Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Daily Hold'em

Henry

I love poker. Play with my friends pretty often, although lately I haven't played. It's generally the same few people that win anyway. I'm moving tomorrow and my new house has a poker table, need to buy some chips. :)

I don't really have any crazy stories, but I've been rivered quite a few times.

Hand of the Day:

NL tourney. You've got 11500 in chips (started with 10k). It's still round one. Blinds are at 10 and 15. You're in late position with QJs. Guy in middle position raises 60. You call. Everyone else folds.

Flop comes 5Q7 rainbow. He bets 120. You call.

Turn comes up Q. He bets 450.

What do you do?

Originally posted by Henry

Hand of the Day:

NL tourney. You've got 11500 in chips (started with 10k). It's still round one. Blinds are at 10 and 15. You're in late position with QJs. Guy in middle position raises 60. You call. Everyone else folds.

What do you do?

I raise his bet.

You let him know that you've got something going with the Queens.

A pair is already on the table. You have the other. The most he has is the other Queen. There's NOTHING else that he can have to beat you.

I might even go all in... but that's not my style.

Hand of the Day:

What do you do?

Re-raise.

There's only one more Q. If he's got it, he's also got to have one of the relatively few better kickers in the deck. The odds are with you with this set.

Originally posted by SkinzFan007

I've been waiting for somewhere to get this one off my chest. I went to Atlantic City last week for a two day trip with my friend. First day I sat at a $1-2 NL game and made a few hundred bucks. Next day we decided to play a tourney. $60 buy in with 120 people. With about 35 people left I was sitting pretty. I was like second in chips on my table. Blinds and antes were getting pretty high and people were dropping like flies.

I'm on the button with KK. Two calls in front of me and then one raise by the chip leader. Its obvious the two calls didnt have strong hands because they only called with shorter stacks late in the game. The chip leader was a loose player so I reraised all in with my KK. SB and BB fold as do the callers. I'm sitting there like I knew it. So the chip leader looks at me and goes well theres a whole lot of chips in this pot. I probably shouldnt but I'm gonna call. He flips over 9 10 offsuit.

Flop comes down 7 8 J. I was pretty angry to say the least. Win that pot and I'm chip leader of the tourney and glide into the final table.

That sucks dude. Big time.

There's NO WAY he should've went all in on a hand like that. Pure idiocy.

He might win this round... but I'd take a fool like that at my table any day.

Sometimes you get lucky... but playing like that... you're going to lose the shirt off your back very quickly.

Originally posted by JMac

We really need an ES poker tourny. Hard part is getting an exclusive table at PartyPoker or something similar.

I play at pokerroom.com. They may not be the best, but you can create an exclusive table, invite only thing, you know.

Originally posted by Symbol

I play at pokerroom.com. They may not be the best, but you can create an exclusive table, invite only thing, you know.

This is what we need for an exclusive ES Tourny. Invite only poker online. Sweet.

The other weekend at the American Legion we played a texas holdem tourney for the local college Lacrosse team:

We're at the final table and were down to 2. We have been playing with 56 others for 6 hours and now me and him went head to head for almost 2 hours... He's constantly folding and only raising when he actually has a hand.. I'm going all in quite a bit cause im 1/5th his chips... I finally get us even and it comes up. 28k I got K8 so I go 3k he goes all in...

He beat me... 3 (2's)... I've said i should have known ever since...

It was a good thing he won for them though cause they took his picture and it was going in the paper.. Ohh and college kids are crazy.. My original table all went to see a Journey tribute band and actually came back to root on a stranger (me) because they found out i was at the final table...

He got 500.00, a humidor full of cigars.. I got 150.00 and 3 cigars..

Henry your sittin on QQQJ7.

The best he can have is QQQ (AK)7.

man, I'd a put him on AA / KK and him thinkin you dont have the Q.

If he was raisin constantly with 46 he's crazy.

edit: (if its a later hand you can judge if he's a chaser or not) I normally play really tight in the beginning but whew, not that tight, given an hour to think about it, I'd fold.. Given 2 minutes to think about it.. I'm all in.

I just remember a hand I saw on TV.

Three players:

A little

A little

KK

Everybody bets.

Flop: A A little

Everybody bets

Turn: K

Net result after the turn:

• Player 1 is looking at two aces on the board, and holding another ace.
  • Player 2 is (also) looking at two aces on the board, and holding another ace.
  • Player 3 is looking at A A K on the board, and has two more Kings.

Net result: At least one person if going home after this hand.

I didn't re-raise the bet on the river, but I did call.

He had AQ. Funny, I was kicking myself for calling him down, and most here would have been raising the guy.

I've noticed so far that when I post a hand up here, almost noone ever says to fold. I gotta get some of you guys at my table. :)

Ok, well I simply called the bet. He raised before the flop and I thought it possible he had me out-kicked. The river comes up a 3. The guy bets 750.

Now what?

I'd come over the top of him. Let him know you have a killer as well. He has a possible 14 cards that can beat you, (assuming he has the queen) depending on the amount of cards played and what's left, you have the upper hand.

Come over the top easy and see if he jumps, also how was he playing earlier in the night? Has he been stealing any pots, or has he been playing it tight? This is the thing which would decide it for me.

If he is playing light a real tight wad, I may have folded on the $450 I doubt it, bbut maybe. But if he's been playing loose, he might want you to think he has the lady trying to threaten you out of the pot. In this case, I'd come over the top on him and watch for his reaction.

Depending on the way he's been playing, I'd either come over the top or call.

I've noticed so far that when I post a hand up here, almost noone ever says to fold. I gotta get some of you guys at my table. :)

:laugh: Yea, was it Rounders that had the quote. . .

If you can't spot the sucker within 15 min of a game, chaches are that the sucker is you

You played the hand right, but you really need to know the personalities of the people you are playing to better judge what position you should take. i play completely different depending on the opponent I am up against. Sometimes I fold with a killer, just because the other player plays tight as hell and only comes out when he/she has a killer as well. Other times, I'll go for broke with crap if I think I have a theif at the table.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok. More venting. :)

Tonight I've got 1350 in chips and I'm on the BB and I get pocket kings. Someone in early position raises the blind 300 in chips. Folds around to someone in middle position who raises another 300. I go all in. They both call.

First raiser has QQ. Second raiser has AA.

I hate it when that happens.

Archived