lions this week.

-- Detroit Free Press

University of Texas RB Cedric Benson, rated among the top three backs in this year's draft, visited the Bucs.

-- Tampa Tribune

This does not appear to be a strong draft for safeties.

-- Dallas Morning News

Mike Tice can expect to be fined by the NFL for reselling his Super Bowl tickets for a profit but the Vikings coach apparently will escape without a suspension. Commissioner Paul Tagliabue did not make it clear when he would issue a ruling or who else might be fined.

-- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Originally posted by hokie4redskins

Sounds good to me. SIAP, I checked.

:cheers:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/04/07/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

NFL Truth & Rumors: April 7, 2005

Posted: Thursday April 7, 2005 11:04AM; Updated: Thursday April 7, 2005 12:07PM

MORE TRUTH & RUMORS: NBA | MLB | NHL/Soccer

Brian Westbrook is just one of many unhappy Philadelphia Eagles.

Andy Lyons/Getty Images

One year after signing a seven-year contract worth just over $46 million, Terrell Owens wants to rework his deal, Owens' new agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said after meeting with Eagles president Joe Banner. It is unlikely the Eagles will be willing to accommodate him. In Banner's 11 years as team president, he has never renegotiated a player's contract after one season. Rosenhaus did not rule out that Owens could miss some or all of the Eagles' off-season workouts or minicamps, and possibly training camp should a new deal not get done. "It's not really something I can make any predictions on," Rosenhaus said.

-- Philadelphia Inquirer

This is just the latest offseason twist for the Eagles, who could be experiencing some of the fallout that in the past has kept teams from repeating Super Bowl runs. Eagles offensive tackle Tra Thomas wants a new deal, too, Earlier this week, unhappy franchised defensive tackle Corey Simon vetoed a proposed trade with the Ravens because he couldn't agree with the Ravens on a long-term contract. Simon left little doubt that he does not like the 1-year, $5.13 million franchise tender, which he has not signed. Running back Brian Westbrook, who also wants a long-term deal with the Eagles, hasn't signed his 1-year restricted free agent tender. Defensive tackle Hollis Thomas is unhappy that the Birds won't revisit his contract, and has asked to be traded. The Eagles are expected to trade or release wide receiver Freddie Mitchell, who was unhappy with his role last season.

-- Philadelphia Daily News

sounds good to me, dem ****s :laugh: :laugh:

Originally posted by herrmag

I'm not going to take any of this offseason stuff too seriously, unless it involves players on the Redskins not showing up for workouts. If Gibbs wants you at the workouts, get there!

yeah, i'm with you on that 100% , but lets remember its April and not July, if it was July then i would be irrate.. but we should be alright.

Originally posted by bubba9497

WESTBROOK36: in 3-2-1.....:silly:

Ok...that was freaky. Nice call....or are YOU really Westbrook36?

Me thinks the bubbster might have multiple personalities....

Is it possible Drew Rosenhaus is going to surpass the Postons on the slimeometer?

Originally posted by Grumpy Vet

Is it possible Drew Rosenhaus is going to surpass the Postons on the slimeometer?

Cool Sig. Grump

Originally posted by Grumpy Vet

you should email the quote in your sig to his web site.

Okay. If memory serves, I believe a few of our resident Eagles fans questioned the validity of the speculation on Owens hiring a new agent meaning he wanted to rework his deal. Even the report itself was questioned I believe. Ok. So. He is. This should really get good now. I mean, besides posturing.

Originally posted by jimster

you should email the quote in your sig to his web site.

you have a link to his site? I'll be happy to. So far he talks like a duck. If he walks and quacks like a duck - I'm gonna be pissed.

I'm very frustrated - we are looking for true Redskins....but let Pierce and Smoot go....and we sign Moss.....OK - I'm fine w/ that...if we found real teamplayers.....and he doesn't show up for practice? Nice start mini-Moss.

WTF?

Archived