Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Daily Hold'em

Henry

It's the offseason, and I'm sick of talking about what wrong with who's religion, why Shavio must live or die, and President Bush's ties to Der Furher.

So I thought I'd start a thread devoted to poker. Let's kick it off with a hand I was in last night. I really need to vent about this one:

It was a 10/25 cent no limit game, $10 buy in. At the time I was up to about $25 and I was in middle position when I picked up pocket 4s. The table folds to me, so I raise $2 (A pretty sizeable raise in this game. With small pairs I like to weed out all but one hand, so I can take on two overcards giving me about a 50% chance to win.) I get two callers.

That's not good, and I get ready to fold, but the flop comes up 3 A 4 rainbow, which is a PERFECT flop for me. The guy in front of me checks. I check. The guy behind me bets out $3. The guy in front of me calls. I put them on an ace or a medium wired pair (wired Aces would have re-raised me before the flop) so I go all-in. Both call.

The guy in front of me has an Ace. I've got him beat.

The guy behind me has 5 2.

Offsuit.

Nut straight. Ballgame.

I lost about 12 bucks on that hand and the idiot tripled up. I love poker, but hands like that make me want to retire.

Hand of the Day: NL game. 50 and 100 blinds. You've got 12K in chips. You are on the BB and have 96 offsuit. You get two callers, no raisers, so you check. The flop comes up KK6. You bet 500 which both players call. Turn comes up K. You check, the player behind you checks, and the next guy goes all in (he has you covered.) What do you do?

You only have two ways to lose, the player has the fourth King (and if you loose on that so be it) and the player is holding a pocket pair higher than your six's. How much do you like money?

And how much do you have? I go for it!

Well in that postion i would reckon no one has a pocket pair because of the calls before the flop instead of a raised. Then because I'm me I would call with my full house and hope to god he dont have a King. Then again during a game of hold'em i was called the town drunk and idiot so what do i know

Originally posted by Henry

Hand of the Day: NL game. 50 and 100 blinds. You've got 12K in chips. You are on the BB and have 96 offsuit. You get two callers, no raisers, so you check. The flop comes up KK6. You bet 500 which both players call. Turn comes up K. You check, the player behind you checks, and the next guy goes all in (he has you covered.) What do you do?

I go all in as well. The odds of him holding the 4th K over your Full House K's and 6's is too high. I bet that all day long and if I lose to four K's then I lost to a great hand and tell him "Nice Hand"

It's tough to put him on a king, because then going all-in is a terrible play for him, especially with two players checking to him. At least that's what I thought. :)

Darn, so he had the fourth K. Impressive! :cheers:

It's tough to put him on a king, because then going all-in is a terrible play for him, especially with two players checking to him. At least that's what I thought. :)

Now if your playin someone with a twisted mind he might do that whilst having the 4th King in order for you to think this and call him, in which case it is a smart(albiet odd) play, then again my mind dont work straight all the time and i would think of something like that

Wow, someone stayed in with a 5 2 offsuit...that's crazy.

Let me tell you about the craziest hand I've played in.

It was a 14 man tourny, down to the last 2. Me and a friend of mine's wife. She was chip leader, but not by a whole lot. I had realized that she wasen't a bluffer, and only played when the cards were right, so I was pretty sure I could take her.

At this point, because the blinds were so high, we were both seeing the flop every hand. I had KQ suited hearts, decent hand that I could work with. Got 2 6 J of hearts on the flop. I knew the hand was mine, and with as much money that was in the pot, I would have become chip leader, so I went all in.....and she calls me. I was shocked, but once that happened I knew the game was mine. So, we flip cards and she realized her mistake. Next card that dropped was the 9 of hearts. So that's 6 hearts on the same hand. Then the river was a 9 of clubs, and I started moving the chips over to my side. But, someone had notices that she didn't burn the card, so we burned it, and the river card came out...A of hearts. I couldn't beleive it. A high flush, for both of us, and it was a push, and we both kept out money. I couldn't believe it. I was still in shock when we played the next hand and I went all in again and lost.

Still came away with money, but I lost about $80 on that hand.

Originally posted by StrongMad

I must be nutty cuz i dont understand how its a push, i understand you both have A high flushes but dont you have A,K,Q,J,9, and she has A,J,9,6,2 I thought you'd still be the winner.

Yeah, I thought the same thing.

I'd ask for my money and the trophy. :)

This is not an advertisement, so don't get mad at me, but - a friend just started up this website:

www.dcholdem.com

Looks like it's going to be a great place to gather and arrange games, share stories, etc. for the D.C. area. Check it.

Oh, yeah - and read the story about losing a full house to a straight flush.

BD

opiates story got me thinkin of probly the funkiest thing ive ever seen in a hold'em game. I was at a friends house hanging out and all his relatives were playin hold'em, apparently they had a problem so they called him in and then he called me in. the board was A,A,9,9,Joker so everyone had the full house, however one person had a 9 giving him four 9's however someone had a K and for some odd reason everyone thought the guy with the K won makin it so a full house beat four of a kind, that one kept me ponderin for a good week before i stopped thinkin about it

Originally posted by StrongMad

I must be nutty cuz i dont understand how its a push, i understand you both have A high flushes but dont you have A,K,Q,J,9, and she has A,J,9,6,2 I thought you'd still be the winner.

It doesn't matter what the other cards were, just the top one. That's poker. So if that card had been any other heart, I would have one with the king high. I tried to argue this point, but the house overruled me.

I would be down for hosting an extremeskins poker tourney.

How many people would we have? Plus I would say only members.

I live in Arlington and could have two tables set up if needed.

Not sure on date or buy in yet, just curious as to how many would be interested? I'd be cool with 12 with two tables.

Let's see how it goes and we could maybe do it more often.

I live in Arlington, VA. I would want to host it on a Friday night say 8pm? I have friends that play all the time, but I would want to keep this to ES members only.

Here's the head count: (12 seats)

1. All In

Originally posted by Opiate-Zeo

It doesn't matter what the other cards were, just the top one. That's poker. So if that card had been any other heart, I would have one with the king high. I tried to argue this point, but the house overruled me.

Well, house rules are house rules, but in this case I think the house had it wrong. :)

Archived