Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Daily Hold'em

Henry

Originally posted by Opiate-Zeo

It doesn't matter what the other cards were, just the top one. That's poker. So if that card had been any other heart, I would have one with the king high. I tried to argue this point, but the house overruled me.

That's incorrect, were these experienced players? You should have won.

Henry,

If that person was in-experienced I would have let them take the pot. I think the mistake was going all-in withtout playing out another card to see what the table would do. I would have been tighter in that situation.

Against a savy player, I would call. Hey if you lose to 4 kings against a good player you it's an easier loss.

Originally posted by Henry

The guy in front of me has an Ace. I've got him beat.

The guy behind me has 5 2.

Offsuit.

Nut straight. Ballgame.

I lost about 12 bucks on that hand and the idiot tripled up. I love poker, but hands like that make me want to retire.

Thanks for the $12! :laugh: j/k

My neighbor plays online all the time. The other night he

had pocket aces and lost. He was furious. He said online

someone will hold out till the end and get a straight

to beat you.

Originally posted by All In

That's incorrect, were these experienced players? You should have won.

Henry,

If that person was in-experienced I would have let them take the pot. I think the mistake was going all-in withtout playing out another card to see what the table would do. I would have been tighter in that situation.

Against a savy player, I would call. Hey if you lose to 4 kings against a good player you it's an easier loss.

Actually, I did fold. The guy behind me called.

The guy who went all-in had a 65s. The guy who called had Ax (dumb call IMHO.)

I was kicking myself pretty good until the river came up an Ace. Knocked the first guy out.

There's nothing quite like dodging bad luck. :)

Originally posted by All In

I don't like to play online due to the fact that you can't read the player. It's like taking half of the game away.

Is no one interested in having an ES tourney?

I wish I could, but I just don't have the time right now. Maybe in a few months.

I'll try and keep this thread alive until then. :)

I am always game for a tourney. I have played in quite a few tournaments from Southern Maryland to Binions in Vegas. There is one thing that I have learned the hard way. Players who are new and don't understand the game yet are the most dangerous.

Originally posted by riggins44

My neighbor and a friend play Ultimatebet.com. Does anyone here play this site?

I play at UB and at Pacific under the name "ckbrave." Usually playing $50 No Limit tables or low limit Sit-n-Gos.

Stop by and say hello if you see me.

Originally posted by Brave

I play at UB and at Pacific under the name "ckbrave." Usually playing $50 No Limit tables or low limit Sit-n-Gos.

Stop by and say hello if you see me.

Does pacific have NL tables now? I used to play over there, but they only had limit games at the time, which is why I don't play there anymore ...

Hand of the Day: NL game. 50 and 100 blinds. You've got 12K in chips. You are on the BB and have 96 offsuit. You get two callers, no raisers, so you check. The flop comes up KK6. You bet 500 which both players call. Turn comes up K. You check, the player behind you checks, and the next guy goes all in (he has you covered.) What do you do?

I actually had this happen in a game one time. It was just me and this other guy left in the hand. Instead of three kings on the board, there were three fours. Anyways, I had a full house with 10s. The other guy goes all in, forcing me all in as well. I think about for a second, then figure that there is no way he has the fourth four. Well, I was wrong. The last card comes up and guess what, it's another four.

I end of losing everything at a time when I was in second place. It was probably the most depressing sequence of events I ever had in poker. I was so sure he couldn't pull off the four of a kind. It just shows you anything can happen in poker.

I've been waiting for somewhere to get this one off my chest. I went to Atlantic City last week for a two day trip with my friend. First day I sat at a $1-2 NL game and made a few hundred bucks. Next day we decided to play a tourney. $60 buy in with 120 people. With about 35 people left I was sitting pretty. I was like second in chips on my table. Blinds and antes were getting pretty high and people were dropping like flies.

I'm on the button with KK. Two calls in front of me and then one raise by the chip leader. Its obvious the two calls didnt have strong hands because they only called with shorter stacks late in the game. The chip leader was a loose player so I reraised all in with my KK. SB and BB fold as do the callers. I'm sitting there like I knew it. So the chip leader looks at me and goes well theres a whole lot of chips in this pot. I probably shouldnt but I'm gonna call. He flips over 9 10 offsuit.

Flop comes down 7 8 J. I was pretty angry to say the least. Win that pot and I'm chip leader of the tourney and glide into the final table.

It's the offseason, and I'm sick of talking about what wrong with who's religion, why Shavio must live or die, and President Bush's ties to Der Furher.

So I thought I'd start a thread devoted to poker. Let's kick it off with a hand I was in last night. I really need to vent about this one:

It was a 10/25 cent no limit game, $10 buy in. At the time I was up to about $25 and I was in middle position when I picked up pocket 4s. The table folds to me, so I raise $2 (A pretty sizeable raise in this game. With small pairs I like to weed out all but one hand, so I can take on two overcards giving me about a 50% chance to win.) I get two callers.

That's not good, and I get ready to fold, but the flop comes up 3 A 4 rainbow, which is a PERFECT flop for me. The guy in front of me checks. I check. The guy behind me bets out $3. The guy in front of me calls. I put them on an ace or a medium wired pair (wired Aces would have re-raised me before the flop) so I go all-in. Both call.

The guy in front of me has an Ace. I've got him beat.

The guy behind me has 5 2.

Offsuit.

Nut straight. Ballgame.

I lost about 12 bucks on that hand and the idiot tripled up. I love poker, but hands like that make me want to retire.

Hand of the Day: NL game. 50 and 100 blinds. You've got 12K in chips. You are on the BB and have 96 offsuit. You get two callers, no raisers, so you check. The flop comes up KK6. You bet 500 which both players call. Turn comes up K. You check, the player behind you checks, and the next guy goes all in (he has you covered.) What do you do?

.......you have to call...no way you back down from any FULL HOUSE...youre not God, .....bet it all baby.......i wouldnt feel bad losing to a higher fullhouse or 4 of a kind....i'd be more pissed if i folded a winning FULL HOUSE

Henry, the guy in your game, where you lost with 3-4s, that guy who won, should have folded with 5-2...come on, you cant play against luck like that

Originally posted by unsonny

FOLD.......get he hell out of there - i am a tight player, any pressure, i pucker up even tighter

Henry, the guy in your game, were you lost with 3-4s, that guy who won, should have folded with 5-2...come on, you cant play against luck like that

That is why we call you....Senor Fold!

You know I would have stayed in that hand....and probably have gone all in! ;)

Originally posted by RonJeremy

That is why we call you....Senor Fold!

You know I would have stayed in that hand....and probably have gone all in! ;)

i changed it Ron Jeremy

i couldnt fold it, not a FULLBOAt

i changed it Ron Jeremy

i couldnt fold it, not a FULLBOAt

true 'dat. But I wouldn't have been surprised if you folded...:D

That's how you stay in so long. Wait everyone out. Let us beat each up other for a couple of hours. Then you make your move...I'm on to you Unsonny!! ;)

Originally posted by RonJeremy

true 'dat. But I wouldn't have been surprised if you folded...:D

That's how you stay in so long. Wait everyone out. Let us beat each up other for a couple of hours. Then you make your move...I'm on to you Unsonny!! ;)

how are your tickets coming bro?...did that dude come to his senses?

you look on EBAY lately, crazy prices out there:logo:

how are your tickets coming bro?...did that dude come to his senses?

you look on EBAY lately, crazy prices out there:logo:

:cuss: no luck yet.

Looking more and more like I will be sitting with Chapelle.

I sent you a PM.

sorry...:ot:

back to Hold'em talk!

You really can't answer this question unless we know how many people were left in the tournament, which places paid out, and how big your stack was compared to the rest of the table (and the player that checked).

It's pretty improbable that he holds the case king, but he could easily have 77 or higher. It's pretty reasonable he would call with a mid pocket pair because someone limped in before him preflop. He could also have a lower pocket pair or A6s (or 67).

You probably shouldn't have checked the turn if you were seriously considering calling the guy. If you were prepared to call an all-in bet, you should probably bet out in that situation, maybe go all-in yourself. Once you check the turn, you're already in a position of weakness.

I think I would have bet 1,000 or more when the third K hit. He probably wouldn't have gone all-in if you had bet into him.

The way you played it, checking the turn, I think I would have folded to his all-in bet. There's only $1850 in the pot before his bet, so if you call you're getting just barely better than even money. I wouldn't stake my tournament life on that, because you could easily be drawing dead.

Archived